Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
222 replies to this topic | 793 praises

Posted 01 June 2017 - 03:06 PM

Butterss
  • Butterss
    1st Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Been thinking for a long time on which car to buy and can't arrive at a conclusion.

Background: My family of 4 (including me, my wife, a toddler and an infant) is looking for a new car. I drop my toddler at school before going to work everyday. I will also fetch my parents/parents in law around maybe 2-3 times per month for outings. I drive to Malaysia (Ipoh) around 2 times per year and probably have some road trips to other places in Malaysia as well.

Budget: $120k

Features (good to have): Electric tailgate/boot, Keyless entry, Blindspot detection.

I'm looking at only AD cars Toyota Wish, Mitsubishi Outlander and the latest Toyota Harrier Turbo (price exceeds my budget a lot but I like this car a lot and it has all the features I want) which will launch in July 2017.

Not looking at Honda HRV/Vezel.

1. Toyota Wish (price is around $110k)
Pros:
- Spacious interior.
- Fuel consumption quite ok at 12-13km/l.
- Adequate power.
- Budget friendly.
Cons:
- Dated engine. Think the Wish was last launched in 2009 or 2010 and then had a facelift 2-3 years ago.
- Very basic interior.
- Does not have many features. The Wish is just like a Toyota Altis with 3 rows of seats.
- Does not have rear air con vents.

2. Mitsubishi Outlander (price is around $120k)
Pros:
- Spacious interior.
- Packed with features not found in Wish.
- I love driving SUV. Wife mentioned that she prefers higher cars though it's not a priority.
Cons:
- Bad fuel consumption. Seems like it can only achieve 8-9km/l as it's a 2.4 SUV.
- Read reviews that power is lacking despite it being a 2.4 SUV.
- 3rd row is not that spacious despite it being a bigger car than Wish.

3. Toyota Harrier Turbo (price is likely to be $160k)
Pros:
- Spacious and luxurious interior.
- Powerful engine (go NSH overtaking no problem).
- Fuel efficient at 10-12km/l (as achieved by Lexus NX. Harrier should get better FC).
- Packed full of features which I want.
- Has air con vents for 2nd row.
Cons:
- Burst budget big time. Will be straining my finances if I go with Harrier.
- Does not have 3rd row of seats.

My own thoughts so far (but welcome to have more comments and opinions):
- Heart is with Toyota Harrier but wallet says no.
- Wallet says go for Toyota Wish which is an outdated car with not much features.
- My wife and me prefer SUV but the pricing of Wish and the interior space make us consider it.
- I have been driving 2 generations of Toyota Altis (for 10 years) and 2013 Lexus RX (for 2 years) company car. Really like driving a SUV - the feel and higher driving height is really different from a sedan.
- Mitsubishi Outlander seems like an in-between as it has good features but read that FC is really bad.
- I intend to drive at least 5 years. If huat then change car, if bo huat then drive 10 years.

What are your thoughts guys? Thanks in advance!

orion2006 and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 01 June 2017 - 03:23 PM

RadX
  • Premium member
    RadX

Here we go again

RESPECT is only for the DEAD!

Posted 01 June 2017 - 03:25 PM

Steptronic
  • Steptronic
    Supercharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Answer is clear. Outlander

orion2006 praised this

Posted 01 June 2017 - 03:30 PM

Wyfitms
  • Premium member
    Wyfitms
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

The choice is clear
Harrier turbo ftw
It will make GTR look like 10 ton Lorry
Vratenza, Mercury1 and orion2006 praised this

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose

Posted 01 June 2017 - 03:55 PM

Spring
  • Premium member
    Spring
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Harrier sold by AD? Didn't hear anything from Borneo so far..........

This car would be a good choice for most families I feel.

Posted 01 June 2017 - 04:12 PM

Kangadrool
  • Premium member
    Kangadrool
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

be a tree hugger - ofo. [laugh]

Still2016 and Jamesc praised this

Posted 01 June 2017 - 04:36 PM

Adrianli
  • Premium member
    Adrianli
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Go for Freed or Sienta.

Still2016 and Watwheels praised this

Posted 01 June 2017 - 04:43 PM

SuPerBoRed
  • Premium member
    SuPerBoRed
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

whats the point of setting a budget and shift 33.3% up? might as well dont set... 

opel astra tourer have all u want btw... 

Edited by SuPerBoRed, 01 June 2017 - 04:45 PM.

Respect is earned.. does not come with your god damn title..

Posted 01 June 2017 - 04:44 PM

Mockngbrd
  • Mockngbrd
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

BMW ftw

Garage36.com

Posted 01 June 2017 - 04:45 PM

Steptronic
  • Steptronic
    Supercharged
    Author Image

M8 even better

BMW ftw

Posted 01 June 2017 - 04:47 PM

Butterss
  • Butterss
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Harrier sold by AD? Didn't hear anything from Borneo so far..........

This car would be a good choice for most families I feel.

https://forms.borneo...a/2017/harrier/

Borneo Motors made the announcement already. Now there's early bird registration.

1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 01 June 2017 - 04:50 PM

Tianmo
  • Premium member
    Tianmo
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

the longest reply is 24 words in 2 lines.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

SuPerBoRed and Vratenza praised this
芸芸人海,罪孽深重,神佛不渡,唯我魔渡

with the spirit of the MCF tiko club..............We are................ TIKO RANGERS!!!

