Government to conduct trial of mobile app for parking charge

zipping

I parked at a lot today at 7.30am and the parking only start at 8.30am, I can't pre-activate the parking at 8.30am, so put my coupon instead in case forgotten about it. Got good got bad.

This feature to "start" the parking at a later time wasn't thought of, probably FREE parking will be a thing of the past soon.

Parking at Botanical Gardens, East Coast Park, Changi Beach used to be free, but are now all chargable!!!

This feature to "start" the parking at a later time wasn't thought of, probably FREE parking will be a thing of the past soon.

Parking at Botanical Gardens, East Coast Park, Changi Beach used to be free, but are now all chargable!!!

if include that feature mean open for people for cheat   [laugh]

• Praise 1

I for one support charging for parking within those popular parks.

When it is free, almost impossible to find any parking during peak period and people will park there as long as the whole day.

Some of these free parking has been notoriously abused by residents of the nearest housing estate.

• Praise 1

you mean you are still using the coupon or......  :a-noway:

[laugh]

ahahhaa i still have some coupons left over ma... no use white no use. of course will keep some as spare just in case. 

the app is seriously very useful. a step in the right direction. 

U can proceed to start park before 830am.. I did that at 815am.. they charge me $0.30 for the half hour to 845am.. then I finished at 840am .. they gave me refund for the 5 mins.. damn Long toilet break..

So maybe why no need “start park later” feature..

Edited by BenTong
  • Praise 1

still have Dempsey, some parts of Changi beach still free... 

Twincharged

I for one support charging for parking within those popular parks.

When it is free, almost impossible to find any parking during peak period and people will park there as long as the whole day.

Some of these free parking has been notoriously abused by residents of the nearest housing estate.

last time park along the beach car parks when it was free .... then moved to the changi ferry terminal as it was the last free parking ... then finally when no more free, moved back into the ALPS and company paid half ... but last year company absorbed full.

but best part is even if want to buy season also hard to get.

So the pang sai session cost you $0.25? :D

U can proceed to start park before 830am.. I did that at 815am.. they charge me $0.30 for the half hour to 845am.. then I finished at 840am .. they gave me refund for the 5 mins.. damn Long toilet break..

So maybe why no need “start park later” feature..

heh heh .. don't hantam so fast la.. the app has a database ..which car park when start when end feature build in. say if start at 830am.. and if you park at 7am.. and if you want to park till 9am.. the app will only charge you 60 cents - 830am-9am. and if you leave early they refund..works also for foreign registered cars. pay by credit card. you can even pay for the foreign registered car parking via the app in your phone

Twincharged

I think they thought of it, that is why it isn't there. To prevent people from putting a later start time. So cannot cheat like those using coupon. 

I think they thought of it, that is why it isn't there. To prevent people from putting a later start time. So cannot cheat like those using coupon. 

can lah. Just start later lor, same same  [laugh]

yalor ... if one want to cheat 15 mins

can always park the car, walk away, 15mins later then activate the app

the only thing cannot do is to "ke ke" peel the date/time by folding it and then reuse the coupon for other date ... LOL

can lah. Just start later lor, same same  [laugh]

Edited by Wt_know

alor ... if one want to cheyat 15 mins

canays park the alw car, walk away, 15mins later then activate the app

the only thing cannot do is to "ke ke" peel the date/time by folding it and then reuse the coupon for other date ... LOL

when I got my license, I really didn't know cannot fold. I got a parking ticket despite having valid coupon. So I called up then they told me folding is deemed as cheating (intention to). Agreed to waive off and reminded me to tear off the tabs in future, that I gladly listened !!  [:)]

Hi Guys, I am not sure whether this had already posted by other members.  I've tried this App yesterday and I find it is good and very convenient and would like to share it here.

PARK CONVENIENTLY

Go to this web link .... https://www.parking.sg/ to download the App and to read all the details, please.

https://youtu.be/W1bxtVwuZr0

Edited by AltisOwner

Posted before IINW

Oh! in that case, may I kindly ask the Moderator to delete this post or to merge it into the previous post, please.

Thank you very much and regret for any inconvenience caused.

↡ Advertisement