• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
127 replies to this topic | 79 praises

Posted 27 June 2017 - 12:03 PM

Fishycat
  • Fishycat
    2nd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

New small sized SUV SEAT Arona

1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 27 June 2017 - 04:12 PM

7hm
  • Premium member
    7hm
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Maybe like a CrossPolo lol.

Driving car, not funny, bid for car with COE, ERP, road tax, PARF until you want to barf

Dabbler in digital graphics, computer assembly, tech and photography.
「さぁ、今、手を伸ばして 」

Posted 07 January 2018 - 02:20 AM

DACH
  • DACH
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Now launched in Singapore.

Selling at SGD97,400.

I think it aims squarely at Opel Crossland. 

Dream car: Lamborghini Murcielago 6.2

Posted 09 January 2018 - 04:33 PM

Wen
  • Wen
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Wondering how much is the FR gonna cost... if below $108k then will be a good value buy

Posted 10 January 2018 - 11:19 PM

DACH
  • DACH
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

First views...  :a-good:

39585021802_d97fe02777_k.jpg

25743341298_c586cf4c99_k.jpg

Posted 11 January 2018 - 10:05 AM

Wen
  • Wen
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

How much is the FR Arona ?

Posted 12 January 2018 - 09:08 PM

dawnocean
  • dawnocean
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Arona Style $98,400
Arona FR $104,400

Posted 12 January 2018 - 09:15 PM

Brass
  • Premium member
    Brass
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Now launched in Singapore.

Selling at SGD97,400.

I think it aims squarely at Opel Crossland.

So the struggle is between Peugeot and Volkswagen group cars ..
I am in control of my life,and I lead it like how I want to.

Posted 12 January 2018 - 09:27 PM

Sopskysalat
  • Sopskysalat
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

So the struggle is between Peugeot and Volkswagen group cars ..

I will take VW. Yes DSG fear but VW cars has tons of technical support online and workshop relative to PSA cars.

Posted 13 January 2018 - 06:19 PM

Brass
  • Premium member
    Brass
    5th Gear
    Author Image

I will take VW. Yes DSG fear but VW cars has tons of technical support online and workshop relative to PSA cars.

Unless you are an African using Peugeot 405 in North Africa...i will go with VW everyday.
JX83 praised this
I am in control of my life,and I lead it like how I want to.

Posted 02 June 2018 - 09:39 PM

Tlevel
  • Tlevel
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Any one own/waiting for their arona? Have yet to see one on the road yet.

If yes, mind sharing your drive experience and servicing cost? Really like it a lot but just afraid of the resale price in the future.

Posted 02 June 2018 - 10:01 PM

Wen
  • Wen
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

I test drove it, feels like any VW 1.0 but the build quality is not near VW but still good enough. Plastic panel feels cheap but that's where your saving comes from.

Arona FR now is 104k from 98k few months ago. 104K for a taller and longer Ibiza seems a bit too costly. 

Posted 03 June 2018 - 12:17 AM

DACH
  • DACH
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

So far, I only seen one on the roads.

Posted 03 June 2018 - 01:02 AM

Hamburger
  • Premium member
    Hamburger
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

went and sat in.

not comparable to VW make. Maybe Skoda

do to others what you want others to do to you......

Posted 03 June 2018 - 11:24 PM

Wen
  • Wen
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

went and sat in.

not comparable to VW make. Maybe Skoda

Any entry level Skoda is still better than the Arona/Ibiza interior quality... maybe only the Ateca onwards is better to compare with Skoda sort of quality. 

Posted 04 June 2018 - 07:46 AM

Hamburger
  • Premium member
    Hamburger
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Any entry level Skoda is still better than the Arona/Ibiza interior quality... maybe only the Ateca onwards is better to compare with Skoda sort of quality. 

i was in a rapid. Its no better if you ask me.

do to others what you want others to do to you......

Posted 16 July 2018 - 12:13 AM

Wen
  • Wen
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

i was in a rapid. Its no better if you ask me.

I had a chance to try out Rapid (the higher end one that cost $95k) , i feel its better than FR in terms of the plastic at door side and dash top. Not a lot better, but better enough to tell the different. 

Its a close call, one is Skoda with backing from VCS , while SEAT is from a rather unknown company that is successful in other biz. 

Looks wise i like FR , but if u incl warranty, support, fitting quality...  Skoda might hv a upper hand.

But i guess its up to individual which one they go, wont go too wrong... both cars are fun n cheap to run+drive. 

Posted 17 July 2018 - 09:01 PM

Keepmoving
  • Keepmoving
    Clutched
    Author Image

I ordered an Arona FR in Jan and got it in May. I just took it up to Penang (with a side trip to Genting) - the car is plenty powerful enough for the trip, even passing most cars on the drive up to Genting. Handling was secure (tho no fun at all), roadholding good, ride was generally ok, and noise was intrusive only if you break the speed limit. I’m quite pleased with it overall - I’d be happy to share more if anyone’s interested. Overall about 6litres/100km.
Wen praised this

Posted 17 July 2018 - 09:45 PM

Wen
  • Wen
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

I ordered an Arona FR in Jan and got it in May. I just took it up to Penang (with a side trip to Genting) - the car is plenty powerful enough for the trip, even passing most cars on the drive up to Genting. Handling was secure (tho no fun at all), roadholding good, ride was generally ok, and noise was intrusive only if you break the speed limit. I’m quite pleased with it overall - I’d be happy to share more if anyone’s interested. Overall about 6litres/100km.

Thks for the write up. Yes the 1.0 is a nice engine... just not meant to push it hard to anything too high speed like 140-150kmh. But anything below 120/130kmh is perfectly fine. I was happy too with the test drive. FR feature is also as complete u can get... it has a long list of feature where u only can get it in VW Highline EQP series. 

I think the only thing i find is the SEAT pricing is not enough to convince the mass buyer to dip in. when COE at 33-35k Arona FR was at 98k-102k. Now that COE is at 25k the price is still 98K. Should it be at maybe 94k?

If you want something similar, 95k get you the high spec Skoda Rapid. Both such carhaveas its pro n con and also u earn some and lose some in features. Howeve,r Skoda is backup by VCS so that is one added advantage.

SEAT shld lower their price 5 to 10k from current levels, then I think people will start to give it a try. Else if its similar to VW/Skoda, many will still prefer to stick to a brand with proven support track record. 

Posted 17 July 2018 - 11:06 PM

DACH
  • DACH
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Agreed, their pricing should be lowered to compete in the market and they should also improve their customer and after sales services.

Back to Conti Talk  ·  Car Brands Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: seat, arona, suv

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users