Fidget Spinners anyone?

Showster

Current craze in school. My son's classmate got one that cost $200+. Really that ex??  Probably good therapy for ADHD sufferers. To me more of a distraction than to prevent people from fidgeting.

elite school student spotted  [laugh]  [laugh]

↡ Advertisement

Saw a kid playing with one on Saturday . . . . . ehh where to get ahh? ToysR'us? 

online has cheaper options. some of the prices in shops can be cut throat.

can also try those cube stores as prices will be more competitive due to competing merchants within the same store.

maybe play these balls better

yah, years ago can also bring them to marble games at the nearby playground. bao-jiak!!

i seriously hope people don't get stereotyped to be suffering ADHD when seen carrying these around

Current craze in school. My son's classmate got one that cost $200+. Really that ex??  Probably good therapy for ADHD sufferers. To me more of a distraction than to prevent people from fidgeting.

my friend DIY made himself, 3d print the shape, ball bearing get from skate shop. 

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
(edited)

It doesn't work for everyone. Especially when it comes to mental/behavioural/psychological problems that this fidget spinner is supposed to relieve, there is no sure thing or one-size-fits-all solution, unlike drugs to target specific illnesses.

I think people who need it for their kids will still try it and see if it works. Whatever works.

These things are not new. Kind of reminds me of the rosary used in religions for meditative or contemplative purpose [laugh]

Edited by Sosaria

6th Gear

my friend DIY made himself, 3d print the shape, ball bearing get from skate shop. 

Reckon it's quite easy to machine if you have access to CNC.

Then pluck in ABEC 11 bearings... But then not free lah !!

My son pr. skool had banned it

Son told me some skoolmates had became salesmen

Collecting orders and sold off with profit $10 each

Apparently most skool kids know this gadget

Not all parents willing to buy for their kids

So this group of kids skip meals buy from their skoolmates

fwah 200 lollars spinner...

I bought from China, Zhuhai for i think..20 rmb... :D

I'd rather keep 100 pcs of 2 lollar note in the pocket to only take them out to count and feel rich whenever I feel stress or poor.

(edited)

Current craze in school. My son's classmate got one that cost $200+. Really that ex?? Probably good therapy for ADHD sufferers. To me more of a distraction than to prevent people from fidgeting.

Kena cut throat

Market selling for few dollars niah....

U check Amazon, qoo10, lazada

This is like what kids used to spin their pens or pencils around the thumb.

So instead of learning how to spin a pen, someone came out with this gadget.

Edited by Jusnel

My son has many (i think 7?) of different shapes and sizes. One of it has lights too. And the bearings are ABEC-9. Last time my Rollerblades only had ABEC-1.

Prices Range from $8 to $20 so I'm not sure if the $200 spinner had gold plated bearings or is designed by Hermes.

In the US, I saw one cart selling the spinners at the premium outlets, at a premium price.

I agree it's just a fad, just like bottle flipping.

Saw a kid playing with one on Saturday . . . . . ehh where to get ahh? ToysR'us? 

Saw a similar type of the spinner at Jurong Point 2, Level 3, nearby NTUC Hypermarket, 1 of the kiosk/stall facing Yue Hua Products. 

Alamak, how is it therapeutic??

I find it darn irritating. But bo pian.... placed an order on Qoo 10 to buy for all of my 3 kids.

Sien 1/2.

Must say this thing is extremely therapeutic to use...

Turbocharged

Seling everywhere and anywhere. NTUC also got sell. Mamah store also got sell. $5 or less can get already. Just a fad, will die out very soon. Just like pokemon go, tamaguchi, tetris, etc.

↡ Advertisement