All new Civic 1.5 Turbo & 1.6 from $108,999**

Odyssey 2.4 from $148,999

All-new Jade RS 1.5 Turbo from $127,999**

New HR-V 1.5 from $106,999**

Jazz 1.3 & 1.5 from $87,999

New City 1.5 from $94,999

Accord 2.0 from $138,999**

CR-V 2.4 from $140,999**

Visit the Honda showroom to book a test drive today.

*Terms and conditions apply. Rental and leasing are available.

**Demo units only.

^Selected models.

copy and paste frm sgcarmart 

↡ Advertisement

Having tested the Opel Astra Tourer I agree with the rest who believe it is the best car for your price. And the only one with blind spot monitoring. It even has radar-based collision warning, with decent space and an ample trunk. European Car of the Year in its release year.

And it comes with excellent warranty coverage at the moment.

It's economical to run, got garang engine and it's German engineered with decent handling and comfort.

Ermm...Clement229 said roads will have more Astras if it is as good as u claimed.

One of u must be not telling the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth :)

• Praise 2

1. Yes, this will be my only car. I usually will drop my toddler at the school before heading to work. Sometimes I'm required to meet partners so I will drive to meet them.

2. My parents have their own car. My parents-in-law do not have their own car. Thus the occasional need to fetch them.

Electrical tailgate is good to have (order by the wife) but I can do without it. Sometimes I feel that it's becos I drove my company car which was a Lexus RX 270 for 2 years and my wife and me were so used to the bells and whistles on the car that we aren't satisfied by a plain jane Wish now. Having said that, I have to make a compromise as I do not have a huge budget now, so Wish is fine.

Outlander is 2.4 while Wish is 1.8, quite a big difference in terms of power and of cos running cost like road tax, petrol etc.

Yeah, it's just me. I just don't like the X-Trail after I test drove it. The 3rd row is a joke, even the SE said they market the car as 5+2. Features wise, X-Trail packs a good list of features.

Care to share why you chose the Tucson since there are so many 5 seater SUVs. You have a good life now that your kids are teenagers. Mine are 2 years old and 2 months old. Tired everyday.

The Grandis looks so big but 3rd row space loses to Wish? I didn't know that. I always thought Grandis is a huge MPV from the size of it.

hmm... tough choice then. If your parents have their own car, then your need to have 7 seats to fetch them is not that strong. But of course there's still your in-laws to consider. So if it's important to cater to the in-laws, then you still need a MPV; if not impt, then can consider 5-seater.

Of course, if you're used to something better, it's not easy to settle for less. It's like if you're used to driving (even a simple car), it'll take a bit of getting used to, if you have to stop. So you'll have to make a call, on whether to take the (financial) risk and get something much better, or just be pragmatic and settle for the basic needs.

Not necessary that engine cc is big sure means more powerful. I remember the Mazda 8 to be quite sluggish even though it has i think a 2.3L engine, while a 1.5L car like Ford Kuga is much more powerful, granted it's cos got turbo.

Yes, x-trail 3rd row is a bit of a joke. But we could have lived with it, as we were prepared to compromise a bit (all 3 rows) for the rare occasions when we need 3 rows of seats. But most of the time, it's only the 4 of us, in which case the spacious 1st and 2nd rows were great.

I shared my views and the reasons why i chose Tucson in the SUV thread, starting here:

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2700714-which-suv-would-you-choose-for-now/?p=6064536

so better not repeat it to take up bandwidth  [laugh] You can take a look if you have time, as that time shared quite a number of posts on it.

On the kids, a classmate told me about 12 yr ago to spend more time watching them (the kids) grow up, as they do so very quickly. That time my younger one was still a toddler. Now he's going to take PSLE already - so don't worry, enjoy the parenting process as it will slip by quickly.

• Praise 2

Promotion at Kah Motor

Hotline: 6840 6888

Make a new Honda your best buy.

- High COE rebates of up to $50,000*

- Complimentary 3 years servicing worth up to $2,000*

- 5 years unlimited mileage warranty

- Special trade-in discounts^

- Attractive discounts on demo units

- Low downpayment^ and interest rate

- Immediate registration available*

All new Civic 1.5 Turbo & 1.6 from $108,999**

Odyssey 2.4 from $148,999

All-new Jade RS 1.5 Turbo from $127,999**

New HR-V 1.5 from $106,999**

Jazz 1.3 & 1.5 from $87,999

New City 1.5 from $94,999

Accord 2.0 from $138,999**

CR-V 2.4 from $140,999**

Visit the Honda showroom to book a test drive today.

*Terms and conditions apply. Rental and leasing are available.

**Demo units only.

^Selected models.

copy and paste frm sgcarmart

Rebate $50,000 apply to all CAT ?
  • Praise 2

Rebate $50,000 apply to all CAT ?

wld that be possible when last CAT A was 46k? 

i dont work there la.. number is there.. call them for more clarifications... 

I already said right at the start.. everyone got different bars... if the price of a merc c180 is the same as a mazda you think there will be more C180 uber? or more mazda 3? It still does not make any car better over the other.

Your reasoning that more common cars = better car is just totally flawed

I only speak common.. i dont speak non

Maybe i have low EQ .. but i dont sink to your level

You seriously think that C180 and Mazda 3 will be same price? Really?

Just to share my experience after driving my new ride Sienta for a month.I just change my old ride to Sienta as i have got 4 kids and with me and wife make up 6 pax. I have tested Wish,Touran,Sienta and Estima and only Sienta and Estima 3rd row can sit people comfortably. Wish and Touran 3rd row is too clamp as i have tried sitting on it for the 4 models i tested. In the end choose Sienta cos of lower road tax and prices.Everyday i'm driving almost full load of 6 pax and the fc  got on average of 14km/litres.

