Government to conduct trial of mobile app for parking charge

zipping

else how to access singpass ?

my father has many medical appts and can only access them through the stupid website which requires singpass.

in fact all govt portals requires singpass. other than singpass, its either you ask a sickly old man to queue up at the govt office or pay a monthly subscription for a mobile line which is only used for govt portal access.

lucky thing my son's singpass is linked to mine .... or else might have to get him one line too !

why can't the govt make it easier for the senior citizens .... just sign a form of waiver and let them access their accounts on govt portals without the 2FA lah ...

Erm I'm referring to mobile line, not internet leh.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Twincharged

do they use pc to access singpass portal? singpass not necessary have to use 2FA, can use token like those banks. my son and daughter use the token.

did not know about the tokens .... but as me and my sis are working, its not really that convenient to cart around their tokens as we are not accessing their account on a daily basis. occasionally we need to check or make medical appt changes, then need the 2FA.

i am happy for you or anyone who is happy at this arrangement for the 2FA ... but as the odd one out, i still prefer it if there is an opt out option for the older generations. 

anyway, what serious data if the senior citizens can be compromised on the govt portals ?

if those senior rich business owners want to keep their 2FAs, by all means. But i am guessing more than 90% of the regular seniors above 70 will not bother with the 2FA.

Actually, i could not care less about the 2FA myself ... i am more worried about the joker(s) trying to hack my Wechat account now.

Erm I'm referring to mobile line, not internet leh.

2FA ...

Edited by Ysc3

did not know about the tokens .... but as me and my sis are working, its not really that convenient to cart around their tokens as we are not accessing their account on a daily basis. occasionally we need to check or make medical appt changes, then need the 2FA.

i am happy for you or anyone who is happy at this arrangement for the 2FA ... but as the odd one out, i still prefer it if there is an opt out option for the older generations.

anyway, what serious data if the senior citizens can be compromised on the govt portals ?

if those senior rich business owners want to keep their 2FAs, by all means. But i am guessing more than 90% of the regular seniors above 70 will not bother with the 2FA. Actually, i could not care less about the 2FA myself.

2FA ...

singpass can do a lot of things now, can access to company sensitive info via Corp pass.

Twincharged

singpass can do a lot of things now, can access to company sensitive info via Corp pass.

like i said, if got option to opt out would be good for peasants like me and my family ... nothing to lose.

just maybe someone might hack my family's medical appts only ... but then again, sometimes we don't have to q. hehehehe...

must allow the notification in your phone, some people dun like apps access to information in their phone.

rps20171007_134930.jpg

Access to push notifications is okay. But if the app asks for access to sms and contact list then something is very wrong.

my father is 77 yrs old and stays at home all day ... why would he need a mobile phone for ?? we have home phone that he does not use also and he's does not communicate with anyone much.

To be frank, you are just trying to find fault with the govt in this case.

Just apply for the token for your dad, what's the difficulty? It's just whether you want or not. If one don't want, of course one will find all sort of excuse and to blame someone. 

I have tokens for my parents, who are 80 years old. Can access their singpass, no issue. They doesn't even have to know.

post-1829-0-62328400-1507440671_thumb.jpg

Edited by Fcw75
  • Praise 7

I still prefer coupons cos got grace period can tao jiak. Hehehe...  [lipsrsealed]

You can also tao jiak via the app mah. It's tied to when you declare you've parked anyway. Just pray and hope that you haven't gotten a summon in that 10-15 minutes.

• Praise 1

Twincharged

To be frank, you are just trying to find fault with the govt in this case.

Just apply for the token for your dad, what's the difficulty? It's just whether you want or not. If one don't want, of course one will find all sort of excuse and to blame someone. 

I have tokens for my parents, who are 80 years old. Can access their singpass, no issue. They doesn't even have to know.

attachicon.gifIMG_8411.JPG

ah ... nevermind ... to each his own. ... you can also even blame me if you want ...

i just plain don't like the idea. 

• Praise 1

if you don't put coupon, they fined you 10x.

if they book you when you have paid with the app, it's only fair, they should refund you 10x also.

I am guessing not all the parking enforcement officers are informed about the app or how the app works.

22282099_1483671831668599_92121204118412

I was summoned before about 3weeks ago during the trial period, same issue. Wrote in and they replied asking me to put coupon when im using the app. I shoot back again. Their staff might not be even aware of this. My summon was waived though. Sticking to tradional coupon till they settle all this initial issues.

Edited by Dafansu
  • Praise 3

I was summoned before about 3weeks ago during the trial period, same issue. Wrote in and they replied asking me to put coupon when im using the app. I shoot back again. Their staff might not be even aware of this. My summon was waived though. Sticking to tradional coupon till they settle all this initial issues.

Put coupon while using the app? 

Mean pay double the rate ?

They siao ah ? 

• Praise 3

They siao ah ? 

You helping involved with their trial mah.

Need to pay for the privilege leh. You thought there are FOC things in Singapore?

• Praise 1

They siao ah ?

think their standard template reply. just shoot blindly.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1