Summer transfer window 2017 - let's start the money rolling

Osprey23

Haha Bale at least 90mil for sure if not more esp when sell to EPL clubs so u wait Long Long lol

Lemar is a strange one cos i think he's a winger and so if he plays then Salah might not and there is still Lallana so personally I feel not necessary to buy him but then again Klopp may have other plans.

Ha ha... hoping to land some clearance/warehouse sale mah...

Lemar. Lallana is also quite injury-prone so might need to stock up a bit - esp if Coutinho is bent on leaving. 

From a hardly-known (better dun say unknown) to 60mil price tag...

This market is scary. If every half decent player costs this much, I think the Mio TV price is going to hit $100 soon  [sweatdrop]

↡ Advertisement

No worry about VVD. Today is the day.

Keita is wanted by Klopp all the way. He has nothing to do with Coutinho. Lemar I feel, might have.

Ox from what I know, already agreed with player and he really wants to join. Issue might be due to the asking price of Arsenal. If really is £35m as reported agreed with Chelsea, probably that's why. We only want to pay £25m for him.

As for Lemar, we received encouragement from them during the discussion for Origi. The fee for him is definitely going to be high and since he isn't budgeted for in the first place, the only way we can fund this, is from Coutinho sale.

If yesterday is mad, strap up. Today will get worse :D

Btw, Coutinho assessed fit to play by Brazilian NT doctor. if selling him to fund Lemar, I am now all for it

ok great. VVD will be critical to Pool and hopefully, with a commanding aerial presence and ability to organise the backline, Pool will finally find the major missing piece to launch a sustained title challenge. 

Ox - always a good to have player. This is given his versatility as a winger, wingback or the central midfield position he would like to play at Pool. Doubt Chelsea will deploy him as centrally if he ends up there as widely reported.

Lemar - think maybe a like for like replacement for Phil.  Will FSG eat their words and keep Phil if they really lands Lemar?  thnk 50-50 chances at this stage.  

Interestingly, the Brazilian doctor said the back problem for Phil is caused by the stress of the transfer saga, wat a way to put it :) 

My greatest concern is the defence and it is imperative we nail VVD, compared to most other deals for Keita, Lemar or Ox

The pursuits of Keita and Lemar may be somewhat linked to Coutinho. Even if Klopp is "forced" by FSG to keep Coutinho at the end of this window, the bridge is already half-burnt.  Will Klopp truly trust this player as much as before to the extent of building the team around him? Most definitely not.  

Hence, with Keita in the bag, Pool's situation with Coutinho is hedged and deferred to next summer. If Lemar comes, then the risk situation improves even further as Coutinho position is either left winger or attacking midfielder. 

either way if coutinho stays,  you would think coutinho will begin to regret his decision to stage such a uncalled position to seek a transfer request. maybe that's how Klopp wants to manage the situation and sending a strong message to Phil and the rest of the squad. 

You're right about the defence. We do need an upgrade - badly. Especially since Matip and Lovren had also been injured at different times last season. With heavier workload, this might get worse. Getting another good central defender is important. Getting VVD is a big bonus as he suits Klopp's style well, and is very reliable.

Didn't imagine Coutinho with the good-boy image will pull such stunt. Disappointed...

Come to think of it, Lemar if can get, might be good too. When Afcon comes along, Mane, Salah, Keita all will go off... surely mati come that time. Must ensure got enough good players to fill in at that time...

ok great. VVD will be critical to Pool and hopefully, with a commanding aerial presence and ability to organise the backline, Pool will finally find the major missing piece to launch a sustained title challenge. 

Ox - always a good to have player. This is given his versatility as a winger, wingback or the central midfield position he would like to play at Pool. Doubt Chelsea will deploy him as centrally if he ends up there as widely reported.

Lemar - think maybe a like for like replacement for Phil.  Will FSG eat their words and keep Phil if they really lands Lemar?  thnk 50-50 chances at this stage.  

Interestingly, the Brazilian doctor said the back problem for Phil is caused by the stress of the transfer saga, wat a way to put it :) 

Suddenly think it would be good to have Ox and Lemar, to prepare for next time Afcon when all the Africans will have to go away... Have to hedge these...

