The Oxley Road continuing Saga

Kiario

Turbocharged
(edited)

The 2 of you assume that the facts will side Hsien Loong (based on what I gather from your posts) if he sues.

But maybe he ain't suing because the facts won't be as he portrayed in parly?

According to the script.. he control everything including the judge... why cannot sue. Edited by Joseph22
↡ Advertisement

The 2 of you assume that the facts will side Hsien Loong (based on what I gather from your posts) if he sues.

But maybe he ain't suing because the facts won't be as he portrayed in parly?

If LHL don't sue, creditability of PAP & PM will be tarnished.  That's the ethos of PAP hor.

• Praise 9

Hypersonic

I support sueing... so many emperor had to kill some if not all their Brother to become king.. that is sign of a emperor...

So cannot spare this route...

Supersonic
(edited)

really wtf man this one hahaha

You think what? Ah Goh is gone ah?

No way man, his mind is still sharp as a scalpel.

Everything he says has a subtext. "(TLH) is not my brother" is his only response to LTK's charge about how non-siblings get sued gao gao.

Now, do you *really* think he was disagreeing with LTK? [laugh]

Remember, he was the one who, for no discernible reason whatsoever, brought up the Dhana slapping incident.

And the way he brought it up was surreal - almost dismissive, but why mention it at all? In a national address some more.

You think this is any different? You think GCT has any reason to be "best buds" with LHL, especially as he is already ESM and LHL's lao peh already not in the picture? Hmm? :D

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 4

If lhl had put hand on the AHTC matter which to me was a non-event, I would have sympathized with him on his current situation.

Till now , VB's comical n xia sway attacks still vividly etched in my mind....

Seeing how determined he was to fix the oppo regardless of right or wrong, karma really strikes back to him real big time...

• Praise 6

Hypersonic

this is south east asia, in fact SG is probably the most politically progressive nation in SEA, thats why rich FTs keep putting $ here. As long our neighbours r still doing dumbass things, we will always be better relatively :)

kishore is ok lah i thk hes middle right n no left so theyll deem him as harmless 

I think not anymore.... the Indon's and other foreigners are not "parking" much money now-a-days, Indonesian govt and even Indian govt to certain extent had given some so called Black Money (unaccounted source of funds) amesty; Foreigners are not buying properties much 'cos of ABSD; China govt has also put in capital control outflow measures; Gone are the days private fund bank managers enjoying (though some still are) ; Yes some FT's are coming in and setting up shop here but is it sustainable??

Even banks local as well as private banks have to fill in tons of forms for foreigners to open accounts (unlike in the old days it could be done in a day or two only) nowadays it takes 2-3 months as the US is pushing everyone very hard for complaince for all Banks  and it really enjoys fining them always as what has happened to HSBC, UBS and a few others; (BTW i'm not a Banker)  Which individual will wait for so long and so many docs to submit too and so many personal questions as to source of funds, etc...even with Income Tax Form submission  ; It must be the same in HK also, I guess; Maybe there are some Ali Baba private Banks always around also too circumnavigating this method by opening in another country

So end of the day we cannot rest on our laurels         

• Praise 2

Everything he says has a subtext. "(TLH) is not my brother" is his only response to LTK's charge about how non-siblings get sued gao gao.

Remember, he was the one who, for no discernible reason whatsoever, brought up the Dhana slapping incident.

And the way he brought it up was surreal - almost dismissive, but why mention it at all? In a national address some more.

You think this is any different? You think GCT has any reason to be "best buds" with LHL, especially as he is already ESM and LHL's lao peh already not in the picture? Hmm? :D

Bro, still I call you bro you cannot sue right.

My personal take is Holy Goh isnt exactly treating Mee Siam Mai Hum as a god son.

As long as Mai Hum guy is still PM, he can make life difficult even for Holy Goh.

In Holy Goh's mind, that Mai Hum is one hell of an arrogrant pr.......

In the Mai Hum's mind, that Holy Goh better mind his steps otherwise he will not be Mr Tall anymore.

