How would you invest with SGD 1 million

Oh wow, was just reading Sunday Times B17

Makes me feel like i should be going out there to borrow at least $5 to $8mil and spend big big

Myayhahahahah

Huat ah all MCFers

Make your millions

I will never do it but many think that is life in SG, the exit is probably to sell their primary residence and downgrade.

By mid 40s, one should have more income producing assets (excluding primary residence) than liabilities and strive for financial freedom by 50, not slog for your primary residence. What is ST teaching everyone?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

(edited)

I will never do it but many think that is life in SG, the exit is probably to sell their primary residence and downgrade.

By mid 40s, one should have more income producing assets (excluding primary residence) than liabilities and strive for financial freedom by 50, not slog for your primary residence. What is ST teaching everyone?

Yes, its a horrible thought that after many years of slogging you sell your primary residence filled with memories and then downgrade becos all your money is stuck there. Asset rich cash poor poor

That freaking sad.

But i thought everyone has at least 2 fully paid properties and 3 investment properties ?

Or at least thats the impression i get from all the property threads.

Edited by Throttle2
  • Praise 1

And there are more than a handful of cases where people live longer than the leases of their roofs.

Some even foolish enough to think that they will be compensated.

Others expecting welfare.

Hai....

There were other cases of people who lived in old freehold landed houses worth millions but expect the State to provide welfare to them becos they want to continue living in the same place for comfort.

Wtf?

At best, the State can help them dispose of the properties at market rate and then acquire a HDB. They can use the remaining money to live for the rest of their lives. Got asset, dont want to sell, and want welfare?

If like that, next time i grow old and have $2mil worth of Rolexes, i also dont sell and demand State for welfare lah.

KNN.

• Praise 2

Supersonic

There were other cases of people who lived in old freehold landed houses worth millions but expect the State to provide welfare to them becos they want to continue living in the same place for comfort.

Wtf?

At best, the State can help them dispose of the properties at market rate and then acquire a HDB. They can use the remaining money to live for the rest of their lives. Got asset, dont want to sell, and want welfare?

If like that, next time i grow old and have $2mil worth of Rolexes, i also dont sell and demand State for welfare lah.

KNN.

Actually, such cases, government can give them a "loan" at CPF rates.

When they die, loan to be recouped from their estate. If beneficiaries don't wanna pay up on the loan then house to be sold.

Can? I guess this is similar to reverse mortgage?

Probably easier for property than your Rolex unless you are willing to surrender to govt for safekeeping and collateral. 

Actually, such cases, government can give them a "loan" at CPF rates.

When they die, loan to be recouped from their estate. If beneficiaries don't wanna pay up on the loan then house to be sold.

Can? I guess this is similar to reverse mortgage?

Probably easier for property than your Rolex unless you are willing to surrender to govt for safekeeping and collateral.

Yeah can also. Which is what they have been doing for HdB owners but this one is private landed so legally its different. Probably have to sign a stack of legal docs to mortgage to house to the state etc etc..

As for my Rolexes, i just keep lor, State will provide welfare for me.

Muayhahahahaha

Houses easy to track ownership. Rolex, difficult for Gov to check. Might be able to get help if all you have is Rolex and no roof to stay.

Houses easy to track ownership. Rolex, difficult for Gov to check. Might be able to get help if all you have is Rolex and no roof to stay.

No spare parts, government bang balls after holding for 20 to 30 years.
  • Praise 2

Zhun boh?

Oh wow, was just reading Sunday Times B17

Makes me feel like i should be going out there to borrow at least $5 to $8mil and spend big big

Myayhahahahah

Huat ah all MCFers

Make your millions

Seems like they have very little cash buffer for emergencies. If anything unexpected happens, this couple will have difficulties.

On a side note, nice daytona you have there.

Seems like they have very little cash buffer for emergencies. If anything unexpected happens, this couple will have difficulties.

On a side note, nice daytona you have there.

Maybe their parents got money

Thank you.

You would probably also like the other two Daytonas i have

Edited by Throttle2

Hypersonic

I say some, not me.

I do 5% - 10%pa, i pray heaven and earth already

wah boss.... 5% - 10% pa on $100million portfolio?