Got my NS50 pack liow !

Ysc3

I havent received mine yet.

But I just checked my Safra account, my membership was extended by 1 year. [bounce2]

The transaction was $40 for one year extension. Why they dont give it to me as cash instead!!! [smash]

I paid $77+ for 5 years, gov paid $40 for one year. [confused]

↡ Advertisement

Supersonic
(edited)

But I just checked my Safra account, my membership was extended by 1 year. [bounce2]

The transaction was $40 for one year extension. Why they dont give it to me as cash instead!!! [smash]

40 dollars to Safra is right pocket to left pocket.

40 dollars to you in cash is raiding the reserve.

77 bucks for you is reasonable because you determined the value and that it is worth that amount for you. 40 bucks by the government is vastly overpaying. Out of the few hundred thousand memberships (40 bucks each hor), how many will actually utilize the facilities? Surely less than 1 in 2. I estimate 5-10%

Edited by Kusje

Hypersonic

my card is at 2021. So guess now should be 2022 lol.

Twincharged
(edited)

govt cannot be seen as having pressure the club for the same goodies. Else will be abuse of power. So have to pay listed price.

But I see it as free money injected into the club as it is mandatory funding to the club. Else I take the option of rebate into CPF retirement of $40 can ?

Edited by Sdf4786k

Hypersonic
(edited)

BEWARE ........ take 50 , must return 5000  :D . you all still mm chai si 

No la bro!

I remember take 50 must return 500000000000.

They give, we take .

Whether we want to take or not, still must return whatever they want from us [bigcry]

Just collected mine from post office.

So means old soldier who already MR also given. 

Edited by RH1667
  • Praise 2

Hardly ever go to Safra. But just on Mon, wife took kids to TP to play the dunno what climb tall tall thingy. She said non-members pay more... so the card came late and might not be that useful liao...

During the last round, took the safra card went seoul garden eat got 10% discount. Let's see if family wanna go again.

On Safra, it's true that lots of people will not likely use it. Maybe can find ways to help them innovate and attract more people. The govt should open car workshops at all safra clubs, and can get the full-time NS men who are B vehicle mechanics to serve their NS there. Good revenue stream. Then the reservists go there servicing, can use the facilities. If workshops open on weekends, surely crowded. Everybody wins!  [thumbsup]

• Praise 1

Supersonic

Hardly ever go to Safra. But just on Mon, wife took kids to TP to play the dunno what climb tall tall thingy. She said non-members pay more... so the card came late and might not be that useful liao...

During the last round, took the safra card went seoul garden eat got 10% discount. Let's see if family wanna go again.

On Safra, it's true that lots of people will not likely use it. Maybe can find ways to help them innovate and attract more people. The govt should open car workshops at all safra clubs, and can get the full-time NS men who are B vehicle mechanics to serve their NS there. Good revenue stream. Then the reservists go there servicing, can use the facilities. If workshops open on weekends, surely crowded. Everybody wins!  [thumbsup]

Except the free labor vehicle mechanics.

Except the free labor vehicle mechanics.

Got so many to call upon from... treat it as normal soldiers need to do guard duty, and they do this so get exempted from guard lor.

plus give them off in lieu lah. Whole army so big, got so many lobos around at any one time, where got scared cannot get.

BEWARE ........ take 50 , must return 5000  :D . you all still mm chai si 

Don't take the 50 still must pay 5000, so take lo. At least net net you pay 4950.

• Praise 1

Supersonic

Got so many to call upon from... treat it as normal soldiers need to do guard duty, and they do this so get exempted from guard lor.

plus give them off in lieu lah. Whole army so big, got so many lobos around at any one time, where got scared cannot get.

So much "free time" then just shorten NS to 1 year. 

Why should NSF be considered free labor. Packing funpacks, organizing NDP, ushering for SMRT breakdowns and now free labor mechanics?  [hur]

Supersonic

They give, we take .

Whether we want to take or not, still must return whatever they want from us [bigcry]

Just collected mine from post office.

So means old soldier who already MR also given. 

How come some receive through registered mail and some receive through normal mail le? I received mine through normal mail lo.

(edited)

So much "free time" then just shorten NS to 1 year. 

Why should NSF be considered free labor. Packing funpacks, organizing NDP, ushering for SMRT breakdowns and now free labor mechanics?  [hur]

If change to 1 year, think must stay in camp 24/7 and no contact with outside world. Live and breath as a soldier. No saturdays and sundays or nights off. 24/7 standby for action. Maybe shipped to another country and station there.

Thatz why the navy see a lot less personnel. One 6 month deployment = the above.

Edited by Adrianli

Turbocharged

Me and wifey safra member as well. Her membership just expired so the money do come handy for renewal for people living in provety like me.

By the way we hardly use the safra pool instead utilise it at hometeam pool. Discounted parking and focus swimming pool.

Just an observation that both SAFRA and Hometeam clubhouses are slowly being over-run by foreign nationals as well...I went to their gym and pool..saw lots of indians and filipinos...

I understand that these clubhouses have a bottomline to meet but at least increase the price differentials between NS men and FTs lah...majiam becoming public clubhouses liao... [mad]

If change to 1 year, think must stay in camp 24/7 and no contact with outside world. Live and breath as a soldier. No saturdays and sundays or nights off. 24/7 standby for action. Maybe shipped to another country and station there.

Thatz why the navy see a lot less personnel. One 6 month deployment = the above.

Maybe that explains why female naval officers all marry within the navy...as those are the only men they meet during the 6 mths offshore.. :wub:

• Praise 2

Supersonic

Just an observation that both SAFRA and Hometeam clubhouses are slowly being over-run by foreign nationals as well...I went to their gym and pool..saw lots of indians and filipinos...

I understand that these clubhouses have a bottomline to meet but at least increase the price differentials between NS men and FTs lah...majiam becoming public clubhouses liao... [mad]

Maybe that explains why female naval officers all marry within the navy...as those are the only men they meet during the 6 mths offshore.. :wub:

Hometeam club gym opens to everybody de, the price that you pay is difference only. I dont know about safra gym. Maybe they want to earn more from their facilities, so they also open to FTs as well.

Supersonic

Prison is prison.

I rather serve my sentence one shot in 1 year then 2 years. Come out still got time to be a haohan

Turbocharged
(edited)

Hometeam club gym opens to everybody de, the price that you pay is difference only. I dont know about safra gym. Maybe they want to earn more from their facilities, so they also open to FTs as well.

Precisely... even restaurants, bowling alleys within the clubhouses etc..see more FTs than us...

Edited by Kyrios

Hypersonic
(edited)

i go to the safra pool with my kids. i seldom see FT at the pool. Sure sometimes got some of them, but mostly they are there to attend swimming lessons bah.

Got some domestic helpers though lol.

Can see some parents sit there surf HP and the maid chasing after the very young kids.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 2

(edited)

Yay I also received yesterday! Can go grocery shopping liao.
https://ibb.co/cmz9OF

I'm over 40 and already MR but still get [bounce2]

And just to note the vouchers are in $10 denomination with your name and NRIC on it. So cannot just pass to wifey ask her go ntuc hor.

Edited by Matoonia
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1