The Oxley Road continuing Saga

Kiario

If these remarks by LWL are true , LHL should reflect deeply if he had gone too far with his actions.

Anyway, no one is perfect and if he's wrong, just be man enough to admit n apologize to his siblings privately.Happy Family , Happy Life..

• Praise 3

Supersonic
Don't know much about him and his sister because they are really very low profile people.

But if such people who stayed so low profiled in almost in their whole lives suddenly sprang up to create such a big commotion, something really bad must have really happened to push them to the limits.

• Praise 4

Don't know much about him and his sister because they are really very low profile people.

But if such people who stayed so low profiled in almost in their whole lives suddenly sprang up to create such a big commotion, something really bad must have really happened to push them to the limits.

lsy is well-known for different reasons lei......he was rather infamous for his Singtel scandal which led him to being 'exiled' in Australia. Mch to his father's chagrin he got involved with a lady from another race...

Supersonic

lsy is well-known for different reasons lei......he was rather infamous for his Singtel scandal which led him to being 'exiled' in Australia. Mch to his father's chagrin he got involved with a lady from another race...ððð. But his wife must be very chio when young looking at her pictures now.

Fact or fiction, no one knows.

A lot of interesting read about the Lee family here. Could be fact, could be fiction.

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/current-affairs-lounge-17/inside-scoop-lee-family-associates-%96-fact-fiction-5003701.html

Actually pm lee also got fault. Things cannot be force if one is not willing to give it on his heart.

When one party not willing and still want to force it to happen and see that's the result.

If pm lee would to do soul searching, he would have realized he is at wrong.

Don't know what teams he come to with lhy and lwl that now they decide to stop posting on social media. Maybe he had come to senses and willing to give in already.

Actually there are still many questions unanswered.

I just read the papers today. While there are evidences that LKY may have agreed to alternative arrangements for the house other than demolishing the house, with the official documents dated in 2011, but what happens during 2011 to 2015 when he passed away?

4 years period, he could have changed his mind again?

Fact or fiction, no one knows.

A lot of interesting read about the Lee family here. Could be fact, could be fiction.

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/current-affairs-lounge-17/inside-scoop-lee-family-associates-%96-fact-fiction-5003701.html

well...it happened in the 90s. Who knows tomorrow lhl might just roll up the carpet and shows the dust under it and so will lhy. Elites still need to use the toilet like us peasants hor! And their dung are just as smelly as our.....lol

Supersonic

well...it happened in the 90s. Who knows tomorrow lhl might just roll up the carpet and shows the dust under it and so will lhy. Elites still need to use the toilet like us peasants hor! And their dung are just as smelly as our.....lol

But what if their toilet bowl is made of gold?
  • Praise 1

But what if their toilet bowl is made of gold?

toilet bowl gold....the thing that goes in and flushed is still the same like ours.....unless they crap gold than we know the outcome in the story of the goose that laid the golden eggs.....hahaha! But that link is a nice read. Somethings remain the same in our dna and some people have the dna of the crying crocodile......hahaha.

Hypersonic
(edited)

lsy is well-known for different reasons lei......he was rather infamous for his Singtel scandal which led him to being 'exiled' in Australia. Mch to his father's chagrin he got involved with a lady from another race...ððð. But his wife must be very chio when young looking at her pictures now.

...... LHL knows about it all... just waiting to take out the skeletons from the cupboard out .... and with that all the dirty linen too

post-157298-0-23631400-1499384452_thumb.jpg

Edited by BanCoe
  • Praise 6

...... LHL knows about it all... just waiting to take out the skeletons from the cupboard out .... and with that all the dirty linen too

Lee to Trump:"you're not my brother."

• Praise 11

(edited)

according to an unkown "logic", Trump (US the A) is "big brother" to everyone in some way ... no? [laugh]

Lee to Trump:"you're not my brother."

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged

Lots of cloak n dagger happened during pre-internet age. Nowadays much harder to hide as info travels in seconds.

I expect many more secret committees as pinky knows he needs to be much more cautious as the next GE is coming up. I'm glad the LHY brought up this sagat as pinky n river green will have less chance to abuse power, if they ever think of doing so again... I mean if ever! :D

• Praise 2

Supersonic
(edited)

I'm not going to belabour this sorry saga, because my opinion is not going to change anything substantive. But I wanted to make a post to bemoan the loss of what could have been.

Lee Hsien Loong, for all his other failings, has an absolutely first rate mathematical mind. He topped his Cambridge tripos class, and the runner-up was miles behind according to Prof Bollobas (a very eminent mathematician who taught LHL and his cohort). The runner-up himself became a world class mathematician, but Prof Bollobas himself said that they all knew who was the better mathematician by far. The professor tried to reason with LKY to persuade him of his eldest son's immense mathematical gift. But LKY stayed resolute in bringing LHL back from academia for a political career. It is possible LKY didn't recognise just how good LHL was at Math, people outside the field often can't really tell just how gifted someone is at the highest levels.

I don't know what LHL thinks about this, but someone who truly loves mathematics would really miss the work and always dream about "what might have been". LHL might even have been a Fields Medal winner if he had stayed in the field.

