Worth anot to extend warranty?

gti2323

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

my car is nearly 3 years n the warranty expire at 3 years so if i extend the warranty for 2 years more at optima werkz for $1500 is it worth am driving a c180? TIA

Edited by Gti2323
↡ Advertisement

my car is nearly 3 years n the warranty expire at 3 years so if i extend the warranty for 2 years more at optima werkz for $1500 is it worth am driving a c180? TIA

What does the warranty encompass ?

Aircon compressor / Bearings/ Servicing ? 

Cause i dont see any major issues like gearbox or engine blowing. I would say no.

Not worth. 

Turbocharged

Not worth it, in the event you need to claim anything I doubt you can get it either. Only take warranty with AD and no one else.

Warrenty does not cover wear & tear.....by this time if stuff breaks down, most likely workshop will claim it is wear & tear.

• Praise 3

Get the details on what are under warranty first.

Actually, the one and only question to ask the workshop is "tell me what is NOT covered by your warranty". And list them down item by item.

From their answer, u will know your own answer liao.

No need to listen to their grandmother story abt their warranty.

1500 for only 2 years? Where got worth?

Just for comparison, I signed up PA's 4 years maintenance package last month for $3,252.80 inclusive of GST.

It has

- 4 x Oil Change 7.5k km interval

- 2 x 15k interval servicing

- 1 x 30k servicing

- 1 x 60k servicing

- 1 x FOC battery replacement

The servicing includes plugs, belts, ATF and water pump/thermostat as per photo I taken below. See the row in red outline.

post-2654-0-30525800-1495671853_thumb.jpg

Neutral Newbie

Not worth it as the T&C always state during claim the owner is not allow to dictate any decision made by the company.

So when major things kaput they will skimmed the cost of repair and you'll just have to accept whatever repairs they decide.

↡ Advertisement