• Praise 2

Turbocharged
(edited)

I remember there was some talk about this Harrier beating all the cars at the traffic lights...maybe with this Turbo Harrier...maybe...just maybe... [laugh]

Edited by Kyrios
  • Praise 1

Just to share my experience after driving my new ride Sienta for a month.I just change my old ride to Sienta as i have got 4 kids and with me and wife make up 6 pax. I have tested Wish,Touran,Sienta and Estima and only Sienta and Estima 3rd row can sit people comfortably. Wish and Touran 3rd row is too clamp as i have tried sitting on it for the 4 models i tested. In the end choose Sienta cos of lower road tax and prices.Everyday i'm driving almost full load of 6 pax and the fc  got on average of 14km/litres.

hmm... 

I am actually very surprised when you said Sienta 3rd row is more comfortable than Wish. I think if you push Wish's first and second row a bit forward, then Wish wins hands down, for all 3 rows.

The only advantage of Sienta is that the seats are upright, as the vehicle is taller, so the passengers don't feel there is no leg space, even though it's significantly shorter than wish.

You seriously think that C180 and Mazda 3 will be same price? Really?

You only mentioned if so good sure a lot of it on the road. So it appears you do not also take price into the equation (maybe money isn't aproblem to you, i wouldn't know).

So now you will only pick on this particular point he made, even if he specifically mentioned IF. So I guess you are unable to rebutt properly. So please, do everyone here, including the Thread starter, a favour, and engage your brain before putting your mouth (or fingers) into gear.

Or go finish your homework.

hmm... 

I am actually very surprised when you said Sienta 3rd row is more comfortable than Wish. I think if you push Wish's first and second row a bit forward, then Wish wins hands down, for all 3 rows.

The only advantage of Sienta is that the seats are upright, as the vehicle is taller, so the passengers don't feel there is no leg space, even though it's significantly shorter than wish.

Well,basically i did not move the 2nd row seat forward when i tried on the 4 model and i feel Sienta has more leg room and if going for a long trip those seating on 3rd row won't be feeling uncomfortable.

• Praise 2

Well,basically i did not move the 2nd row seat forward when i tried on the 4 model and i feel Sienta has more leg room and if going for a long trip those seating on 3rd row won't be feeling uncomfortable.

U can adjust the sitting angle (where ur bum/thigh rest) of the last row seats in the Wish. I sat at the last row during my test ride and the adjustment really made the Wish the most comfortable 3rd row among the cars I tried; Sienta, Mobilio, Mazda 5, Touran.

• Praise 3

U can adjust the sitting angle (where ur bum/thigh rest) of the last row seats in the Wish. I sat at the last row during my test ride and the adjustment really made the Wish the most comfortable 3rd row among the cars I tried; Sienta, Mobilio, Mazda 5, Touran.

You bought Wish in the end? 

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

TS .....YOLO

no scared no scared

i peasant also take up high loan for my car

[grin]

You bought Wish in the end? 

Yupz. Sienta & Mobilio features and finishing way off, too dated. Mazda 5 only 2 airbag and its a really old model, not even a recent face lift. I really like Touran's sun roof & features but its 3rd row is the most cramp among them. So Wish is the least compromise for a 5+2 car.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

@Butterss, if you want fuel economy and reliability, go for the Wish. Outlander 3rd row is no more spacious than the Wish despite the bigger body.

But in real life, Wish gets on average 10-11km/l.

Another consideration is the Mazda 5, which is much more spacious, and the 3rd row can accommodate adults comfortably.

• Praise 1

I see... then no wonder. If like that, it's not a fair test/comparison, as Wish 1st and 2nd row would be v much more spacious than sienta's. 

If wanna have decent comfort for 3rd row on a long trip, then should push 2nd row a bit forward, and if need be, likewise for 1st row. This actually is necessary only if the driver/passengers are tall. Eg. at 1.8 m, i normally push the driver's seat all the way back, so 2nd row also will go all the way back to be spacious. This way, 3rd row sure very tight. My wife somehow likes the driver seat position so never adjust the front/back of it when driving.

But when I go workshop, almost always see the driver's seat moved a bit forward when I collect my car. If that type of legspace is sufficient for 1st row, then 2nd row can afford to push forward a bit, and will still be spacious enough - thereby leaving ok (or decent) space for 3rd row.

This is one advantage of the flexibility of Wish's 3 rows of seats.

Some of the conti MPVs, the 2nd row seats are fixed and cannot be slided front/back. They have locks on the floorboard, for the 2nd row seats to be locked in position after ingress/egress to/from 3rd row. I think those are more restrictive (less flexible) and also dangerous - some bro coined the term 'hole-puncher' seats. If someone puts the leg there when the 2nd row seats is going to be pushed/dropped back into the locking position, i can't imagine what will happen to the leg  [sweatdrop]

• Praise 2

(edited)

Ermm...Clement229 said roads will have more Astras if it is as good as u claimed.

One of u must be not telling the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth :)

My first car more than a decade ago was an Opel Astra sedan. Enjoyed it very much. I was lucky I think because it served my family well. Even fits 4 golf bags (not tour sized) for trips across the link to Johor.

If you like the less populat models locally, then you need to do a bit of research using overseas forums and reviews that have the same car. I would suggest buying the brands bread and butter models (volume star) because they tend to make sure it is more reliable.

Edited by Squeaky
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3