See if he'll make it happen.

The way Coutinho forced the issue, of course pain lah. If never say pain, and he is standing alongside the team when game start, it will cause distrust and can easily turns catastrophic... 

Suddenly think it would be good to have Ox and Lemar, to prepare for next time Afcon when all the Africans will have to go away... Have to hedge these...

See if he'll make it happen.

The way Coutinho forced the issue, of course pain lah. If never say pain, and he is standing alongside the team when game start, it will cause distrust and can easily turns catastrophic... 

bro, the African cup will be of a lesser issue going forward as it has been confirmed moved to June i.e no longer around Jan-Feb period. 

we will probably worry more of terrorism in jun timeframe in africa rather then missing these players in Jan and fearing that they will return injured.. 

• Praise 1

(edited)

According to L’Equipe who broke the news on Pool's bid for Lemar, is now reporting that Tottenham Hotspur have joined in the last minutes chase for the player.

Sakho's nightmare at Anfield is coming to an end

Edited by Osprey23

£51m for a midfielder

£75m record fee for a defender.

Never in my wildest dream would I believe FSG will spend this way. Klopp has made them believers too.

£51m for a midfielder

Never in my wildest dream would I believe FSG will spend this way. Klopp has made them believers too.

Keita and VVD?

My greatest concern is the defence and it is imperative we nail VVD, compared to most other deals for Keita, Lemar or Ox

The pursuits of Keita and Lemar may be somewhat linked to Coutinho. Even if Klopp is "forced" by FSG to keep Coutinho at the end of this window, the bridge is already half-burnt.  Will Klopp truly trust this player as much as before to the extent of building the team around him? Most definitely not.  

Hence, with Keita in the bag, Pool's situation with Coutinho is hedged and deferred to next summer. If Lemar comes, then the risk situation improves even further as Coutinho position is either left winger or attacking midfielder. 

either way if coutinho stays,  you would think coutinho will begin to regret his decision to stage such a uncalled position to seek a transfer request. maybe that's how Klopp wants to manage the situation and sending a strong message to Phil and the rest of the squad. 

hummel cud be coming...no?

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

£51m for a midfielder

chop carrot head for the defender.

• Praise 1

(edited)

Liverpool FC have officially announced Keita.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/amp/news/first-team/273590-liverpool-agree-deal-to-sign-naby-keita

chop carrot head for the defender.

He is worth it.

The fact that Lovren will be 3rd choice at best is worth the premium paid

Keita and VVD?

Yes bro Edited by Osprey23

(edited)

not comfortable with the 1 year later deal actually...

Klopp wants him bad. Next season his release clause kicks in, will have more suitors eyeing his signature.

This season RPL not willing to sell him.

So I guess the middle ground for all in this arrangement.

Edited by Osprey23

bro, the African cup will be of a lesser issue going forward as it has been confirmed moved to June i.e no longer around Jan-Feb period. 

we will probably worry more of terrorism in jun timeframe in africa rather then missing these players in Jan and fearing that they will return injured.. 

OK, if no need worry about Afcon, then even better. Buy more Africans - if they are cheap... 

Unfortunately now they don't look cheap leh...

£51m for a midfielder

wow, so it backfired so badly till now it's 75m?

sigh... Hyppia was only something like 4.5m, if i remember correctly... And Carra was FOC... This market really cut-throat.

better repay the club by winning something this year. Hopefully it's the league...

BREAKING: Man City have made a player-plus-cash offer for Alexis Sanchez involving Raheem Sterling.

[John Cross, Mirror]

OK, if no need worry about Afcon, then even better. Buy more Africans - if they are cheap...

Unfortunately now they don't look cheap leh...

wow, so it backfired so badly till now it's 75m?

sigh... Hyppia was only something like 4.5m, if i remember correctly... And Carra was FOC... This market really cut-throat.

better repay the club by winning something this year. Hopefully it's the league...

Hyppia, £2.6m I think. In today's market, cannot find such lobang liao.