Carbon82

Supersonic

If still go lower until thng kor, I buy my colleague car and renew coe

Buy more than one!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged
(edited)

Cat A dropped around 7K (52K to 45K) since april. but does not seem like a lot of ppl rush in...

May 2nd bidding, Cat A dropped from 51K to 46.5 K (with 2600 bids). so 700 unsuccessful bids

but June 1st bidding, Cat A dropped to 45K  (with 2200 bids),  this round is 2300 bids but dropped further to 42.8K...

I always believe the demand for these few years is by private hire. Not many people have the 30/40% cash for the down payment. Once the Private hire sector is saturated, which is already showing, the trend will go downwards. 

Edited by Dafansu
  • Praise 3

(edited)

COE will continue to fall. This job market and economy is horrible. It's a no brainer. Better stay away IF NOT kena trapped by falling knife. Like those Bros who got their certs at 55k

MAS will chut stun to support the prices soon.

You got your coe at 90k?

First, CONGRATS to those who have secured their COEs! [bounce2][bounce2]

my anticipation is up. why? because after two down, dealers lower their price, the reduced price will appeared "so cheap" to the potential buyers, all chiong in to place order, next round COE bidding you an see all the down got wiped out within 1 exercise .

How do you reason the 90k to 50k plunge then? Huh Edited by Perspectivism
  • Praise 1

Cat A dropped around 7K (52K to 45K) since april. but does not seem like a lot of ppl rush in...

May 2nd bidding, Cat A dropped from 51K to 46.5 K (with 2600 bids). so 700 unsuccessful bids

but June 1st bidding, Cat A dropped to 45K  (with 2200 bids),  this round is 2300 bids but dropped further to 42.8K...

SG economy isnt v good lately, i believe many ppl is holding on to cash or other commitments

cheap FT replacing Singaporeans =(

Singaporean guy has NS liability, family commitment etc. 

• Praise 3

SG economy isnt v good lately, i believe many ppl is holding on to cash or other commitments

What abt those buying condo n landed properties

and having overseas holidays............ Time are real bad

• Praise 1

Getting ready to buy my coupe too!

Drop more!

COE will continue to fall. This job market and economy is horrible. It's a no brainer. Better stay away IF NOT kena trapped by falling knife. Like those Bros who got their certs at 55k
You got your coe at 90k?
How do you reason the 90k to 50k plunge then? Huh

Supercharged

looks like all money go to bet on "Lee" or "Lees", nobody buying car liao.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

School holiday lah....

Many out of town.

I just work up.

[:p]

• Praise 1

COE will continue to fall. ............

....How do you reason the 90k to 50k plunge then? Huh

The 90k and 70k was because COE quota per month was capped at less than 1,000 per CAT. Since 2015 COE quota has increased to more than 2,000 per month ,  COE price came down as a effect, ....gradually but at very slow pace.  Looking back at last two recent years, COE price has been stagnant for a long time, down 2k , next up 3 k etc. Yes it was partly due to the easing  of loan plus Uber/G effect that were limit the fall. Now the situation should stabilize without U/G, if given sufficient time, COE should come down.....slowly again. BUT a very big BUT is  , there is not enough runway for COE to come down slowly, there is 6 more months into the new VEP,  people will rush in to buy once price drops a little, before we realise price is slightly lower, COE quota in 2018 is going to go into contraction. It will create another round of fear and panic(kia xu) buying. no way the current sub 50K COE  would mirror the 90k fall.

Hope I have explained the past trend and my perception of future  COE trend  correctly. Anyway, i am not in the hurry too. As i said i am returning one COE by end this month. I will wait and see. 

• Praise 1

Supersonic

Coe drop it is due to private hire companies did not bid?

• Praise 1

Supercharged
(edited)

Faster buy more cars. Average down.

As in buying stocks, this may be as good as trying to catch a falling knife and throwing good money after bad ;) However, unlike undervalued stocks that may appreciate over time when their values are realized by the market, cars are depreciating assets no matter how cheaply they can be bought :)

Edited by kykh
  • Praise 1

Ferrari price is quoted without COE, dont see wrongly bro. Haha.

But which brand ? Let all boycott them.

haha, if able to buy Ferrari, i wouldn't care about COE price....

Mazda 6 price has dropped that much tho...

Supersonic

Once Cat A PQP goes to < $45k, would there be a surge in renewals ?

Surely people would be tempted to renew coe for their cars when PQP is much lower now.

Surely people would be tempted to renew coe for their cars when PQP is much lower now.

Yup, and that has an impact on the quota for the next quarter. 

iirc, around 20 - 25% of the COEs went to renewals in 2016. 

• Praise 1

Lai ah lai ah...let me start the ball rolling ah.  COE will drop to $5 ah....whose with me?  Even if drop to $1k COE, I will still wait until the Kobe Beef come home.  When it reaches $5, I go to P.I. and order my 3rd car(weekend car 1.0L hybrid one).

↡ Advertisement