• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
49 replies to this topic | 82 praises

Posted 15 June 2017 - 08:39 PM

Sdf4786k
  • Premium member
    Sdf4786k
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Wonder if it will arrive with the 1.6T

Looks hot and at least is able to compete with the Mazda CX3 and the Toyota CH-R

Edited by Sdf4786k, 15 June 2017 - 08:39 PM.

BanCoe praised this

Posted 16 June 2017 - 12:16 AM

7hm
  • Premium member
    7hm
    Turbocharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Looks kind of strange relative to the rest of the line up

Like it doesn't fit in, just trying to throw in a 'different looking' model to bite into the hip mini XO segment

Face reminds me of the Juke and Citroen Picasso somehow.

Driving car, not funny, bid for car with COE, ERP, road tax, PARF until you want to barf

Dabbler in digital graphics, computer assembly, tech and photography.
「さぁ、今、手を伸ばして 」

Posted 16 June 2017 - 12:34 AM

Jamesc
  • Premium member
    Jamesc
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Looks like got double eyes.

:D

e501335fce8b09b2f2250c465135a5d6.jpg

Say no to harsh artificial chemicals

that pollute the earth

and go natural. [thumbsup]

Posted 16 June 2017 - 10:34 AM

Sdf4786k
  • Premium member
    Sdf4786k
    6th Gear
    Author Image

with so much light coming into the rear view mirror, I bet the road hogged will get the F#$% out of your way when you high beam.

Posted 16 June 2017 - 10:39 AM

Kevinhwc
  • Premium member
    Kevinhwc
    1st Gear
    Author Image

not my cup of tea... dun't really like the design.

1 Anonymous member praised this
2016 - Now - Optima K5 (2016)
2009 - 2016 - Cerato Forte

Posted 16 June 2017 - 11:25 AM

Daniu82
  • Premium member
    Daniu82
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

If KMC priced it well, with good specs and features, I think it will do better than CX-3 (heard that it's not selling well) but cannot confirm when compared to Vezel/HRV (lots of them on the roads) or CHR (small rear seats)

Posted 16 June 2017 - 01:49 PM

Kar_lover
  • Premium member
    Kar_lover
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Wonder if it will arrive with the 1.6T

Looks hot and at least is able to compete with the Mazda CX3 and the Toyota CH-R

Maybe will come with 1.4T instead (hopefully not more than $120k). If come with 1.6T it will cannibalise Tucson 1.6T. 

Posted 16 June 2017 - 02:10 PM

Kar_lover
  • Premium member
    Kar_lover
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Face reminds me of the Juke and Citroen Picasso somehow.

Yes but IMO its nicer than both of those. 

Posted 16 June 2017 - 04:30 PM

7hm
  • Premium member
    7hm
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Yes but IMO its nicer than both of those. 

hard to be worse than the juke  [laugh]

Kar_lover and teomingern praised this
Driving car, not funny, bid for car with COE, ERP, road tax, PARF until you want to barf

「さぁ、今、手を伸ばして 」

Posted 18 June 2017 - 11:03 AM

Sdf4786k
  • Premium member
    Sdf4786k
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Maybe will come with 1.4T instead (hopefully not more than $120k). If come with 1.6T it will cannibalise Tucson 1.6T. 

Yesterday ST reported most likely comes with the 1.6T.

If it does and is cheaper then the VW tiguan, maybe a worthwhile consideration.

Posted 19 June 2017 - 08:10 AM

Kar_lover
  • Premium member
    Kar_lover
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Yesterday ST reported most likely comes with the 1.6T.

If it does and is cheaper then the VW tiguan, maybe a worthwhile consideration.

Will most definitely be cheaper than Tiguan ($163k+, almost Q3 territory). And Tiguan is more of a Tucson-size car.

As for pricing, let see some internal and external competitors:

Veloster 1.6T is $122k (don't think this is a sustainable price)

Tucson 1.6T is $119k (base model)

Mazda CX3 2.0 is $110k (base model, crazy cheap due to promo, list price $130k)

Honda HRV is $110k (not using vezel to keep it AD to AD comparison)

C-HR is $120k++ (overpriced if you ask me)

QQ 1.2T is $106k 

So for Kona i guess will be around $110k to around $118k for the full version...and maybe down the road they will bring in a "base" version and price it $5k cheaper. After all it was supposed to compete with HRV, C-HR and CX3. And although Kona design quite interesting somehow if the pricing too close to the Tucson i think people will still buy Tucson for more space and more road presence.

