Government to conduct trial of mobile app for parking charge

zipping

Oh! in that case, may I kindly ask the Moderator to delete this post or to merge it into the previous post, please.

Thank you very much and regret for any inconvenience caused.

@pchou @babyblade

Not a good idea to use the app since it can be used to track your location..

The data collected from your parking location and time can be used in big data analysis. You won't know what they will use the data for.

The data collected from your parking location and time can be used in big data analysis. You won't know what they will use the data for.

Sooner or later.. Remember GPS based ERP in 2022 or something?

if your parking info is just the 0.000000001% of the big data, not significant. But if you use the mobile data on your phone anytime anywhere, they also can collect those info. Edited by Jman888

Twincharged

Have been using this app instead of tearing coupons nowadays. Much more convenient. Only thing is dunno why can't they just let us pay by the minute already since its an app. Still must pay in 30min blocks and get refund if end early.

Have been using this app instead of tearing coupons nowadays. Much more convenient. Only thing is dunno why can't they just let us pay by the minute already since its an app. Still must pay in 30min blocks and get refund if end early.

i think to prevent overcharging if anyone forgets to sign out...

Twincharged

i think to prevent overcharging if anyone forgets to sign out...

What I meant was the app let you set your parking in 30min intervals only. So its either 30min, 1hr, 1.5hr etc. So can't put 5min or 10min when I am just parking for a short while like when I'm picking my children from childcare. Got to put 30min then come back and end parking early and get the refund.

What I meant was the app let you set your parking in 30min intervals only. So its either 30min, 1hr, 1.5hr etc. So can't put 5min or 10min when I am just parking for a short while like when I'm picking my children from childcare. Got to put 30min then come back and end parking early and get the refund.

ah i see... maybe they want to try to stick to the current format as much as possible, i.e. 30mins or 1 hour parking coupon. good thing is that can get refund, but onus is on the driver to end parking early on the app... so for those who forget... garment happy... haha... 

Supercharged

just got charged $1.20 in the middle of the nite when i definitely didn't use the app.

so watch ur cred card charges by Parking.sg

just got charged $1.20 in the middle of the nite when i definitely didn't use the app.

so watch ur cred card charges by Parking.sg

So did they refund you the amount charged? Looks like use parking coupons still safest.

Supercharged

So did they refund you the amount charged? Looks like use parking coupons still safest.

today Sunday, tomorrow Christmas, doubt i can get any answers until Tuesday at the earliest, so no, not refunded yet

Supercharged

i guess is just a misunderstanding:

"We have switched up the way users are charged as of 20 Dec . If you select the parking sessions made after that, you'll see it having a PENDING CHARGE, or a PAID, with the description. We're doing this to batch up multiple parking sessions into single card statements, both to reduce clutter on user's card statements, and to reduce transaction fees.

Those that appeared as PARKING.SG PENDING, will be released automatically. Only those with PARKING.SG BILL _______ will be actually charged."

but means ur cred card statement transactions will not match Parking.sg history, unless check online to see the "pending" entries.

• Praise 1

Since I started using this app last year August, my monthly parking fee is around $45-$50. Increased by 50%.

Usually for coupons, per month less than s$30. Cos always cheat 10-15mins starting time and 5-10 after coupon expire.

↡ Advertisement