Singapore RECKLESS drivers thread Part IV

RadX

Hypersonic

In an incident like this where the Mitsubishi Attrage driver's behavior was rather bizarre when he stopped his car suddenly for no apparent reason after making U-Turn, do you folks think that the video evidence is a good enough ground/proof for cam white car driver to make a successful insurance claim against the Mitsubishi driver?

Yes, video is evidence. Will not be 100% liability in this case. See how insurer sees the case liao.

• Praise 1

Twincharged

In an incident like this where the Mitsubishi Attrage driver's behavior was rather bizarre when he stopped his car suddenly for no apparent reason after making U-Turn, do you folks think that the video evidence is a good enough ground/proof for cam white car driver to make a successful insurance claim against the Mitsubishi driver?

The BMW Driver also followed too close,should let the Mitsubitshi driver go further...before coming out the Give Way.I think should be 50% chance winning,the Mitsubitshi Owner could said,he stopped,because something dropped in the Car after the U-Turn...

Earlier on drove alongside a Maserati driven by a young girl with her boy friend beside her. Weave in and out traffic going at >80kmph on normal road not expressway just outside autobacs bukit batok. I managed to catch up at traffic light as they need to turn right into Hillview Avenue. Confirm, a young couple . . . Very dangerous driver.

Colour and model? I will watch out for this car....

The BMW Driver also followed too close,should let the Mitsubitshi driver go further...before coming out the Give Way.I think should be 50% chance winning,the Mitsubitshi Owner could said,he stopped,because something dropped in the Car after the U-Turn...

Or a wild boat was running across the road. Hitting the car in front I think quite hard to claim.

this one really is tanjia one. Must communicate with taxi lao to tally the report.

which any way, wont be surprise that insurance company would choose the easy way to settle. Claim all from behind. Dui.....

i will be very surprised that attrage lao does not claim medical.

• Praise 2

It's illogical to have stopped suddenly but both the BMW and taxi failed to check clear in front of them before exiting the slip road. Chances are they were looking over their shoulder.

Hypersonic

this one really is tanjia one. Must communicate with taxi lao to tally the report.

which any way, wont be surprise that insurance company would choose the easy way to settle. Claim all from behind. Dui.....

i will be very surprised that attrage lao does not claim medical.

I am surprised tow truck did not appear within 60s.

Hypersonic
(edited)

森林大厦一带发生致命车祸 一人死亡

森林大厦(Sim Lim Tower)附近的梧槽干拿路(Rochor Canal Road)一带发生致命车祸,造成一人死亡。

这起意外发生在今天下午2时许,事故相信涉及一辆电单车和一辆私人巴士。

http://www.zaobao.com.sg/realtime/singapore/story20170506-757131

[shakehead]  :a-rip:

post-15968-0-04496100-1494127659_thumb.jpg

Edited by Blueray

森林大厦一带发生致命车祸 一人死亡

Here's the same news in English....

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/motorcyclist-dies-in-accident-with-bus-near-sim-lim-tower

[:(]

Twincharged

I am going to out on a limb and say I agree with you. After I start driving manual car I am EXTREMELY sensitive to safety distance cos too close might mean sudden braking which means stalling. That is one reason why I think drivers of auto cars (I assume the BMW is auto) have to be careful cos one press of accelerator the car can go very fast from standstill while for manual you have to change gear change and change so if situation like this happens easier to react. Off topic here though

But I agree the mistsubishi should not have suddenly stopped. So perhaps 50-50

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

It's illogical to have stopped suddenly but both the BMW and taxi failed to check clear in front of them before exiting the slip road. Chances are they were looking over their shoulder.

yes... in this case, seeing how the road ahead is clear for the Attrage, even I would be looking over my shoulder to merge to the main road... who the fck expects a car to jam brake in the middle of the road for no reason.

This type of driving is now one more thing to look out for when driving in our roads

• Praise 6

I am going to out on a limb and say I agree with you. After I start driving manual car I am EXTREMELY sensitive to safety distance cos too close might mean sudden braking which means stalling. That is one reason why I think drivers of auto cars (I assume the BMW is auto) have to be careful cos one press of accelerator the car can go very fast from standstill while for manual you have to change gear change and change so if situation like this happens easier to react. Off topic here though

I am surprise to hear this statement from someone who drive MT daily.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

I really admire manual car Drivers, the morning peak traffic can be crazy and the cars are usually quite close especially lane 1

• Praise 2

Twincharged

I am surprise to hear this statement from someone who drive MT daily.

Actually why? I used to stall when I just got my car and while it is easy to recover from its something I want to avoid as much as possible. And sudden braking because you did not keep a safe distance brings a higher risk of stalling and since it is easily avoidable (just keep a safe distance), just keep a safe distance.

And of cos I work in the emergency services where we deal with road traffic accidents (beyond the usual emergencies and non emergencies) so I am more sensitive to road safety also.

Colour and model? I will watch out for this car....

Or a wild boat was running across the road. Hitting the car in front I think quite hard to claim.

Black and the vroom vroom damn loud.

• Praise 1

Twincharged

森林大厦一带发生致命车祸 一人死亡

These type of M'sia Buses never care other's safety,everytime i turned into Queens St from Arab St,these Buses when leaving the Terminal don't bother to check traffic....just come out like his Father's Road..

(edited)

Actually why? I used to stall when I just got my car and while it is easy to recover from its something I want to avoid as much as possible. And sudden braking because you did not keep a safe distance brings a higher risk of stalling and since it is easily avoidable (just keep a safe distance), just keep a safe distance.

And of cos I work in the emergency services where we deal with road traffic accidents (beyond the usual emergencies and non emergencies) so I am more sensitive to road safety also.

Stall doent mean car must become stationary. So dangerous and causes obstruction. And e brake doesnt mean will cause stalling. Actually, normal reflex will mean you brake and clutch in together, esp so for a season manual driver. Edited by Xanavi
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1