Slamstop in singapore

Jq1988

Anyone used this gadget before? Please review. Thinking to upgrade my harrier with such function. Look cool!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

(edited)

Checking, I believe the company also mcf client. Any sharing experiences?

http://www.sgcarmart.com/products/overview.php?ID=11260

Possibilities of getting discount for 4 doors installed.

I will never compromise the safety of my passengers, if can upgrade in term of safety, I will try my best. But price? Function? And practicality?

Edited by Jq1988

(edited)

As the driver, I think it is my duty to make sure that all doors are properly latched before moving off.

Xtreme, an audio accessories shop is installing them. I see it from their facebook page. You can check them out.

Edited by Ichibawa
  • Praise 3

Cutting through the doors, it may weaken the structure or cause leakage.  I won't do it.

Some cars can be retrofitted with OEM soft closing.

• Praise 3

Cutting through the doors, it may weaken the structure or cause leakage.  I won't do it.

Some cars can be retrofitted with OEM soft closing.

Agree!!

This product has been around for a while already. I was looking at this last year and decided not to go for it - not cheap and the drilling/cutting scares me off. Plus i am not confident that the audio installers (at the shop i went to) will do a good job aligning the mechanisms.

Here's a vid on the installation process.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTlvtrhYVcU

Brave souls might/could give this product a shot and provide some feedback :)

• Praise 4

(edited)

I am very interested but as mentioned, need those whom have installed to share the quality, workmanship and reliabilities. Look damn cool...but concern on reliability. Need more reviews and sharing here...from expert or users

Edited by Jq1988
  • Praise 1

Wait tomorrow if got accident and door safety compromised or kenna bang..... will insurance pay???? 

I think they want stock car condition; if orignally factory fitted should be not an issue

ANy way whats wrong with a good old fashion  "thud" ...... best is stay away from all this gadgets.... they require battery power too; battery draining even when engaged   

• Praise 4

Wait tomorrow if got accident and door safety compromised or kenna bang..... will insurance pay????

I think they want stock car condition; if orignally factory fitted should be not an issue

ANy way whats wrong with a good old fashion "thud" ...... best is stay away from all this gadgets.... they require battery power too; battery draining even when engaged

I am not against old fashion, some time it is more effective and less trouble as well as reliable. I am exploring. From the video, the gadget has never compromise the actual lock system but provides more comfortable ride to car users. Just checking the reliability, warranty and how does it affect the users instead.

We got to try out new things if it is here to provide greater comfort to people. No harm exploring and getting to know more. Just reminded me when I was staying in hdb with my children. If I never studied and further studies. I believe I am still an old lorry driver now in Keppel, they also don't want me. Thanks to them, I get more benefits and move on better in life. Being good example to my children to forge stronger future. Now no sharing block with people yet having peaceful life enjoying my ride. Though old but still useful, though tired but still looking forward to brighter days. Never stop learning!

Sorry about the Long story....

• Praise 1

Waste time device. More stuff to spoil.

Mind sharing your experience using such gadget. How long you have been using it?

It's a Soft Door Opener that Singaporeans really need.

Mind sharing your soft door opener?

It's my habit to check for any red icons Eg, seat belt, door ajar, handbrake on my dashboard before lifting my leg off the foot brake. . Never have such problem for 14yrs of driving.. Don't be over-dependant on technology when it comes to safety.. Just my 2 cents worth.

• Praise 3