Gaps visible around headlights

rickbath

Hi All,

I have noticed some gaps around my headlight area and wondering if i should get it fixed or could leave it as it is. 

As i am planning a drive up north this weekend i am wondering if it will make things worse with high speed.

Pictures are: http://imgur.com/a/uCcri

↡ Advertisement

Maybe u can share what are u wondering that could make things worse with high speed?

I'm trying to think of things like bugs, water ingress, but none seems to be a major issue..

Maybe u can share what are u wondering that could make things worse with high speed?

I'm trying to think of things like bugs, water ingress, but none seems to be a major issue..

I thought to have it fixed in case the whole bumped might just come out as i have seen bumper on the road before..lol

Not sure if it is clips which are broken or perhaps something small..which i should not get too worried about.

I thought to have it fixed in case the whole bumped might just come out as i have seen bumper on the road before..lol

Not sure if it is clips which are broken or perhaps something small..which i should not get too worried about.

Haha, if it's going to drop, duct tape also no use. I'm not sure if ur bumper is indeed dropping, u can give it a good tug, if it's still good, i Guess it wouldn't drop so easily.

If u still don't feel safe, can go any car body workshop to get them secure it for u

Supersonic

Bumpers don't just fall off on the road, unless bad accident.

Yours may be missing a couple of screws holding it in place or some plastic holes are broken allowing it to slide off the screws.

Sometimes the bumper is not aligned and fixed back properly after a job is done.

Go to a workshop and get it fixed.

The little extra gap will not affect driving in high speed.

Hypersonic
(edited)

if you got good steady hands and fingers... can just buy silicon or caulk  (black or you can use transparent - but its not super clear transparent more like milky  colour)  and put it over.. the lobangs smoothly .. won't cost you more than $3/- from hardware shop and still have lots left over for other fixes in the house 

but you have to buy the gun which might cost another $4/- (not sure exactly how much it is- just guesstimating)

Edited by BanCoe
  • Praise 1

Thanks all for your assistance :) 

Good to know that it will not just come out unless a bad accident..

The gap will introduce more air resistance and turbulence over the bonnet causing unstable high speed which will lead to skids during cornering.

The air getting into the gap will disrupt the air flow inside the engine bay and cause the radiator to not have optimum air flow through the fin which will eventually lead to overheated engine.

confirmed I'm correct.

[laugh]

Hypersonic

The gap will introduce more air resistance and turbulence over the bonnet causing unstable high speed which will lead to skids during cornering.

The air getting into the gap will disrupt the air flow inside the engine bay and cause the radiator to not have optimum air flow through the fin which will eventually lead to overheated engine.

confirmed I'm correct.

[laugh]

post-157298-0-70684400-1495519093.jpg

post-157298-0-03190600-1495519104.jpg

↡ Advertisement