KoreanLover praised this

Posted 19 June 2017 - 08:14 AM

Daniu82
  • Premium member
    Daniu82
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Will most definitely be cheaper than Tiguan ($163k+, almost Q3 territory). And Tiguan is more of a Tucson-size car.

As for pricing, let see some internal and external competitors:

Veloster 1.6T is $122k (don't think this is a sustainable price)

Tucson 1.6T is $119k (base model)

Mazda CX3 2.0 is $110k (base model, crazy cheap due to promo, list price $130k)

Honda HRV is $110k (not using vezel to keep it AD to AD comparison)

C-HR is $120k++ (overpriced if you ask me)

QQ 1.2T is $106k 

So for Kona i guess will be around $110k to around $118k for the full version...and maybe down the road they will bring in a "base" version and price it $5k cheaper. After all it was supposed to compete with HRV, C-HR and CX3. And although Kona design quite interesting somehow if the pricing too close to the Tucson i think people will still buy Tucson for more space and more road presence.

If really priced at 110 to 120k, the price will be too close to Tucson. Max price should be around 115k. Too bad I already got my car, if not this car might be into my consideration (due to the size and power). 

Posted 19 June 2017 - 08:28 AM

Kar_lover
  • Premium member
    Kar_lover
    Supercharged
    Author Image

If really priced at 110 to 120k, the price will be too close to Tucson. Max price should be around 115k. Too bad I already got my car, if not this car might be into my consideration (due to the size and power). 

Yeah agree but the thing is based on sgcarmart info, Veloster Turbo total cost (before profit) is around $99k. For Tucson 1.6T is $102k So i don't think Kona will be much less than that since its a newer model with newer/better features than Veloster. So with around $100k cost, if they sell at $115k their profit per car is a bit low especially for a new model. Of course i hope it will be as cheap as possible as I am planning to change ride next year and this is high on my list. Also waiting to see if got next gen Sonata 1.6T and maybe even Elantra turbo.

Daniu82 praised this

Posted 21 June 2017 - 08:17 PM

Orangee
  • Premium member
    Orangee
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

KIA STONIC already in.😱
KMC need to really confirm those spec and bring it in real soon.
Competitive result in improvement! End user will gain more. Hopefully. 😂

Posted 22 June 2017 - 09:57 PM

teomingern
  • Premium member
    teomingern
    5th Gear
    Author Image

hard to be worse than the juke [laugh]

Exactly... it's a straight fight between the Juke and the Prius... ugliest car on the planet...

Posted 22 June 2017 - 10:25 PM

Friendstar
  • Friendstar
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Prius is ridiculous.

Toyota is really trying too hard.

I think the current altis is a very good balance

Posted 23 June 2017 - 09:25 AM

Sdf4786k
  • Premium member
    Sdf4786k
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Prius is ridiculous.

Toyota is really trying too hard.

I think the current altis is a very good balance

the new camry also quite nice looking. 

Wonder why they dont bring in the Mark X 2.0T to replace the Camry.. that would give the VW passat a run for the money.. rear wheel drive 2.0T and jap reliability.. 

Posted 23 June 2017 - 10:47 PM

teomingern
  • Premium member
    teomingern
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Wonder why they dont bring in the Mark X 2.0T to replace the Camry.. that would give the VW passat a run for the money.. rear wheel drive 2.0T and jap reliability.. 

Mark X is JDM... Japan Domestic Model only... so not available through official channels... the Japs like to segregate their markets...

Posted 29 June 2017 - 12:11 AM

iphone8
  • iphone8
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

hopefully it will about elantra pricing. definitely below $100k based on current coe level.

Posted 29 June 2017 - 03:24 AM

7hm
  • Premium member
    7hm
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Mark X is as mentioned a JDM model typically, further more the new Camry is on the NGA platform which is newer. Plus the fact it is RWD is a bad point because it would then compete with Lexus sales, which is not something BM would want to do. 

「さぁ、今、手を伸ばして 」

Back to Korean Talk  ·  Car Brands Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Also tagged with these keywords: hyundai , kona , tucson , 1.6t

Tags: hyundai, kona, tucson, 1.6t

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users