Am i thinking straight to change rim but keep tyre?

Stone-Cold

I don't like the stock rim, but don't mind keeping the size for FC/comfort... Should I consider change rim but keep the size and use back tyre?

Anyone done such move before?

↡ Advertisement

it really depends on the size of the rims u r getting...u might think that the size old rims r the same as your new rims like 17", 18' n etc but one has the consider the width of the rims as well which goes like 7JJ, 8JJ n etc unless u dun mind the looks of an overstretch tires which also constitutes a safety concern...further there r offset of the rims that u need to consider otherwise u might b getting rims that rub on your fenders...better to seek expert advice or do some research first...2 cents

it really depends on the size of the rims u r getting...u might think that the size old rims r the same as your new rims like 17", 18' n etc but one has the consider the width of the rims as well which goes like 7JJ, 8JJ n etc unless u dun mind the looks of an overstretch tires which also constitutes a safety concern...further there r offset of the rims that u need to consider otherwise u might b getting rims that rub on your fenders...better to seek expert advice or do some research first...2 cents

What you mean is must make sure the tyre match the new rim right?

Google search found the tyre and rim come together: 225/65r17, 7jx17 et39 or 6.5jx17 et39

Just did some search, really difficult to find the rim with this dimension

7jx17 et39 or 6.5jx17 et39

Especially the et39. All many inset 45... is et39=inset 39? (Sorry for noob question)

Any website link can compare rim?

Many discussed on compare tyre on rim, but not the other way round.

Thank you for looking at all these noob question.

Turbocharged

Especially the et39. All many inset 45... is et39=inset 39? (Sorry for noob question)

Yes it is.

If you can't find the exact one, might be possible to find one similar. Slight differences might still be able to fit, depending on your car.

Twincharged

What car? Better to get 17x7.5. 225/45r17 fits well and plenty of such a size in the market. Please don't choose odd rims sizes which restrict your tire choice.

I don't like the stock rim, but don't mind keeping the size for FC/comfort... Should I consider change rim but keep the size and use back tyre?

Anyone done such move before?

Yes. Me. [:p]

OK, thank you all! Input appreciated.

Now is the time to look for the rim to replace.

One last question, would workshop/PI use this change of wheel to void warranty?

I dont think so if you stick to manufacturer's recommended rims and tyres specifications which are indicated in the manual or at door frame.

(edited)

I dont think so if you stick to manufacturer's recommended rims and tyres specifications which are indicated in the manual or at door frame.

Correct me if I'm wrong. Nowadays manufacturer only specify one tyre size unlike in the past where they provide a few sizes at the door frame. So where do we get the correct specification which will not void the warranty? Edited by Cypher

Correct me if I'm wrong. Nowadays manufacturer only specify one tyre size unlike in the past where they provide a few sizes. So where do we get the correct specification which will not void the warranty?

From my current car's manual :

post-2654-0-38799300-1480580686_thumb.jpg

From my current car's door frame :

post-2654-0-68326500-1480580702_thumb.jpg

standard warranty T & C

anything other than Original specification or Parts , they can void your Warranty.

So long you follow the Original specification like tire size (some car make does provide Optional tire size) refer to Owners handbook or Tire pressure label. 

frankly speaker not all Parts like wheels came with your new car are Factory fitted (not Original) , But approved but your Car Seller.

should you want to upsize your wheels or tires ,I will go for better Quality / Premium brand so they have no reason to void.

Just MHO .  

(edited)

@Adrianli

Thanks for the info.

At the end of the day we really are at the ADs mercy aren't we.. when it comes to warranty..

Edited by Cypher

Why not respray the rim for <$150 since rims are for aesthetic pleasure at the end of the day.

Can get 2nd hand ones from workshops at around <$300 too.

I changed due to brake dust. Multi spokes, very difficult to clean. Five spokes only, very easy to clean. :XD:

Multi spokes

post-2654-0-61537500-1472689651_thumb.jpg

Five spokes

post-2654-0-32500700-1495697976_thumb.jpg

• Praise 1

I changed due to brake dust. Multi spokes, very difficult to clean. Five spokes only, very easy to clean. :XD:

Multi spokes

Five spokes

attachicon.gifMy A6 Avant 009.jpg

Haha, looks like its true.  The more sui the rim, the more difficult to clean.  Your previous multi spoke very sui!  Fits your car to the T.  [thumbsup]  :wub:

↡ Advertisement