Sandblasting and spray painting - shipyard environment

Rustyz

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in this post.

Any expert in shipyard industry with lots is exposure of their car in spraying painting and sand blasting environment can advice if these glass coating and protective film is of any use.

If do glasscoating can still Claybar or what more advance thing to remove the paint stick on to the car paint.

The good old car cover has it limitation.

↡ Advertisement

On a serious note..Try to arrange the sand blasting or painting on Saturday. Alternatively park outside on the common roads if you do know the timings. Generally sandblasting and painting won't take longer than one work day.

(edited)

No use at all.

To remove paint spotting quicker, a customer shared with me using claybar n iron x.

You working near shipyard now?

Thanks boss Bennie.

Then no need throw 2k to boost the economy.

Any photo of ironX. U got sell?

U still in Lifting???

On a serious note..Try to arrange the sand blasting or painting on Saturday. Alternatively park outside on the common roads if you do know the timings. Generally sandblasting and painting won't take longer than one work day.

These day it is a rare scene dont you agree?

No use at all.

To remove paint spotting quicker, a customer shared with me using claybar n iron x.

Thanks boss Bennie.

Then no need throw 2k to boost our economy

U still in lifting?

Edited by Rustyz

Thanks boss Bennie.

U still in Lifting???

Thanks boss Bennie.

U still in lifting?

Not really rare. When economic are back more time will be devoted to construct new hull.

Some major shipyard do carry sandblasting/painting regularly.

No use at all.

Sandblasting/painting still alright. The worst are those cement mixer companies.

Thanks boss Bennie.

U still in Lifting???

Thanks boss Bennie.

U still in lifting?

This is the one..

https://www.optivax.com.sg/products/engine-wheels-tire-shine/optimum-ferrex-iron-remover.html

I run road after oil price plunge....

I have benefitted from this car forum with many good advices from bros here.

So I would like to share my knowledge here.

Background : I work in a Shipyard for last 40 years and own/drive many new cars. Am an enthusiastic on car grooming, waxing sealand, polish, clay etc 

1) No DIY polish nor clay nor any product in current market can remove those blasting and marine paint once its sits onto your car for several hours under hot sun per se.

The blasting (grit blasting mostly) and coating are hard to remove once it get onto your car surface especially under hot sun. Your car surface becomes very rough like sandpaper.  During the painting (coating) is more damaging to your car surface than blasting itself. Not going into too technical here.

You can try those products that make "big claim" and but it’s not going to work.

Recommendation:

1) Always cover up their cars when they parked inside shipyard. 

2) Claying is better than polishing to remove those grit that stick onto your car, but not paint. As polishing remove the Clear coat and it can’t remove those white spot (coating) from your car.

But you have do clay immediately with running water/soapy and NOT park at shipyard few days than clay at weekend, Its not going to work. At times, I lazy to cover my car as I going to park few hours (under 2 hours) , then I clay the same evening when I get home. It works to remove the blasting NOT coating.

3) You can try “hard” polishing but its going to remove more clear coat and after few hard polishing your original paint is “gone”.   

4) When you decide to go for polishing, some company will charge you add say $50 to $100 to get rid of the blasting/coating. 

BTW, during the blasting/coating of a ship, it  takes a few days.  

I am sure many Grooming Product Sellers, Car grooming company etc will disagreed with my comments  above but I would leave it as it and will not engaged them for obvious reasons.

Above just my two cents worth… 

Thanks for reading.

• Praise 1

I think good 10 year never see you already.

I have benefitted from this car forum with many good advices from bros here.

So I would like to share my knowledge here.

Background : I work in a Shipyard for last 40 years and own/drive many new cars. Am an enthusiastic on car grooming, waxing sealand, polish, clay etc

1) No DIY polish nor clay nor any product in current market can remove those blasting and marine paint once its sits onto your car for several hours under hot sun per se.

The blasting (grit blasting mostly) and coating are hard to remove once it get onto your car surface especially under hot sun. Your car surface becomes very rough like sandpaper. During the painting (coating) is more damaging to your car surface than blasting itself. Not going into too technical here.

You can try those products that make "big claim" and but itâs not going to work.

Recommendation:

1) Always cover up their cars when they parked inside shipyard.

2) Claying is better than polishing to remove those grit that stick onto your car, but not paint. As polishing remove the Clear coat and it canât remove those white spot (coating) from your car.

But you have do clay immediately with running water/soapy and NOT park at shipyard few days than clay at weekend, Its not going to work. At times, I lazy to cover my car as I going to park few hours (under 2 hours) , then I clay the same evening when I get home. It works to remove the blasting NOT coating.

3) You can try âhardâ polishing but its going to remove more clear coat and after few hard polishing your original paint is âgoneâ.

4) When you decide to go for polishing, some company will charge you add say $50 to $100 to get rid of the blasting/coating.

BTW, during the blasting/coating of a ship, it takes a few days.

I am sure many Grooming Product Sellers, Car grooming company etc will disagreed with my comments above but I would leave it as it and will not engaged them for obvious reasons.

Above just my two cents worthâ¦

Thanks for reading.

Welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing. Not an diligent person in showering the work
↡ Advertisement