Government to conduct trial of mobile app for parking charge

zipping

must allow the notification in your phone, some people dun like apps access to information in their phone.

post-1109-0-68430600-1507355383_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Well, you can sit somewhere near and watch your car.

Don't put parking coupon, don't pay by the app yet.

When you see saman auntie coming, no need to rush to your car to put coupon, just pay by the app then.

Pray the phone won't hang when Fong fie fie come ....

Twincharged

Actually the app quite useful. Last time, warden come, must faster run and put coupon. Now just sit at the table and faster key in details and pay. Warden go off then stop parking again. Lol.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Dont give idea leh, japan carpark $10 or more per hr leh!!

No lar, just want them to have a better system not increase carpark fee... in fact, remove those carpark barrier, btw, the barrier will get damage at my carpark several times a week by big lorry or bus.... will save them cost over a longer period... they already got the tech, just need all the vendors who runs the carpark use the same system...

• Praise 2

Lets say i pay for 1 hour fee via the App. Then i left the Lot on the 30th min mark.

Do i need to click something on the App to get back the "refund" for the remaining 30mins ?

Lets say i pay for 1 hour fee via the App. Then i left the Lot on the 30th min mark.

Do i need to click something on the App to get back the "refund" for the remaining 30mins ?

Yes, there is an clickable option for you to either extend the parking or end early. 

There will be a refund if you ends your parking early. 

I used it once few days ago and ended a 30mins parking early and I was charged 40cents. So there should be a refund on my credit card statement next month. Currently, I'm not exactly sure how this refund going to work. Those who pay via debit cards, refund goes to the account directly? 

Edited by Dreamer_toons

Yes, there is an clickable option for you to either extend the parking or end early.

There will be a refund if you ends your parking early.

I used it once few days ago and ended a 30mins parking early and I was charged 40cents. So there should be a refund on my credit card statement next month. Currently, I'm not exactly sure how this refund going to work. Those who pay via debit cards, refund goes to the account directly?

You are charged the exact time you parked only when the parking is "committed" via a tap on "Extend" or "End Session". There's no upfront deduction and refund like the ezlink system in the bus.

Say you start parking at 8am, and you leave at 8.15am. when you end session, you will get a notice of charges incurred which is 30 cents for eg. This is then charged to ur cc in a single line item. It won't be first debit 60c then credit 30c back to your card.

At 8.30am, if you extend for another 30 mins, but end session at 8.45am, you will see 2 rows in your statement. 1 for 60c (8am to 8.30am) and another for 30c (8.30am to 8.45am)

In short, the actual charge to the cc is made the moment you tap "Extend" or "End Session".

For debit card... U got me stumped. I don't know how it works

Edited by Theoldjaffa
  • Praise 1

You are charged the exact time you parked only when the parking is "committed" via a tap on "Extend" or "End Session". There's no upfront deduction and refund like the ezlink system in the bus.

Say you start parking at 8am, and you leave at 8.15am. when you end session, you will get a notice of charges incurred which is 30 cents for eg. This is then charged to ur cc in a single line item. It won't be first debit 60c then credit 30c back to your card.

At 8.30am, if you extend for another 30 mins, but end session at 8.45am, you will see 2 rows in your statement. 1 for 60c (8am to 8.30am) and another for 30c (8.30am to 8.45am)

In short, the actual charge to the cc is made the moment you tap "Extend" or "End Session".

For debit card... U got me stumped. I don't know how it works

• Praise 1

Twincharged

Too late... app is dying breed. The future should not be apps... too many apps, each for different purposes.... [bigcry]

I hate apps. :yuush:

+1: my assphone is a Windows Phone/Blackberry/Blueberry, no apps available. [laugh]

i hate the fact the the govt DEMANDS that every adult in SG must have a mobile line.

This new app confirmed would not get every car to be stuck in the carpark de, but would get every car to get summon. Lol.

same design concept behind the ERP gantries ?

Not sure if is the barrier or the new  IU cash card reader, I got stuck at the entrance from my season parking on numerous occasion, my previous older IU doesn't have this much problem though.

same car ? changed solar film ?

Twincharged

What about those who still using classic 3G nokia phone? this type of phone cannot downlaod apps one.

Not everyone owns a smartphone.

so simple ... until they stop printing coupons, just stick to couponing !

by the time they take out coupons, you still have a few options again - don't drive, don't park, don't use an old phone or simply migrate.

i hate the fact the the govt DEMANDS that every adult in SG must have a mobile line.

now everyone has a mobile phone many has more than one. Also for driver confirm have one, where got deman? [laugh]

• Praise 1

Twincharged

now everyone has a mobile phone many has more than one. Also for driver confirm have one, where got deman? [laugh]

my father is 77 yrs old and stays at home all day ... why would he need a mobile phone for ?? we have home phone that he does not use also and he's does not communicate with anyone much.

my father is 77 yrs old and stays at home all day ... why would he need a mobile phone for ?? we have home phone that he does not use also and he's does not communicate with anyone much.

To be fair, did gahmen demand that your dad gets a mobile line?

Or demand that every citizen must have one?

Twincharged

To be fair, did gahmen demand that your dad gets a mobile line?

Or demand that every citizen must have one?

else how to access singpass ?

my father has many medical appts and can only access them through the stupid website which requires singpass.

in fact all govt portals requires singpass. other than singpass, its either you ask a sickly old man to queue up at the govt office or pay a monthly subscription for a mobile line which is only used for govt portal access.

lucky thing my son's singpass is linked to mine .... or else might have to get him one line too !

why can't the govt make it easier for the senior citizens .... just sign a form of waiver and let them access their accounts on govt portals without the 2FA lah ...

else how to access singpass ?

my father has many medical appts and can only access them through the stupid website which requires singpass.

in fact all govt portals requires singpass. other than singpass, its either you ask a sickly old man to queue up at the govt office or pay a monthly subscription for a mobile line which is only used for govt portal access.

lucky thing my son's singpass is linked to mine .... or else might have to get him one line too !

why can't the govt make it easier for the senior citizens .... just sign a form of waiver and let them access their accounts on govt portals without the 2FA lah ...

do they use pc to access singpass portal? singpass not necessary have to use 2FA, can use token like those banks. my son and daughter use the token.
↡ Advertisement