In the machinery of the ruling party, majority are there for their career, a few with their hearts for Singapore while the rest (lone rangers) waiting for a revolution

I am very surprised that the either saga of clearing the Mai Hum's allegation in parliament without the ability of the accusers being available to answer. To top it off, the entire saga ends with if you are for me, I am cleared but if you are not for me, resign.

Like this, citizens can stomach it and let life goes on. If I were you, go enjoy your zooom zoooom. Let them bear their consequences.

{smile}

• Praise 2

Heh....definitely!

Subliminal

• Praise 1

Well, after all the wayang, still no outcome. So where are we heading to now. Really sad to see such an outcome.

For the very first time, I think (and I say I think and not I feel), that the current PM is weak, and because he is weak, the whole carbinet appears weak. There is an obvious double standard presented, no running away from it, no matter what language is use and what pattern appears.

In the corporate world, the toughest to employ are always relatives, because they are the toughest to dismiss and yet the worst to manage. If you cannot fire, do not hire.

He can be a good elder brother, but he has to keep that in private. He has to decide if he wants to be a good elder brother or a good leader, he cannot be both now.

In history, no great leader is a good sibling or great relative, he is usually lonely, because he puts the big picture before the small ones. So many ministers wish for LHY to look at the big picture, but have they thought of if he had looked at the big picture, there will be no wayang today. LHY has showed handed, there is no turning back and he is all out for battle.

The only person who can put a stop to all these nonsense is none other than the PM himself. He can either carry on with no action talks, trying to defense himself and start losing more faith as the days go by, which will result in losing of votes in the next election.

Or, he sue. Like a real PAP leader, and any great leader, regardless of siblings or opposition party candidate. As far as I am concern, we want to see one standard and leaders walk the talk.

If there is another set of standard, pls keep it from the public.

On the will, I think LHL case is very weak. So he will not sue knowing he has no case.

On the allegations on dishonourable Son and using state resouces to form committee to challenge the will, again it's not a sure win.

In short, even if sue he may not win. Why would he do that? It's easier to say I dun want to sue cos I love my siblings and LKY. But if you truly love your family, why use state resources to Attack their character secretly including insinuations they forged the will? As one of the MPs stated, some people see it as a back door to Attack the siblings and LKY's will, or perhaps the "front door" way is not a sure win?

In short he is not weak. He is smart.

Supersonic

Maybe. And this time he brought up nassim Jade as well lol. As if that saga somehow paints them in a good light.

• Praise 1

Supersonic

Maybe. And this time he brought up nassim Jade as well lol. As if that saga somehow paints them in a good light.

Do you know what Lao Goh "defending" LHL reminded me of?

Lao Grandpa Abe "defending" Homer Simpson. :D

• Praise 1

I think not anymore.... the Indon's and other foreigners are not "parking" much money now-a-days, Indonesian govt and even Indian govt to certain extent had given some so called Black Money (unaccounted source of funds) amesty; Foreigners are not buying properties much 'cos of ABSD; China govt has also put in capital control outflow measures; Gone are the days private fund bank managers enjoying (though some still are) ; Yes some FT's are coming in and setting up shop here but is it sustainable??

Even banks local as well as private banks have to fill in tons of forms for foreigners to open accounts (unlike in the old days it could be done in a day or two only) nowadays it takes 2-3 months as the US is pushing everyone very hard for complaince for all Banks and it really enjoys fining them always as what has happened to HSBC, UBS and a few others; (BTW i'm not a Banker) Which individual will wait for so long and so many docs to submit too and so many personal questions as to source of funds, etc...even with Income Tax Form submission ; It must be the same in HK also, I guess; Maybe there are some Ali Baba private Banks always around also too circumnavigating this method by opening in another country

So end of the day we cannot rest on our laurels

Alipay best for AML, Jack Ma don't control and don't care like Alibaba selling fake stuff on their website , and he will tell you Shenzhen A goods are better quality than the real stuff. That why many bookies and Chinese scam use Alipay.

Thus if you wanna wash money use Alipay, use bank you end up like 1MDB

The slapping incident was mention during Nation Day Rally 2003 by then PM GCT. For those interested? You can read in Nation Archives Singapore at the link below

http://www.nas.gov.sg/archivesonline/speeches/view-html?filename=2003081707.htm

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1