The Oxley Road continuing Saga

Kiario

What's the point of a will when execution is no guarantee?

LKY's lawyer take money for doing literally nothing?

↡ Advertisement

Supersonic

Lawyer to draft will just cost few hundred bucks leh. 

Plus LKY probably drafted himself.

Thought need 3rd party to verify and effected?

Just  like doctor cannot ownself give ownself mc.

not worth the trouble for that few hundred dollars lol  [laugh]

Will requires two witnesses who have no material benefit arising from the will.  You don't need a lawyer to draft.  You can ownself write a will.

Oh?  I though doctor can ownself give ownself mc?  I mean he / she can diagnose the symptoms and prescribe ownself right?

Hypersonic

That's the whole point of contention mah. The will can't be executed because LHL wants to preserve, to further his political agenda as what LWL is contending.

• Praise 1

My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!

It was my favourite poem in secondary school.  "Round the colossal wreck, round the decay, the lone and level sands stretch far away."

And no, I didn't use google.   [laugh]

• Praise 4

Turbocharged

Wait..did I read wrongly that the elite family is relocating?

Kns....after milking the country so much (Singtel CEO etc) now fleeing run road at the first sign of trouble? [thumbsdown]

He already oversea for donkeys years Liao.. why u so surprise??
  • Praise 1

Picture for people to see the snapshot.

attachicon.gifScreenshot_20170614-082459.png

This is no good.. Family should help out in each other, not the other way round. Haiz..

Maybe instead of publicly saying the have no confidence in pm lee.. Why not talk to pm lee privately since they are as a family. Try their best to convince pm lee what they think should be the right way to go.

By publicly post all these to let public see is really no good even if they believe it's for good for singapore as a whole.

Already engaged lawyer, nothing to discuss liao.

This is a family matter. They are probably tired of being pressed by political power after so long that they decide to blew this up to the public so that the pressure can be directed back to LHL.

To me, LKY's legacy will always be there, I believe every Singaporean who knew him as a PM will always acknowledge and appreciate his  effort in building the nation. House or no house.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!

ChehI thought you meant this king... [laugh] post-72182-0-72865600-1497409587_thumb.jpg

Turbocharged

Some say LKY is public figure... a legend in Singapore he got no personal right..

But I think it's better to demolish the place...

Already engaged lawyer, nothing to discuss liao.

This is a family matter. They are probably tired of being pressed by political power after so long that they decide to blew this up to the public so that the pressure can be directed back to LHL.

To me, LKY's legacy will always be there, I believe every Singaporean who knew him as a PM will always acknowledge and appreciate his effort in building the nation. House or no house.

Not all. At least Amos Yee is not one of them.

Can prescribe  and dispense ownself but cannot give ownself mc. So you seldom see doctors taking mc unless they cannot get out of bed.

MC is a legal document.

Will requires two witnesses who have no material benefit arising from the will.  You don't need a lawyer to draft.  You can ownself write a will.

Oh?  I though doctor can ownself give ownself mc?  I mean he / she can diagnose the symptoms and prescribe ownself right?

• Praise 1

Some say LKY is public figure... a legend in Singapore he got no personal right..

But I think it's better to demolish the place...

Not all. At least Amos Yee is not one of them.ðð

Thats why he's in deep trouble now. Lol.

Supersonic

not worth the trouble for that few hundred dollars lol  [laugh]

Actually standard template will costs about 200-300 dollars. lky's one probably needs customization so more expensive.

But if you think about it, he will need to dictate his wishes to the lawyer anyway so it might be easier to write it himself.

No need. Can write yourself but need witnesses when signing. 

For old man like LKY whose will is likely to be disputed, best to get a psychologist to be the witness so people cannot say you were not of sane mind when writing the will.

After all that LKY has done for Singapore, can we Singaporeans grant him one of his last request?

It is evident he has gone through all measures necessary and thought through all possible outcomes to ensure that his home will be demolished. With good reason as well. The demolition certainly benefits Singapore in the longer term.

• Praise 1

Supersonic

After all that LKY has done for Singapore, can we Singaporeans grant him one of his last request?

It is evident he has gone through all measures necessary and thought through all possible outcomes to ensure that his home will be demolished. With good reason as well. The demolition certainly benefits Singapore in the longer term.

Are there any Singaporeans who are saying that they die die want to keep the house? Why are you appealing to us?

Write to hsien loong la. 

Lee Wei Ling & Lee Hsien Yang slams PM Lee at 3am – in his sleep

https://observer.news/singapore/lee-wei-ling-lee-hsien-yang-slams-lee-hsien-loong/

What's the significance of this 3 am thing?

You mean if they wrote it at 3 pm, he can somehow get facebook to delete their post before anyone sees it?

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Rich family often has such feud, it's always about the money. Some wants to sell to have a share of the money, and others don't want to. Lky will be very disappointed to know this is happening.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1