Summer transfer window 2017 - let's start the money rolling

Osprey23

During the tail end of last season... was very difficult getting a decent internet stream to watch football.

I cut cable 3 years ago... but with how patchy internet streaming was... I might consider paying ST money for football

↡ Advertisement

Supercharged

Yah, i know what you mean. But ok lah, i think over the whole season, there were about 5-6 weekends that I couldn't catch the match i wanted. Rest of the time, got to watch, but often bit laggy, and delayed by up to 5 min... 

I learn to live with it. Then at the end of the year, think of the ~$700 i saved  [laugh]

i also cut my cable last year. learnt to survive on other sources.  there are some paid iptv which are not perfect but generally reliable.

the real issue is that the cable subscriptions for EPL is really too expensive. at this rate, the Singtel and Starhub providers will be losing subscribers big time.  

• Praise 1

Its a matter of principle. To pay would indicate we support their stupidity in screwing fellow citizens. hundreds of millions paid out to a foreign entity, just so they can resell it to us, and make a (relateively) small profit. I think they announced 400m in 2010 for a 3 year deal. Subsequently didnt dare to release figures, but you can only assume it went up. 

Frankly, I'd happily pay a foreign streamer the same amount, than to allow these jokers and their ilk run their virtual monopoly. 

If only we never pulled out of the M-Cup. 

if i am not wrong, we were forced to pull out of M League initially due to many restrictions.

Then for Lions Xii, the contract was not renewed after the 4 years is up

Supercharged

if i am not wrong, we were forced to pull out of M League initially due to many restrictions.

Then for Lions Xii, the contract was not renewed after the 4 years is up

not sure why M-cup is being discussed haha. even if we are still in it today, many of us will rather watch EPL any given time compared to the muddy kampung football of M-cup lol.  

not sure why M-cup is being discussed haha. even if we are still in it today, many of us will rather watch EPL any given time compared to the muddy kampung football of M-cup lol.  

but honestly, the M cup really ignite the passion.... something EPL can't give unless we go there and watch

i remember 60,000 pairs of feet stomping in the National Stadium vs Selangor..... unbeatable feeling

Not sure if we had all along stayed in M League, would really more people watch EPL than M League... i think there will be a balance

Sorry to go OT, lets get back on track. 

vote with your money. the amounts that are being passed on to consumers, for a foreign entities' benefit, is completely ridiculous. 

Newcastle United, back in the big time next season and with Rafa at the helm and Ashley possibly willing to sell out is a sleeping giant prime for a takeover which could see them challenge the big 6 if a correct owner is found. Toon Army deserves a break for sure but it could also backfire if the wrong owners are appointed but those loyal fans with a rich history and big stadium n the only EPL team in the North East is a receipe for success surely?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/06/21/newcastle-cusp-something-big-premier-league-team-worth-buying/

• Praise 4

Supercharged

Newcastle United, back in the big time next season and with Rafa at the helm and Ashley possibly willing to sell out is a sleeping giant prime for a takeover which could see them challenge the big 6 if a correct owner is found. Toon Army deserves a break for sure but it could also backfire if the wrong owners are appointed but those loyal fans with a rich history and big stadium n the only EPL team in the North East is a receipe for success surely?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/06/21/newcastle-cusp-something-big-premier-league-team-worth-buying/

they have a very good manager too. 

• Praise 1

they have a very good manager too. 

Back room staff also important... don't know how this news affects them.

Newcastle chief scout Graham Carr has left the club by mutual consent with three years remaining on his long-term contract.

Carr, the man credited with finding the likes of Cheick Tiote, Yohan Cabaye and Moussa Sissoko, heads out of St James' Park with the club yet to make their first signing since securing a return to the Premier League at the end of last season.

His departure was announced in a statement which read: "Newcastle United's chief scout Graham Carr has today parted company with the club by mutual consent.

"Graham has been United's chief scout for seven years, taking up the position towards the end of the 2009/10 season which saw the club gain promotion back to the Premier League under former manager Chris Hughton.

"Graham was instrumental in identifying players from across the UK and Europe, including signings Yohan Cabaye, Mathieu Debuchy, Vurnon Anita, Moussa Sissoko, Papiss Cisse and Cheick Tiote."

Carr, whose knowledge of the European market - particularly France - was heavily exploited by the Magpies, was handed an eight-year contract in June 2012.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
(edited)

Two more transfers happening soon

Dani Alves to City, Tiemoue Bakayoko to Chelsea

Edited by Osprey23
  • Praise 1

Supercharged

Announcement of Salah expected later today

let's hope it is a start to more good news ahead of the summer window.  

• Praise 1

Actually the transfer window is a little dumb. Only opens on July 1st, and most teams get back together on/from July 8th for preseason. That "half sky hanging" feeling is quite shit sia..

Turbocharged

Actually the transfer window is a little dumb. Only opens on July 1st, and most teams get back together on/from July 8th for preseason. That "half sky hanging" feeling is quite shit sia..

They should jus start the window in june, since all leagues r finished. N buying n selling of players hv already been agreed b4 the window opens.

Turbocharged

Manchester United have agreed a £9.7m deal to sell winger Adnan Januzaj to Real Sociedad. (Source: France Football)

Adnan clearly is paying tribute to The Chosen One

• Praise 1

Manchester United have agreed a £9.7m deal to sell winger Adnan Januzaj to Real Sociedad. (Source: France Football)

Adnan clearly is paying tribute to The Chosen One

Real Sociedad had a very great manager. John Toshack. 

He managed them 3 times and Real Madrid twice.

Used to be part of a double act called Tosh and Keegan.

I was too young to see them play. Heard they were very good.  [thumbsup]

:D

Back room staff also important... don't know how this news affects them.

Graham Carr is a genius.

He has a famous son too.

A gay comedian.

:D

↡ Advertisement