Singapore RECKLESS drivers thread Part IV

RadX

Hypersonic

There's no easy way to eliminate inexperienced or buay zai drivers.

My wife got her driving license a few years ago.. for 'emergency use if needed'

So far, never even touched the steering wheel.

She's not confident to drive anyway, according to her.

True... no easy way but at least the authority should put in some measures. They are doing nothing. If they do something, it will probably be just money, like increase the license fee from $250 to $500 or $1000 to pay for their before-year-end bonus's bonus.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

cant tell whats the years of driving even if one holds a a license for 10 years.

Maybe shd count NCD or use number of insured years.

Means before you can be eligible to drive Uber, one needs to have been covered under motor insurance for the preceding 2 years first.

• Praise 1

Inconsiderate guy for sure. Fact that he could just swing out without reversing means he has sufficnet space in front for him to move forward , but he choose to block the clearance of the taxi. Of course the taxi already upset when seeing a competitor. Not saying the taxi was correct though.

less then 700 cannot claim insurance I thing. Based on insurance assessor depends on how the "story" is told even worst.

Inconsiderate guy for sure. Fact that he could just swing out without reversing means he has sufficnet space in front for him to move forward , but he choose to block the clearance of the taxi. Of course the taxi already upset when seeing a competitor. Not saying the taxi was correct though.

less then 700 cannot claim insurance I thing. Based on insurance assessor depends on how the "story" is told even worst.

Turbocharged

Minimum age of private-hire car drivers in the spotlight after fatal Uber accident

(Source: http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/minimum-age-of-private-hire-car-drivers-in-the-spotlight-after-9027842)

Think a proposal to increase the minimum age of PHV drivers will work? :huh:

Hui Ge Ge has got to be the top revenue earner for the pappies...no dispute on that..after the fiasco on SMRT...now his band of PHV drivers are running amok..

Huat Arh!

Actually to be fair, everyone of us started out as inexperienced and buay zai. I remembered when I first got my car at age 30 ('8' years of driving experience), I made lots of mistakes, even got into some minor accidents.

Some (esp women) despite driving to and from work each day, chose to take public transport other times due to lack of confidence.

I believe this is just a passing phase. Once this batch of inexperienced drivers accumulated more experience, they will be a match for taxi drivers (some of whom drive horribly even with experience). Of course there will always be young entrants but this Uber phenomenon may not be that sustainable anyway.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Actually to be fair, everyone of us started out as inexperienced and buay zai. I remembered when I first got my car at age 30 ('8' years of driving experience), I made lots of mistakes, even got into some minor accidents.

Some (esp women) despite driving to and from work each day, chose to take public transport other times due to lack of confidence.

I believe this is just a passing phase. Once this batch of inexperienced drivers accumulated more experience, they will be a match for taxi drivers (some of whom drive horribly even with experience). Of course there will always be young entrants but this Uber phenomenon may not be that sustainable anyway.

agree but you would have a standard route to get to work and back home and around your neighbourhood. this in a way helps you be build more confidence in driving since you at least have one factor eliminated, ie, route familiarity. 

these new inexperienced PHV drivers do not have that advantage. And that is a super big disadvantage because a lot of attention will be focused on the GPS, leading to distraction to other happenings on the road.

• Praise 5

This kind of accident, if the vezel owner have cam in car to proof, I am quite sure repair cost won't be in hundreds.

Vezel owner will not have a car when it is in the workshop for repair, so need to provide a replacement. The cost of rental car will be charge to the taxi insurer.

Ownself bang ownself   [confused]

https://www.facebook.com/Roads.sg/videos/1616708131694917/

Miracle he or she missed every other road users except the poor right roadside plants & the left side railing...

Wah!  :slow:

Like I playing table Caron seeds bouncing left right center   :XD:

He must be GCT personal driver [drivingcar] who agreed with him everything also have to be ownself doing ownself    :gangs:

• Praise 10

There's actually quite a bit of girls/women i knew got licence just to frame up de.. [crazy]  *roll eyes* arboh is for their bf/husband to use for points deduction :psychotic:

• Praise 2

Miracle he or she missed every other road users except the poor right roadside plants & the left side railing...

This accident seemed to be a play between the white car and the motorbike.  Apparently, the white car seemed to 'threaten' the biker by swerving to the right however, 'KARMA' seem to ensure the aggressor does not get away with it.

To me, it's instant KARMA.

• Praise 8

Seems like earlier got some conflict with the biker.. Biker "point" him liao then I think he just wanna scare the biker off by jerking his steering to the right but mis cue all the f@cking left right center~ 

*P/s.. Biker gan si lan heng~~

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3