Singapore RECKLESS drivers thread Part IV

RadX

Twincharged

Tyre lost traction? do not seems like a very fast speed... worn out tyre?

Seems like he want to overtake on 1st lane. So step accelerator hard and turn right at same time, he then noticed got motorbike at blindspot and quickly turn back and due to over correction, the rest is the history.

Only he himself got to blame for being so impatient. Heng he bang Ownself and no other motorist involved.. What a close shave for the motorbike and the car on lane 3.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Besides setting min age and driving experience, I think these PH drivers should undergo some form of courses to validate their driving competency, similar to taxi drivers.. Well,I may hold the license for 10yrs,but only have physically driven for a month. I'm only experienced on paper.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Besides setting min age and driving experience, I think these PH drivers should undergo some form of courses to validate their driving competency, similar to taxi drivers.. Well,I may hold the license for 10yrs,but only have physically driven for a month. I'm only experienced on paper.

I think it's most important to validate their competency rather than base off age. I myself will admit I am a in the age bracket that we are talking about...

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

agree but you would have a standard route to get to work and back home and around your neighbourhood. this in a way helps you be build more confidence in driving since you at least have one factor eliminated, ie, route familiarity.

these new inexperienced PHV drivers do not have that advantage. And that is a super big disadvantage because a lot of attention will be focused on the GPS, leading to distraction to other happenings on the road.

Fully agreed..

At a expressway exit that split into multiple exit. Newbie driver will get confused and will last minute change lane.

• Praise 1

(edited)

I guess something must have happened on the minibus which prompted the bus driver to pull the minibus to the side of the express way... Perhaps that is why he turned on the hazard lights... nonetheless, it was very reckless of the minibus driver to suddenly filter inwards at such a steep angle (which created many blind spot for himself/herself) and without due consideration for other cars... unfortunately for the minibus driver, he couldn't see the motorbike because of the blind spot and in the process he hit a motor bike... 

i see ERP gantry just ahead [:|] 

paiseh, just saw somebody already observed that immediately after the post :XD: 

Edited by Cumzilla

Seems like he want to overtake on 1st lane. So step accelerator hard and turn right at same time, he then noticed got motorbike at blindspot and quickly turn back and due to over correction, the rest is the history.

Only he himself got to blame for being so impatient. Heng he bang Ownself and no other motorist involved.. What a close shave for the motorbike and the car on lane 3.

The bike and the car were playing braking game, at one point the biker raised his arm (to point at the driver?).

I suspect the driver tried to scare the biker by swirling right then left suddenly, but ended up losing control of his/her car.

• Praise 1

Twincharged
(edited)

Fully agreed..

At a expressway exit that split into multiple exit. Newbie driver will get confused and will last minute change lane.

Things is not so simple as newbie driver don't know road well, sometimes is passenger last minute want take this exit or that exit. Sometimes is because of call come in and then need to make this turn and etc.

From the recent fatal accident that involved 22yrs old Uber driver, the age come to limelight again. When a person is young, there is higher chance for them to speed and do all those dangerous move as compared to older people. Not say older people don't do these stunt, they still do but % of people doing that will be lesser.

Then there is also people who complained that experience counts, if those who never drive for very long time but have driving experience for say 5 yrs, they are equally as bad. But hey, like that we are not given people any chance alr already. We must understand that not all people are that fortunate to drive car, then what if this guy had never drive for many years and want to drive Uber full time for living? Aren't we supposed to give chance? When he drive full time for say 6 months, he will also get quite experience already. Everyone will need a starting point of people giving them chance to prove themselves.

If no chance given, society will be really in a very sad state. With regard to age, I feel that, as rider is in driver hands, it is good to set minimum age say 25 or 28 or even 30. As it is not too much about experience on the road, but more about how mature the driver think. Those who very young age who is already have mature thinking, too bad, maybe wait a few more years to hit minimum age ba.

Edited by Yewheng
  • Praise 1

The bike and the car were playing braking game, at one point the biker raised his arm (to point at the driver?).

I suspect the driver tried to scare the biker by swirling right then left suddenly, but ended up losing control of his/her car.

Never do that on entry-level electric PS.

You can try (if you dare) ... at 80 km/h or higher, straight empty road, then suddenly do a hard swerve and then yet again, but in the other direction ...

The car will "react" ... scary sial !

I actually tried it on a test drive car. The SE's face turned pale like sh!t

Turbocharged

There's actually quite a bit of girls/women i knew got licence just to frame up de.. [crazy] *roll eyes* arboh is for their bf/husband to use for points deduction :psychotic:

Er..ahem

Supersonic

I think you guys give "taxi training" too much credit.

From what I heard, they test you more on memory.

Test you to memorize 40 routes.

Test you on traffic offences, how much fine, how much demerit points ?

Don't think a taxi driver will become a "better" driver bcuz of these kind of memory training.

• Praise 2

Don't think a taxi driver will become a "better" driver bcuz of these kind of memory training.

You heard but not actually sit on the test.

I took the test on all papers and pass on first try for all.

You have to physically be tested with video captured on how you should be doing and handling your customers, to determine where to safely pickup and drop off your customers. Safety is more of a concern rather than the routes you mentioned. If you are seasoned drivers, the routes are not difficult. They actually test you like if you travel from airport to a hotel via pie, some prominent building should be seen on your left or right. This is to make sure you are on the right direction.

Test and courses is one thing, whether the drivers practice what they have been taught is another.

I would say at least a taxi drivers were taught and know what they are doing and would get their license gantong if kena complaint.

Yes, I agreed taxi drivers are a lot better than pH as a "taxi driver".

• Praise 4

Yup agree ... over-correction on an electric power steering.

This won't likely have happened on a hydraulic PS.

The driver (assumed a he) and biker probably had an earlier altercation.

Biker cruising on his right then tried to giat him.

Then biker lifted his left arm to make a sign to him and that's when the driver performed his stunt.

Looking at his initial moves, all he had wanted to do was to suddenly swerve right and then back left again - I guess to scare the biker a bit :D

But what he did not expect was how his (entry-level) electric PS would over-correct on that first two sudden steering changes ... and aggravated by even more over-corrections after that!

So it's a case of electric PS gone wild, with sudden and random inputs by the driver!!!

(edited)

i believe no traction control / ESP equipe on those cars.

All my older cars in the last 30+ years ... those in the 80's and very early 90's, without ETC or ESP and whatever ... be it F/F or F/R ... did not behave like that lah! Edited by merc280v6
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

All my older cars in the last 30+ years ... those in the 80's and very early 90's, without ETC or ESP and whatever ... be it F/F or F/R ... did not behave like that lah!

Maybe u didn't swerve suddenly on botak tyres or wet road...
  • Praise 1

at one point taxi licence are for citizens above 35....now its 30. Yes....its quite easy to pass the test but age and circumstances differs for every individual. 1 group is looking for for bread and butter for their families, another is to pass time and earn an extra income. Guess where the younger but single drivers falls into? Generally younger drivers as in other vocations are hotheads, impatience and most likely to take risks. Will the other 2 category take risks or being impatience so as to break their rice bowl! Most would not......but there will be that minority!
  • Praise 3