71 replies to this topic | 583 praises

Posted 06 June 2017 - 11:02 AM

Adrianli
    Adrianli

NDP 2017 rehearsal started. This year at Floating Platform.

From my office window :

NDP rehearsal 001.jpg

NDP rehearsal 002.jpg

RH1667, Blueray and Dleodleo praised this

Posted 06 June 2017 - 11:08 AM

No wonder can hear air plane sound at raffles area.

Clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.
Life is very fragile. Nobody knows what's gonna happen next.

Posted 06 June 2017 - 11:12 AM

Adrianli
    Adrianli

No wonder can hear air plane sound at raffles area.

The Jets were too fast for me to capture. Only the slow flying Chinooks and Apache then can capture. [laugh]

Posted 06 June 2017 - 11:16 AM

The application for the NDP tickets open period is so short? Only about 1 week to submit their application? Its already closed two days ago liao!

Posted 06 June 2017 - 11:19 AM

Adrianli
    Adrianli

The application for the NDP tickets open period is so short? Only about 1 week to submit their application? Its already closed two days ago liao!

So fast closed already? My colleague was just asking abt it. Maybe due to limited seats at Floating Platform.

FourZero praised this

Posted 06 June 2017 - 12:00 PM

kykh
    kykh

NDP 2017 rehearsal started. This year at Floating Platform.

From my office window :

attachicon.gifNDP rehearsal 001.jpg

attachicon.gifNDP rehearsal 002.jpg

Wah, good million-dollar view from your office!

My wife and I have been balloting in vain for NDP tickets for the past 7 years as my mother-in-law likes to watch the parades live. Hopefully, she gets to realize her wish this year.

Posted 06 June 2017 - 12:36 PM

So fast closed already? My colleague was just asking abt it. Maybe due to limited seats at Floating Platform.

Dont think so fast even past years when it was held at floating platform le?! This year the application period was from 23 May to 4 Jun only.  :blink:

Posted 06 June 2017 - 02:18 PM

UncleAtas
  • UncleAtas

Miss those times queuing overnight at the national stadium for the NDP tickets. 

Rain or shine singaporeans from all walk of life will be there..

The NDP balloting now days is bulls**t.

Dleodleo praised this
Refer to signature guidelines

Posted 06 June 2017 - 02:34 PM

I have queued only once for the NDP tickets back then with friends, it was very tiring but quite fun. Lol.

Dleodleo praised this

Posted 06 June 2017 - 04:10 PM

Celicar
  • Celicar

That is not the only BS thing about this annual event.

What I find hilarious is how whichever venue is chosen, it is then touted as the most appropriate choice.

Choose the Padang. Wah, the choice is no horse run, very good very good.

Choose the Floating Platform, Super choice, clap clap clap.

Choose the National Stadium. Very meaningful, pat each other on the back, minister smile smile. 

Then the high flyer in charge will go on TV and say how this year's NDP will be different from past NDP, but invariably same same. Which I think in fact is what keeps people coming back, especially the familiar songs.

Posted 06 June 2017 - 04:20 PM

Lala81
  • Lala81

Around there lah. Usually about ten rehearsals before the actual itself. The ndp preview and the one before the preview are almost the full thing besides the fireworks.

Posted 06 June 2017 - 07:46 PM

Watwheels
    Watwheels

I think due to security concerns they will really limit the number of seats this year. Not to scare anyone or spread fear but do enjoy yourself if you happen to get the tickets.

The chosen one will bring balance to the Force...I mean Singapore. Even star wars do not reserve "the chosen one" to a sith lord or a jedi or a wookie.

Posted 06 June 2017 - 09:45 PM

I think due to security concerns they will really limit the number of seats this year. Not to scare anyone or spread fear but do enjoy yourself if you happen to get the tickets.

But i always think if it really happens, it will happens lo, no matter what you have do.

Posted 06 June 2017 - 11:12 PM

Atonchia
  • Atonchia

That is not the only BS thing about this annual event.

What I find hilarious is how whichever venue is chosen, it is then touted as the most appropriate choice.

Choose the Padang. Wah, the choice is no horse run, very good very good.

Choose the Floating Platform, Super choice, clap clap clap.

Choose the National Stadium. Very meaningful, pat each other on the back, minister smile smile.

Then the high flyer in charge will go on TV and say how this year's NDP will be different from past NDP, but invariably same same. Which I think in fact is what keeps people coming back, especially the familiar songs.

Then the BG running the show will eventually resign from Mindef and embark via a private or public route.
Staff69 and Freeder praised this
Be not afraid of moving slowly. Be afraid only of standing still.

Posted 07 June 2017 - 06:15 AM

Pinobii
  • Pinobii

Dont think so fast even past years when it was held at floating platform le?! This year the application period was from 23 May to 4 Jun only. :blink:

Har....so fast close liao? Like didnt read any news about the application leh....disappointing
FourZero, Spring, Angcheek and Mercs praised this

Posted 07 June 2017 - 08:53 AM

Har....so fast close liao? Like didnt read any news about the application leh....disappointing

I think every year no need any news from them de, if anyone is interested in applying for the NDP tickets, maybe should go to their official website to check for details in apr or may?!

Posted 07 June 2017 - 09:05 AM

Kusje
  • Kusje

But i always think if it really happens, it will happens lo, no matter what you have do.

Can always avoid it.

That is all.

Posted 13 June 2017 - 09:00 AM

Karoon
    Karoon

The jets flew about early this morning... Really disrupted the sleep of my argentinian guests at fullerton hotel.
1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 13 June 2017 - 09:02 AM

Adrianli
    Adrianli

The jets flew about early this morning... Really disrupted the sleep of my argentinian guests at fullerton hotel.

Yup heard them too.

But no sight of the helicopters with SG flag yet.

Posted 13 June 2017 - 09:11 AM

The jets indeed flew so early today?!

1 Anonymous member praised this

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Tags: ndp, 2017, fly