41 members have voted

1. 1. which is better?

• Merc C43
    • Audi S4
    • BMW M2
    • BMW M240i . Much cheaper option ?

Supercharged
(edited)

Hope to get some feedback on the above options. going for test drive but hope to get some input on what to take note and ask. Thanks.

Edited by Heman75
↡ Advertisement

Hope to get some feedback on the above options. going for test drive but hope to get some input on what to take note and ask. Thanks.

M2 > C43

I think someone once mentioned that buying not the issue.  Its maintaining the car.   [laugh]

Supercharged

M2 > C43

I think someone once mentioned that buying not the issue.  Its maintaining the car.   [laugh]

must hear from those expert owners.. but usually should be able to get 5yrs warranty and maintance free from the AD.

Supercharged

I can buy neither of them...

be positive.. you will some days.. believe yourself you can do it.

Supercharged

I was contemplating between M2/M240i few days ago. M2 was sounding better and M240i was moving faster.

Not a big fan of MB or Audi, so never bothered to check.

Supercharged

I was contemplating between M2/M240i few days ago. M2 was sounding better and M240i was moving faster.

Not a big fan of MB or Audi, so never bothered to check.

you are right ... ppl is comment make more sense to get M240i as the difference isnt great but the saving is huge especially in singapore context like over sgd60k. but then the M2 badge more premium against m240i..

another cheaper option i found is the Q50s 400horse...and so much cheaper.

you are right ... ppl is comment make more sense to get M240i as the difference isnt great but the saving is huge especially in singapore context like over sgd60k. but then the M2 badge more premium against m240i..

another cheaper option i found is the Q50s 400horse...and so much cheaper.

What's the fun of doing launch control at every traffic light junction?

Anyway, most of the time you might be using for commuting.  M240 lor.

The only reason that ppl comment no diff due to lack of understanding of ///M.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

M2 is fairly hardcore. It's fun but the ride and noise I'm not sure everyone can tahan on a daily basis.

How about a 340i or 440i?

If you want comfort and more space, S4. then C43. Performance for the 2 should be similar.

Driving dynamics, M2 then 240i. Interior of the BMW IMHO cannot match Audi/Merc.

Basically, S4/Merc is more luxury performance while BMW is more hardcore driver appeal.

Why ask us. Go test all 4 and see for yourself.

Supercharged

M2 is fairly hardcore. It's fun but the ride and noise I'm not sure everyone can tahan on a daily basis.

How about a 340i or 440i?

i was looking through youtube. the noise is additive. hahah

If you want comfort and more space, S4. then C43. Performance for the 2 should be similar.

Driving dynamics, M2 then 240i. Interior of the BMW IMHO cannot match Audi/Merc.

Basically, S4/Merc is more luxury performance while BMW is more hardcore driver appeal.

Why ask us. Go test all 4 and see for yourself.

Yes going for test drive. CnC no c43 sedan only Daimen has. just confirmed with my SA. i do have the same option as u. most likely between c43 and s4. i like c43 exterior but s4 interior putting aside the performance as yet to test drive. need to ask what to take note of when comparing and test driving. when to engross may over looked some thing

M2 is a pure M car, M240 is not. M2 has a much higher capacity of modding than M240, your aftermarket 3rd party parts are widely available and a Lot to choose from.

S4 and the C43 are more practical cars with 4 doors.

Since you are comparing only for the engine I Guess, I would say go for the M2. It's a more eye opening car.

(edited)

I much prefer the looks of the 2 over the mb and audi. s4 n c43 more practical with 4 doors. If i was single, definitely the 2. M2 v M240 i would go for the more comfortable ride if its a daily drive. Sg roads are pretty badly cut up and its not fun when the bones get rattled constantly.

Edited by Squeaky

If it is a ride for daily commute, you got to ask if you can take such spirited driving everyday on a M.

As noted, maybe a 340 or 440 and still got change left over? Or if must be unique, then go Alpina B3 (but think must top up $ over M2).

(edited)

i was looking through youtube. the noise is additive. hahah

Yes going for test drive. CnC no c43 sedan only Daimen has. just confirmed with my SA. i do have the same option as u. most likely between c43 and s4. i like c43 exterior but s4 interior putting aside the performance as yet to test drive. need to ask what to take note of when comparing and test driving. when to engross may over looked some thing

I feel the M2 is sort of a not FULL M engine.

All real M cars until now use engines with an S designation. e.g. S55, S62 etc

The M2 uses a uprated N55. The M3/4 uses S55. I think the M2 is still open deck design.

BMW seems to reserve the S designation for full blown performance engines.

I own a B8 S4, so can only comment on the Audi. When you test drive, turn the wheel to full lock and accelerate from say a U-turn. The torsen in Audi's Quattro has a tendency to do what we call a 'Quattro bite', with full lock and accelerating, can sometimes feel the differential. Since you buying new, really nothing to look out for. Just drive them HARD and see which one you like best. In terms of modding, both should be good for 100hp more just from a tune. And I believe both are underrated. Both should be closer to 380-400hp. The Germans tend to understate their output.

No need ask us. Go test drive and then go with your heart. Its your $.

Edited by Ake109

Supercharged

Anyone know why a sedan C43 is more expensive then a GLC43? issit a SUV should be more expensive than the normal sedan , SUV more complicated. 

although my heart is c43 but knowing the quote from my SE, the S4 becomes more attractive until today when i saw a new variant of GLC43 at a much cheaper price. 

↡ Advertisement