BMW 6 Series Gran Turismo

inlinesix

http://www.bmwblog.com/2017/06/13/world-premiere-2018-bmw-6-series-gran-turismo/

BMW Personal CoPilot

The BMW 6 Series Gran Turismo is the first BMW with a standard Active Driving Assistant. This system brings a multitude of driving assistant functions made possible through the use of cameras, radars, and ultrasonic sensors that monitor the vehicle’s surroundings. The Active Driving Assistant includes Active Blind Spot Detection, Lane Departure Warning, Daytime Pedestrian Protection, Frontal Collision Warning w/City Collision Mitigation, Speed Limit Info, and Cross-traffic alert rear. The optional Driving Assistant Plus Package also adds Active Cruise Control with Stop & Go, Active Lane Keeping Assistant with Side Collision Avoidance, Traffic Jam Assistant, Evasion Aid and Cross-traffic alert front.

Profit margin for bread & butter model is getting thinner.

Have to use these niche model to supplement profit shortfall.

Hypersonic

Profit margin for bread & butter model is getting thinner.

Have to use these niche model to supplement profit shortfall.

niche models are highly possible the loss making ones  (not compare with other atas brands eg rolls, which are already in the niche market)

volume too small to cover all the r&d, manufacturing and many other costs

i tot bmw/merc are trying to stream down the variants

niche models are highly possible the loss making ones  (not compare with other atas brands eg rolls, which are already in the niche market)

volume too small to cover all the r&d, manufacturing and many other costs

i tot bmw/merc are trying to stream down the variants

G32 6GT is based on G30 which minimise R&D cost.

I don't think these manufacturer is streaming down the variants.

Rather they might be streaming up like forecoming X7

I have only one suggestion to Audis, BMWs, MBs - please increase the font size of the models by which only we can differentiate your models these days!

The characteristics of a 6 series are all gone.

There was a time when 3,5,7 was all you need. 3 for the young executive, 5 for the middle manager, and 7 for the towkay. Then BMW start slotting numbers in between, everything looks the same now.

Now 1 is the budget hatchback, 2 is a shorter 3 with 2 doors, 4 is in between 3 and 5 in size, 6 is the coupe but soon to be replaced by 8.

They can probably throw away 2 and 4 series from their lineup.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Look like a 5-series with the 3GT behind but still a bit lumpy like the old 5GT.

Still, I like it, to be honest.

The characteristics of a 6 series are all gone.

There was a time when 3,5,7 was all you need. 3 for the young executive, 5 for the middle manager, and 7 for the towkay. Then BMW start slotting numbers in between, everything looks the same now.

Now 1 is the budget hatchback, 2 is a shorter 3 with 2 doors, 4 is in between 3 and 5 in size, 6 is the coupe but soon to be replaced by 8.

They can probably throw away 2 and 4 series from their lineup.

In 70s, got 3, 5, 6, & 7

In 80s, got 3, 5, 7 & 8

In 90s, got 3, 5 & 7

In 2000s, got 1, 3, 5 & 7

in 2010s, got 1 - 8

↡ Advertisement