We all know Asian parents often set rigid expectations of their offspring, especially the eldest male. But sometimes these expectations are counter-productive. A filial son may find himself frustrated by unfulfilled potential.

Perhaps all this could've been avoided if LHL had fulfilled (what I think might have been) his real destiny. And if he had become a mathematician, I'm sure the world would have been the richer for it, with (perhaps) another major unsolved problem being toppled. I love math, and I hate to see great talent wasted. The younger brother is, no doubt, very bright, but I still think he is a lesser light (intellectually speaking) than LHL. Given his success in industry (and anecdotes of his more rugged nature), perhaps he might have been a better pick to enter politics. Or perhaps they should have done away with the notion of elevating a son to the seat of ultimate power - I'm sure someone else in the party could've continued helming the nation. I don't think GCT was exactly averse to the idea of continuing.

I have no idea what LHL himself thinks about how his life has turned out, and whether he too feels this way. Maybe he does, we do know that (at least in the not-too-distant past), he has amused himself by programming in C/C++ (as evidenced by his recently released Sudoku solver), so that shows that he still misses the intellectual stimulation of a math/computing related field. But speaking for myself, I feel that there have been too many missed opportunities and the whole thing has been such a waste.

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 2

Lots of cloak n dagger happened during pre-internet age. Nowadays much harder to hide as info travels in seconds.

I expect many more secret committees as pinky knows he needs to be much more cautious as the next GE is coming up. I'm glad the LHY brought up this sagat as pinky n river green will have less chance to abuse power, if they ever think of doing so again... I mean if ever! :D

Army rules....camouflage! As long as dont get caught everybody is none the wiser.
  • Praise 2

If I were LHL, I would do everything I can to keep the family together, even if it mean I have to step down. Afterall if I so honour my father and made a promise to take care of my siblings when papa is no longer around.

Already financially, they are all many times over rich, their life is all path with road of goal.

I have seen many family fighy over assets of theur parents after they are gone. So in our family, we declare we dont want our parent's asset and they can do whatever they want to do with it.

The Lee family, is no ordinary family, the are role model for many Singaporeans.

• Praise 2

2nd Gear

I'm not going to belabour this sorry saga, because my opinion is not going to change anything substantive. But I wanted to make a post to bemoan the loss of what could have been.

Lee Hsien Loong, for all his other failings, has an absolutely first rate mathematical mind. He topped his Cambridge tripos class, and the runner-up was miles behind according to Prof Bollobas (a very eminent mathematician who taught LHL and his cohort). The runner-up himself became a world class mathematician, but Prof Bollobas himself said that they all knew who was the better mathematician by far. The professor tried to reason with LKY to persuade him of his eldest son's immense mathematical gift. But LKY stayed resolute in bringing LHL back from academia for a political career. It is possible LKY didn't recognise just how good LHL was at Math, people outside the field often can't really tell just how gifted someone is at the highest levels.

I don't know what LHL thinks about this, but someone who truly loves mathematics would really miss the work and always dream about "what might have been". LHL might even have been a Fields Medal winner if he had stayed in the field.

We all know Asian parents often set rigid expectations of their offspring, especially the eldest male. But sometimes these expectations are counter-productive. A filial son may find himself frustrated by unfulfilled potential.

Perhaps all this could've been avoided if LHL had fulfilled (what I think might have been) his real destiny. And if he had become a mathematician, I'm sure the world would have been the richer for it, with (perhaps) another major unsolved problem being toppled. I love math, and I hate to see great talent wasted. The younger brother is, no doubt, very bright, but I still think he is a lesser light (intellectually speaking) than LHL. Given his success in industry (and anecdotes of his more rugged nature), perhaps he might have been a better pick to enter politics. Or perhaps they should have done away with the notion of elevating a son to the seat of ultimate power - I'm sure someone else in the party could've continued helming the nation. I don't think GCT was exactly averse to the idea of continuing.

I have no idea what LHL himself thinks about how his life has turned out, and whether he too feels this way. Maybe he does, we do know that (at least in the not-too-distant past), he has amused himself by programming in C/C++ (as evidenced by his recently released Sudoku solver), so that shows that he still misses the intellectual stimulation of a math/computing related field. But speaking for myself, I feel that there have been too many missed opportunities and the whole thing has been such a waste.

I figured out 1 fault.You didn't ask LKY why choose LHL.

You have your point can just go straight tell him else how he know.

If I were LHL, I would do everything I can to keep the family together, even if it mean I have to step down. Afterall if I so honour my father and made a promise to take care of my siblings when papa is no longer around.

Already financially, they are all many times over rich, their life is all path with road of goal.

I have seen many family fighy over assets of theur parents after they are gone. So in our family, we declare we dont want our parent's asset and they can do whatever they want to do with it.

The Lee family, is no ordinary family, the are role model for many Singaporeans.

Power and greed! It destroys families and friends. Us mere mortals (even the elites) are a weak lot.....mention those 2 and if offered both i am sure we will sell our soul to the devil. Just keep in mind this world is just temporary with many major distractions and be at peace with those around you and you will be in good stead.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1