Posted 01 June 2017 - 04:52 PM

Butterss
  • Butterss
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Go for Freed or Sienta.

Thanks for the suggestions, I prefer to go with AD.

whats the point of setting a budget and shift 33.3% up? might as well dont set... 

opel astra tourer have all u want btw... 

No lah, budget is still $120k. Unlikely to shift up even though I like Harrier a lot. Just that I want to hear what you guys have to say.

Posted 01 June 2017 - 04:56 PM

SuPerBoRed
  • Premium member
    SuPerBoRed
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

No lah, budget is still $120k. Unlikely to shift up even though I like Harrier a lot. Just that I want to hear what you guys have to say.

go look at that opel astra tourer...  dont be bogged by past reputation .. simi low resale value etc etc..  

Go try... you wld be pleasantly surprised..  if you dont like it...  u can ask someone for free prata and make a new friend too..  

HOR?  :XD:

Respect is earned.. does not come with your god damn title..

Posted 01 June 2017 - 04:58 PM

Airwaver
  • Premium member
    Airwaver
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Subaru Forester XT lor.

Be nice to people on your way up, cos you'll meet them on your way down.

Posted 01 June 2017 - 04:58 PM

Adrianli
  • Premium member
    Adrianli
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Honda Jade lor.

Posted 01 June 2017 - 05:04 PM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Start buying 4D. LoL...

SuPerBoRed praised this
The chosen one will bring balance to the Force...I mean Singapore. Even star wars do not reserve "the chosen one" to a sith lord or a jedi or a wookie.

Posted 01 June 2017 - 05:07 PM

Datura
  • Premium member
    Datura
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

wait for the upcoming honda CRV 1.5 turbo seven seater at 160k

Posted 01 June 2017 - 05:08 PM

Mahjong74
  • Premium member
    Mahjong74
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Been thinking for a long time on which car to buy and can't arrive at a conclusion.

Background: My family of 4 (including me, my wife, a toddler and an infant) is looking for a new car. I drop my toddler at school before going to work everyday. I will also fetch my parents/parents in law around maybe 2-3 times per month for outings. I drive to Malaysia (Ipoh) around 2 times per year and probably have some road trips to other places in Malaysia as well.

Budget: $120k

Features (good to have): Electric tailgate/boot, Keyless entry, Blindspot detection.

I'm looking at only AD cars Toyota Wish, Mitsubishi Outlander and the latest Toyota Harrier Turbo (price exceeds my budget a lot but I like this car a lot and it has all the features I want) which will launch in July 2017.

Not looking at Honda HRV/Vezel.

1. Toyota Wish (price is around $110k)
Pros:
- Spacious interior.
- Fuel consumption quite ok at 12-13km/l.
- Adequate power.
- Budget friendly.
Cons:
- Dated engine. Think the Wish was last launched in 2009 or 2010 and then had a facelift 2-3 years ago.
- Very basic interior.
- Does not have many features. The Wish is just like a Toyota Altis with 3 rows of seats.
- Does not have rear air con vents.

2. Mitsubishi Outlander (price is around $120k)
Pros:
- Spacious interior.
- Packed with features not found in Wish.
- I love driving SUV. Wife mentioned that she prefers higher cars though it's not a priority.
Cons:
- Bad fuel consumption. Seems like it can only achieve 8-9km/l as it's a 2.4 SUV.
- Read reviews that power is lacking despite it being a 2.4 SUV.
- 3rd row is not that spacious despite it being a bigger car than Wish.

3. Toyota Harrier Turbo (price is likely to be $160k)
Pros:
- Spacious and luxurious interior.
- Powerful engine (go NSH overtaking no problem).
- Fuel efficient at 10-12km/l (as achieved by Lexus NX. Harrier should get better FC).
- Packed full of features which I want.
- Has air con vents for 2nd row.
Cons:
- Burst budget big time. Will be straining my finances if I go with Harrier.
- Does not have 3rd row of seats.

My own thoughts so far (but welcome to have more comments and opinions):
- Heart is with Toyota Harrier but wallet says no.
- Wallet says go for Toyota Wish which is an outdated car with not much features.
- My wife and me prefer SUV but the pricing of Wish and the interior space make us consider it.
- I have been driving 2 generations of Toyota Altis (for 10 years) and 2013 Lexus RX (for 2 years) company car. Really like driving a SUV - the feel and higher driving height is really different from a sedan.
- Mitsubishi Outlander seems like an in-between as it has good features but read that FC is really bad.
- I intend to drive at least 5 years. If huat then change car, if bo huat then drive 10 years.

What are your thoughts guys? Thanks in advance!

If got a budget of $120k, then stick to it. 

Mitsubishi Outlander 2.4 8 to 9km/L is consider quite ok. Most SUV is around there. 

Toyota Harrier of 10 to 12km/L is just slightly better than Outlander. Not much diff in the monthly petrol $$$

If I am you, will either go for new Outlander or used Harrier around $120k. 

Test drive both for the final decision. 

Posted 01 June 2017 - 05:50 PM

Spring
  • Premium member
    Spring
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

https://forms.borneo...a/2017/harrier/

Borneo Motors made the announcement already. Now there's early bird registration.

Thks, good info [thumbsup]

Aaronlkl, 2BDriver, Angcheek, Newbie26, Sunny, Still2016, Staff69 and 3 other members praised this

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

Tags: suv, mpv, family, choose

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users