C-HR or 116d?

Soya

funky design not all can take it. i find it nice but the wife say that the back looks out of place. now alot on the road sia. almost see a few everyday.

Like a diamond..diff angles, diff looks..praise please please..

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

The C-HR and new Prius strikes me as Toyota trying too hard to be unique to the point where it becomes just trying to be different for the sake of being different.

• Praise 2

The C-HR and new Prius strikes me as Toyota trying too hard to be unique to the point where it becomes just trying to be different for the sake of being different.

Toyota having a mid life crisis
  • Praise 1

C-HR is meant to be different. It was originally Toyota Concept car after all. The interior is very up to date, very Un-Toyota as compared to previous model from the Japan car maker.

post-116534-0-10276700-1504605006.jpg

post-116534-0-12356500-1504605014_thumb.jpg

post-116534-0-59409800-1504605022_thumb.jpg

• Praise 3

C-HR is meant to be different. It was originally Toyota Concept car after all. The interior is very up to date, very Un-Toyota as compared to previous model from the Japan car maker.

Actually the concept design looks good. The eventual production design is, hmmm... not much to the concept. The nice cuts from head to toes were altered. Same fate for practicality.
  • Praise 1

Isn't all brand new cars shiny?

Or is this an ad in disguise?

Edited by Soya

Any car inside the detailer's shop looks shiny because of the fluorescent lighting. Same goes for jewellery shops, all the diamonds look shiny because of the strong LED lights.

• Praise 1

Yes!!!!!!! That is the stupidest and most idiotic thing I always keep seeing used as ads for detailing shops !!!! A brand new car, or some brand new lambo... Like srsly, a new lambo no need detailing already shiny. Want to show how good you are? Go pull a car from scrapyard and bring the paint back to life. THAT will be worth showing off.
  • Praise 2

Free advertisers (read: cheapskates) are getting more sophisticated in their modus operandi..... 

Yes, definitely more low end than a 316i.....

Yes, I agree. :D

Low end of M140i definitely more than 316i.

Mid end, high end also 316i cannot smell 1 series' smoke [laugh].

Anyway, I'm driving an even more humble old Alfa hatch as my daily now. Everyone bullies me...

...till I downshift and bully them worse. [laugh]

Edited by Turboflat4

Yes!!!!!!! That is the stupidest and most idiotic thing I always keep seeing used as ads for detailing shops !!!! A brand new car, or some brand new lambo... Like srsly, a new lambo no need detailing already shiny. Want to show how good you are? Go pull a car from scrapyard and bring the paint back to life. THAT will be worth showing off.

Juz like how some slimming companies use (already) thin celebrities to endorse their products. Duh.....

Any car inside the detailer's shop looks shiny because of the fluorescent lighting. Same goes for jewellery shops, all the diamonds look shiny because of the strong LED lights.

I use Hi-Glaze 88 on a 3yr old car that hasn't been polished n park under fluorescent light oso can get the same shiny result.

I'm not a detailing shop, just a customer.

Yes, all new cars looks shiny, for a short while, until you go car wash. You will see many tiny scratches under these lightings. As time goes by, the scratches accumulates. The glow will fade eventually.

But, the purpose of coating is perpetually protecting your car paintwork, for mine, is 5 year warranty, because Kubebond is branded chemical, detailer will re polish, without fine scratches, apply coating. Kubebond dries immediately so no need to heat..but 48 hours no rain. Thereafter water and or baby shampoo will do. Minimal effort for a good shine. To get a good shine,

the integrity of workmanship is more important than the chemical. Because like the first time I did coating by other shop is cheap $488..under their light you can see uneven flow and fine scratches, so I decided to redo. The first time wasn't well done at all. After researching, I decided the best or nothing. You can see more pics in, www.ceramicworks.com. No, I'm not paid to do this, nor do I have any to gain.

just sharing, a good review means a good job. I appreciate their artistry...it's a different level.

I'm not a detailing shop, just a customer.

Yes, all new cars looks shiny, for a short while, until you go car wash. You will see many tiny scratches under these lightings. As time goes by, the scratches accumulates. The glow will fade eventually.

But, the purpose of coating is perpetually protecting your car paintwork, for mine, is 5 year warranty, because Kubebond is branded chemical, detailer will re polish, without fine scratches, apply coating. Kubebond dries immediately so no need to heat..but 48 hours no rain. Thereafter water and or baby shampoo will do. Minimal effort for a good shine. To get a good shine,

the integrity of workmanship is more important than the chemical. Because like the first time I did coating by other shop is cheap $488..under their light you can see uneven flow and fine scratches, so I decided to redo. The first time wasn't well done at all. After researching, I decided the best or nothing. You can see more pics in, www.ceramicworks.com. No, I'm not paid to do this, nor do I have any to gain.

just sharing, a good review means a good job. I appreciate their artistry...it's a different level.

its polishing a car for goodness sake. its more shine or less shine. what artistry?

• Praise 2

My old car, I will need to wax it in JB to get this look, now no need, just water, wipe, and back to its original polish and shine. In theory, I paid for 6- 8 waxing in advance, but will now be wax free for the next 5 years. I'm not interested to show others how good I am..but if we did spent 120k - 200k on a new car, you will want the max of of your car, including shine. Agree?

post-193462-0-03168800-1504748819_thumb.jpeg

Edited by kristenchoo

its polishing a car for goodness sake. its more shine or less shine. what artistry?

Try JB car wash waxing, then go to their shop. Watch both in action for goodness sake, then we talk.

There used to be a group of MCFers who used to meet up regularly to DIY polish. The shine on their cars was tops. Probably better than what one gets by doing it on JB or some simi 'artistic' polishing shop...
↡ Advertisement