• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
10 replies to this topic | 0 praises

Posted 04 June 2017 - 12:14 PM

Zhlow
  • Zhlow
    1st Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi all, I bought a second hand Kia Cerato V2 manual transmission about a year ago. Generally very satisfied with the car however whenever the car is stucked in a heavy jam under hot sun, i tend to experience the clutch pedal to be gradually harder and harder to be depressed ( to a point it feels like racing clutch). However after i cleared the jam and travelled for about 15mins the clutch feel will be back to normal. Wondering if any other bros experienced such issues before. My previous kelisa and vios manual transmission did not experience such issues before. Looking forward to kind inputs and suggestions. Cheers. 

Posted 04 June 2017 - 10:23 PM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

http://www.hotrod.co...ystem-problems/

After reading you will find that it's better to do a visual and physical inspection of the clutch.

The chosen one will bring balance to the Force...I mean Singapore. Even star wars do not reserve "the chosen one" to a sith lord or a jedi or a wookie.

Posted 05 June 2017 - 06:47 AM

walkofwinners
  • Premium member
    walkofwinners
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

manual transmission fluid change? 

Posted 15 June 2017 - 09:16 AM

Fedex67
  • Fedex67
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

manual transmission fluid change? 

Hi all,

I am taking over a KIA cerato and has this issue too.

Very hard to enagage the manual gear and it just died while in the jam.

And when we were waiting for the tow truck to arrive, it gets started and we were able to drive again.

Was told by mechanic that there are 2 pump that impact the clutch engaging.

Lower and Upper. Not sure what he is really saying.

So I am waiting for some sharing here.

Fedex67

Posted 15 June 2017 - 04:30 PM

Spinelli_ck
  • Premium member
    Spinelli_ck
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Hi all,

I am taking over a KIA cerato and has this issue too.

Very hard to enagage the manual gear and it just died while in the jam.
And when we were waiting for the tow truck to arrive, it gets started and we were able to drive again.

Was told by mechanic that there are 2 pump that impact the clutch engaging.
Lower and Upper. Not sure what he is really saying.

So I am waiting for some sharing here.

Fedex67

he probably meant the clutch master cylinder and clutch slave cylinder.

www.yourmechanic.com/services/clutch-master-cylinder-replacement

Posted 16 June 2017 - 01:43 PM

Fedex67
  • Fedex67
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

he probably meant the clutch master cylinder and clutch slave cylinder.

www.yourmechanic.com/services/clutch-master-cylinder-replacement

Fantastic insight. The mechanic will be impressed by this information and cant smoked us.

Thank you spinelli. Will be going to JB and check it out. Cant wait to take over the car in July

Posted 18 January 2018 - 11:27 AM

Fedex67
  • Fedex67
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Update on the issue

Went JB and tried my luck.

The mechanic put a new the clutch Set by Exedy

All problems solved.

Thanks

Posted 28 January 2018 - 10:04 AM

Franciz
  • Premium member
    Franciz
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Update on the issue

The mechanic put a new the clutch Set by Exedy

All problems solved.

Thanks

Hi, I need to have my clutch replaced for a manual 2009 Forte. Please share the costs & which workshop in JB, thanks. 

Edited by Franciz, 28 January 2018 - 10:05 AM.

Posted 06 February 2018 - 09:50 PM

Alessiahayden

Hi all, I bought a second hand Kia Cerato V2 manual transmission about a year ago. Generally very satisfied with the car however whenever the car is stucked in a heavy jam under hot sun, i tend to experience the clutch pedal to be gradually harder and harder to be depressed ( to a point it feels like racing clutch). However after i cleared the jam and travelled for about 15mins the clutch feel will be back to normal. Wondering if any other bros experienced such issues before. My previous kelisa and vios manual transmission did not experience such issues before. Looking forward to kind inputs and suggestions. Cheers. 

I think you should replace the clutch from good mechanic.

Posted 17 April 2018 - 08:28 PM

ALTHE
  • ALTHE
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Update on the issue

The mechanic put a new the clutch Set by Exedy

All problems solved.

Thanks

Hi,
Can share which workshop?
How much does it cost ya?
Thanks!

Posted 17 April 2018 - 08:50 PM

Kumweng
  • Premium member
    Kumweng
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Hi,
Can share which workshop?
How much does it cost ya?
Thanks!

I am having the same problem. Share your lobang with me. PM me

Thank you

Back to Maintenance & Repairs  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic
Dynamics Mechanic Pte Ltd

Quick Reply

Tags: kia, kiahard, clutch, pedal, jam and 3 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users