Singapore RECKLESS drivers thread Part IV

RadX

Hypersonic

I am going to out on a limb and say I agree with you. After I start driving manual car I am EXTREMELY sensitive to safety distance cos too close might mean sudden braking which means stalling. That is one reason why I think drivers of auto cars (I assume the BMW is auto) have to be careful cos one press of accelerator the car can go very fast from standstill while for manual you have to change gear change and change so if situation like this happens easier to react. Off topic here though

But I agree the mistsubishi should not have suddenly stopped. So perhaps 50-50

You need to improve your manual car driving skills.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

I was taught by the army driving instructors to hit the brake first then the clutch almost immediately. Reason being once the clutch is depressed the gear would be in neutral...it's better to stall the engine and let it works like engine braking to aid in emergency braking manoeuvre.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

I am going to out on a limb and say I agree with you. After I start driving manual car I am EXTREMELY sensitive to safety distance cos too close might mean sudden braking which means stalling. That is one reason why I think drivers of auto cars (I assume the BMW is auto) have to be careful cos one press of accelerator the car can go very fast from standstill while for manual you have to change gear change and change so if situation like this happens easier to react. Off topic here though

But I agree the mistsubishi should not have suddenly stopped. So perhaps 50-50

May I ask when you do sudden brake, do you clutch in as well? 

• Praise 3

Hypersonic

I was taught by the army driving instructors to hit the brake first then the clutch almost immediately. Reason being once the clutch is depressed the gear would be in neutral...it's better to stall the engine and let it works like engine braking to aid in emergency braking manoeuvre.

Yes, brake first then clutch almost immediately. If properly done, car will not stall.

• Praise 4

Twincharged
(edited)

May I ask when you do sudden brake, do you clutch in as well?

Assuming it is emergency emergency brake I would jam brake first then clutch in just before it stops. If cannot clutch in in time then car stalls but at least it stops. But so far in my life from auto to manual never had to jam brake at high speed cos quite a stickler for safety distance and following speed limits (except nsh)

But I try to avoid such situations.

Edited by Philipkee

Supersonic

We see this a thousand times everyday.

One lane slows down, someone will attempt to switch lane, and it's guaranteed;  signal or not is immaterial.

The lane-splitting motorcyclist speeding up from behind doesn't slow down. He thinks he's entitled to lane split.

The difference in player may be a lorry with poor view

...and a blue tent.

And the carnage goes on.

• Praise 10

Turbocharged

KNN, what the fark is the Attrage doing?

Working. Have to find a way to pay off the loan faster.

Supersonic

Assuming it is emergency emergency brake I would jam brake first then clutch in just before it stops. If cannot clutch in in time then car stalls but at least it stops. But so far in my life from auto to manual never had to jam brake at high speed cos quite a stickler for safety distance and following speed limits (except nsh)

But I try to avoid such situations.

So, basically, the main point is that you are a stickler for keeping a safe distance. Nothing to do with the choice between MT or AT, so no need long story about why MT better than AT for keeping a safe distance etc. :D

Don't want to go even more OT on this tangent, but from what I remember, the driving test does not penalise one for stalling the car while doing the e-brake maneuver. But most MT drivers would clutch in even for an unexpectedly hard stop and prevent the car stalling anyway.

• Praise 6

Supercharged

One lane slows down, someone will attempt to switch lane, and it's guaranteed;  signal or not is immaterial.

The lane-splitting motorcyclist speeding up from behind doesn't slow down. He thinks he's entitled to lane split.

horse crap, unless motorcyclist is blind, if signal, they will see and react accordingly.

Turbocharged

Another sleepy driver. Luckily never hit the yellow taxi

https://www.facebook.com/kanny.chan.73/videos/10156097770152892/

I got 1 question about the expressway, why did they add dotted lines on the right side of lane 1?

KNN, what the fark is the Attrage doing?

That's what my initial thought is.. these drivers seems oblivious to everything.. either that or deliberately causing an accident..

Hypersonic
(edited)

I got 1 question about the expressway, why did they add dotted lines on the right side of lane 1?

That's what my initial thought is.. these drivers seems oblivious to everything.. either that or deliberately causing an accident..

Now LTA had widen the lane markings on those sharp bend road on expressway. At the end of video, is a sharp left turn bend. So maybe the dotted Lane markings on right of Lane 1 is to alert driver stay in lane. Edited by Tohto

If it's a black one it's my neighbour. They aren't exactly nice ppl hahaha [;)][laugh][smash] always speed inside my estate, they have idea how dangerous it is to let loose in a Maserati in a confined space

But then again I ain't no saint so who am I to judge right? [laugh][laugh]

OMG!

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

horse crap, unless motorcyclist is blind, if signal, they will see and react accordingly.

With the exception of MY motorbikes, they don't care if you signal, better let them pass before filtering to be on the safe side

• Praise 3

Turbocharged

The extra broad lane markings have been added in a few places... on bends as well as straight roads.

They have tests which shows that drivers subconsciously slow down in stretches of roads with the broader lane markings... drivers feel the road is narrower.

• Praise 4

Hypersonic

Motorcyclist don't slow for anyone. Not even for their own safety.
  • Praise 5

Hypersonic

An accident that happened recently late Apr this year on a rainy day.  

It's a gentle reminder not to drive too fast on rainy days. 

But what would one do if he/she is in such a situation when the tires lose their grip?  Is there any thing a driver can do to bring control back to the car?

https://www.facebook.com/allsgstuff/videos/2431972300276818/

Looks like aquaplaning and then maybe driver applied on the brakes to correct ?

Hypersonic

An accident that happened recently late Apr this year on a rainy day.

It's a gentle reminder not to drive too fast on rainy days.

But what would one do if he/she is in such a situation when the tires lose their grip? Is there any thing a driver can do to bring control back to the car?

He did exactly what he is not suppose to do in this situation....Braking.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5