How would you invest with SGD 1 million

[bigcry] ... that's why i cant be jobless and gotta work pass 65 at Mcdonald ... [bigcry]

should i start to invest in rolexes now to sell in 20 years time for passive income ... lol [laugh]

yes, i truly understand that property aint the only investment vehicle but is the most loaded vehicle be in spore, hk, taipei, beijing, entire asia. why asia is sibei crazy on property investment.

Ignorance is bliss.

↡ Advertisement

Twincharged

I just know sooner or later we gonna talk about property.

1 thread not enough?

Generally speaking, if most of us do not even have a few hundred thousand sitting by, then property won't get heated so fast this time round.

Slow slow simmering fire. We are blessed.

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

Lol HSBC again, meanwhile their bankers were helping retirees manage with their retirement thru Swiber.

All these so called Premium banking, Wealth Banking, Treasures etc is just another way to section out larger carrots to chop lol, first they pamper the clients at the back they sharpen the knives.

hqdefault.jpg

HSBC clearly thinks Singapore Millennials are blissfully unaware of the changing retirement landscape — even its press release announcing the findings was aptly titled “Singapore Millennials – Waking Up to Retirement Reality”.

Mr Anurag Mathur, head of retail banking and wealth management at HSBC Singapore, is also concerned that Millennials are failing to fully understand the complex issue at hand:

Living in a concrete jungle is already stressful enough — realising that you’re now going to be even further pressed for money definitely doesn’t help with morale.

While Singapore millennials are broadly aware of the economic and demographic challenges they face, they do not appear to have grasped its full implications on their retirement.

With low interest rates, rising healthcare costs and potentially declining social provisions for retirees in the future, it has never been more important to save for a comfortable retirement. Starting to save early – and saving enough – can reduce the need to continue working in later life.

If you’re worried about your future, it’s in your best interest to do up a retirement plan as soon as possible. Live within your means, invest widely and wisely, set aside some money for contingency purposes and use tools like retirement calculators and eBooks to help you on your journey.

Unless you’re planning to migrate to alleviate your financial stress — it’s worth noting that the gloomy outlook for Millennials applies to other countries as well — securing your freedom during your golden years in advance is perhaps the best thing you could do in this bad, bad situation.

• Praise 2

Lol HSBC again, meanwhile their bankers were helping retirees manage with their retirement thru Swiber.

All these so called Premium banking, Wealth Banking, Treasures etc is just another way to section out larger carrots to chop lol, first they pamper the clients at the back they sharpen the knives.

hqdefault.jpg

100% agree.

Wahahaha.

Some of them call themselves, BANKERS leh

Be careful....

Hypersonic

i can't even earn 10k per month with a regular full time job

how to get 10k per month passive income upon retirement

siao liao

siao liao

From what i read, it's more likely that average equity yields are dropping. I think a more realistic conservative yield rate will be 3-4% in the longer term, equities with some bonds.

Does mean the current working class generation actually have to save more and for longer periods than their predecessors to have a fully funded retirement.

Yes if you assume interest rate will stay low forever. If Fed rates goes back to 2-3%, equities have to return higher, I presume.... meaning a stock market meltdown? hahaha....

Actually, 5% yield is possible, I have quite a few holdings yielding more than 5%p.a. (not mark to market basis). A friend is still holding on to most of his REIT and shares bought during Lehman time, most are yielding 10-20%. Trick is to invest early and to show hand at the right time. Lol...

Having said that, inflation worldwide has been very low in most developed countries in recent 10 years (just not in SG). High inflation is good for certain business, just need to adjust portfolio accordingly.

• Praise 1

Yes if you assume interest rate will stay low forever. If Fed rates goes back to 2-3%, equities have to return higher, I presume.... meaning a stock market meltdown? hahaha....

Actually, 5% yield is possible, I have quite a few holdings yielding more than 5%p.a. (not mark to market basis). A friend is still holding on to most of his REIT and shares bought during Lehman time, most are yielding 10-20%. Trick is to invest early and to show hand at the right time. Lol...

Having said that, inflation worldwide has been very low in most developed countries in recent 10 years (just not in SG). High inflation is good for certain business, just need to adjust portfolio accordingly.

My elders always tell me to buy property and keep cos Singapore so small it can only go up over long term. Proven over the last 4 decades. Market may dip but it will always come back and create the next high.

So far so good but OBOR disturbs me.

Property yield is so low in Asia many international investors prefer to put their money elsewhere, in Europe and USA where yield can at least beat inflation. Taipei net yield is just 1% and SG might just be heading there. Asian penchant for property is driving yield lower and lower, I am not sure if it is sustainable.

I however know that I will not tolerate a 1% return (slightly higher with leverage) when I am in retirement mode. Whereas property valuation is at their peak in many cities across Asia, London and Australia, stock market valuation are still reasonable, why?

I am not a savvy investor, so I have more questions than answers.

Property yield is so low in Asia many international investors prefer to put their money elsewhere, in Europe and USA where yield can at least beat inflation. Taipei net yield is just 1% and SG might just be heading there. Asian penchant for property is driving yield lower and lower, I am not sure if it is sustainable.

I however know that I will not tolerate a 1% return (slightly higher with leverage) when I am in retirement mode. Whereas property valuation is at their peak in many cities across Asia, London and Australia, stock market valuation are still reasonable, why?

I am not a savvy investor, so I have more questions than answers.

Hypersonic
(edited)

siao liao

Edited by RH1667
  • Praise 9

Hypersonic

Yeah sure but if u dollar cost average or steadily put in money, then your overall yield becomes more stable in terms of fluctuation and also more closer to the average or median yield.

Plonking it all in when the shit hits the fan is psychologically beyond me lol.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

Finally !

I found someone with same situation as me! ð­

Sorry sorry! Did not realized who wrote the quoted statement earlier.

of course cannot be in the same situation as you lah... big boss

you considering to buy rolex full cash while i still struggling to pay off my heavy debt burden

you considering to buy rolex full cash while i still struggling to pay off my heavy debt burden

Hypersonic

• Praise 4

Hypersonic

Buy my cars which are $1M ( lambo huracan, ) rolls Royce phantom $1.3M.

Pick green, orange, yellow, white, red...got 458, aventadors bentleys etc..

Name famous only "TERENCE" ....muahahah

So still famous meh ?? Zzzzz

Hehehe...can u sell $500k - $1M cars ???

Can call me, T2 got my number or google..."TERENCE"

wah boss terence, you so famous in the elite car buying circle while i am a peasant

nobody knows me and i also dunno any rich people

so how to sell $500k to $1M cars

Supersonic

wah boss terence, you so famous in the elite car buying circle while i am a peasant

nobody knows me and i also dunno any rich people

so how to sell $500k to $1M cars

ð±ð

Post wts thread in mcf lor.
↡ Advertisement