Hyundai Kona

Sdf4786k

just got mine on Saturday. Pulse Red, 1.0TGDI roaming in Tampines. real great drive. haven't been driving manual since gotten my license a good 11years so yet to really push it.

those drivers who got theirs, don't mind sharing your gear shift timing and limit?

↡ Advertisement

Thanks for the tip! A few thousand do seem quite expensive though, especially if its just the top.

I might go for a black sticker - will need to see samples first, if looks to unnatural then I'll probably just forgo.

just to clarify, if you are talking about spraying the top on a kona, the top isn't just the roof but includes the rear spoiler, the pillars and the side mirrors. and if it is to be done by komoco, $1000-$2000 is ok. however, cheaper option in the case of wrapping will do too. do consider the pros and the cons between the 2 options, then make your decision.

(edited)

when collecting your car, just walk over to komoco service centre and get a quotation.

or look for ahä» (komoco workshop man) directly, he will give you a quotation on the spot.

not sure what range you are looking at but it should be just a few thousands, and minimally a week downtime.

if you love a black top, do a spray, you wouldn't regret it.

few thousand and a week downtime would be more like respraying the entire car... if just spray the top section, should only be a few hundred instead and takes 1-2 days, depending on the paint workshop you go to (just shop around) and whether they carrot chop..

Edited by Coolant
  • Praise 1

I have not seen any anywhere on the roads so far. I love how rare it is!

Can't wait to collect my ride hopefully by end of the month.

By the way, anyone else finds that the Tangerine Comet color on the brochure quite misleading? It looks more bright chilli red, than orange on the brochure.

It looks more like red to me from further away & more orangy only when near or when bright light shines on it.

Anyway, i think most of the kona colors look better in real life than in brouchers/photos.  The lagoon blue unit in the showroom looks good too but the same color in youtube videos, not so much.

post-212871-0-38468800-1525186447_thumb.jpeg

• Praise 2

Hypersonic
(edited)

Our Kona is ‘For Europe’ and not ‘Except Europe’.

If you guys read the manual, do not pump 92 thinking ours is ‘Except Europe’.

The recommended grade is 95.

Edited by Fcw75

(edited)

It looks more like red to me from further away & more orangy only when near or when bright light shines on it.

Anyway, i think most of the kona colors look better in real life than in brouchers/photos. The lagoon blue unit in the showroom looks good too but the same color in youtube videos, not so much.

yeah, i had the chance to see the pulse red and tangerine comet colors at the showroom and basement carpark too.. in summary:

pulse red = darker metallic red (looks similar to fiery red on the elantra and i30)

tangerine comet = lighter metallic red (with some hint of orangey hue at certain angles).

i guess the difference is best observed under daylight.

Edited by Coolant
  • Praise 1

Now that we are talking about color, I find Hyundai's color naming convention misleading.

Acid Yellow is green while Lake Silver is blue. I mentioned earlier Tangerine Comet looked red to me. I also find Ceramic Blue actually looks green...

• Praise 1

1st Gear

Thanks for the tip! A few thousand do seem quite expensive though, especially if its just the top.

I might go for a black sticker - will need to see samples first, if looks too unnatural then I'll probably just forgo.

Should be less than a thousand. Talk to your SE. Better to do it with Komoco. It will still be covered under warranty.

I had mine done by them. 

Now that we are talking about color, I find Hyundai's color naming convention misleading.

Acid Yellow is green while Lake Silver is blue. I mentioned earlier Tangerine Comet looked red to me. I also find Ceramic Blue actually looks green...

Acid yellow does look green. Lake Silver does look silver to me. Perhaps it may be due to the lighting.

As for Tangerine Comet, it looks orange or red, depending on the amount of lighting. Pulse red will give a more mature look.

• Praise 1

Acid yellow does look green. Lake Silver does look silver to me. Perhaps it may be due to the lighting.

As for Tangerine Comet, it looks orange or red, depending on the amount of lighting. Pulse red will give a more mature look.

Mine looks bluish.  The rim would give a good reference of silver.

I am quite pleased with how this color turned out.  My 1st choice was actually Velvet Dune but was told the system couldn't accept an order for that color.  So, I went for my 2nd choice, lake silver.  My wife was nagging me then to choose Tangerine Comet.

post-212871-0-10451900-1525274688_thumb.png

Hypersonic
(edited)

Mine looks bluish. The rim would give a good reference of silver.

I am quite pleased with how this color turned out. My 1st choice was actually Velvet Dune but was told the system couldn't accept an order for that color. So, I went for my 2nd choice, lake silver. My wife was nagging me then to choose Tangerine Comet.

Haha, your 2 choices are the same as mine.

I wanted lake silver but in the end, I took velvet dune.

Yes yours looks blueish.

Edited by Fcw75

Haha, your 2 choices are the same as mine.

I wanted lake silver but in the end, I took velvet dune.

Yes yours looks blueish.

Well, I think we are probably around the same age.  40+?  Sorry if I guessed wrongly.

I got 5 "Dislikes" for my post #562 above. I wonder why...

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

Well, I think we are probably around the same age. 40+? Sorry if I guessed wrongly.

I got 5 "Dislikes" for my post #562 above. I wonder why...

Haha yes Bro, you are right.

Hypersonic

Hey bro can share the qoo10 link?

The seller stop selling liao.

Have to buy from eBay but much more ex.

bro, i just got mine. wanted to know if you went for your 5k servicing? and if you did, did you change EO?

5k servicing doesn't change the engine oil but some super minor servicing which can be skipped totally.

Got this "feedback" for the 5 "Dislikes" on post #562...

The picture is taken of the test drive car @ Komoco showroom.  See the number plate with the 1 from this review:

http://www.sgcarmart.com/news/review.php?AID=1293

Just can't believe some people here.

Someone mistook the Kona at Alexandra showroom that was meant for test drive as yours? Wow

Private property, it can be parked over 2 lanes too. Lol

Ok, now Alexandra showroom have at least 2 Kona 1.0, one for test drive (ceramic blue) and one for display (blue lagoon).
There are still some "anyhow parked", not sure 1.0 or 1.6.
  • Praise 1

Current discussion

1. Magnetic Window Shades

2. Paint Protection

3. Rear Boot Cover

To bros planning to buy the boot/cargo cover, I would like to check how you are going to mount the cover into place.  Typically, the cover would clip onto the pins behind the back seats (that I circled with red in the picture attached below).  I noticed our kona 1.0 doesn't have those.  So, I wonder how we could mount the boot cover.

Thanks.

post-212871-0-54263800-1525534524_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement