Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
69 replies to this topic | 227 praises

Posted 27 June 2017 - 11:06 PM

Davidtkl
  • Davidtkl
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Teaser released.

Global debut next month.

Hope this would be as fun to drive as the CL7.

http://www.motorauth...18-honda-accord

2018-honda-accord-sdn_100610616_l.jpg

antelop and Cook123 praised this

Posted 28 June 2017 - 02:27 PM

Spring
  • Premium member
    Spring
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

This more the American version I think whilst ours is the Thai version so likely it will be quite different? This American version looks like Civic upsized!!

Cook123 praised this

Posted 28 June 2017 - 02:29 PM

Vidz
  • Premium member
    Vidz
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Camry 2018 also looks exciting... but if MIT again then sian 1/2  [laugh]

[drivingcar]

Posted 28 June 2017 - 02:34 PM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

This more the American version I think whilst ours is the Thai version so likely it will be quite different? This American version looks like Civic upsized!!

accord is globally the same model except for Europe or JDM.

The Thai version is exactly the same as what's found in USA or Taiwan.

I find this front look looks like just the civic. Anyway the FL one sorta looks like this already, so if this is a concept look, doesn't really excite anyone. not even me lol...

Camry 2018 also looks exciting... but if MIT again then sian 1/2  [laugh]

my dad drove the MIT accord to scrap. Only some minor leaking/air con issues in the last 2 years of life. 

Similarly other than a short battery lifespan in my current one, i don't really care whether it's MIT. It's no different from MIJ.

Spring and Cook123 praised this

Posted 28 June 2017 - 02:36 PM

Spring
  • Premium member
    Spring
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

accord is globally the same model except for Europe or JDM.

The Thai version is exactly the same as what's found in USA or Taiwan.

I find this front look looks like just the civic. Anyway the FL one sorta looks like this already, so if this is a concept look, doesn't really excite anyone. not even me lol...

Oh I see, thanks for info!

Honda following Benz, BMW etc with their same look but S, M, L size only. Won't be surprised if City or Jazz comes out next change with the same front look as well but downsized [:)]

Posted 28 June 2017 - 02:43 PM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Oh I see, thanks for info!

Honda following Benz, BMW etc with their same look but S, M, L size only. Won't be surprised if City or Jazz comes out next change with the same front look as well but downsized [:)]

well even the v6 accord is being shelved for a turbo IL4. 

Quite a pity as this V6 accord is supposedly one of the best V6 sedans in the US market. I would have thought they would have kept it.

Posted 28 June 2017 - 03:26 PM

Davidtkl
  • Davidtkl
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Not just that.

Honda used to have proprietary double wishbone suspension for all their cars.

They have also scrapped this. All in the name of cost cutting.

well even the v6 accord is being shelved for a turbo IL4. 

Quite a pity as this V6 accord is supposedly one of the best V6 sedans in the US market. I would have thought they would have kept it.

Posted 28 June 2017 - 04:50 PM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Not just that.

Honda used to have proprietary double wishbone suspension for all their cars.

They have also scrapped this. All in the name of cost cutting.

hmm odyssey, jazz, city and vezel never had independent rear suspension.

Posted 28 June 2017 - 04:56 PM

Davidtkl
  • Davidtkl
    6th Gear
    Author Image

I wasnt referring to this generation of Honda vehicles.

The Accord CL7 is the last Honda with double wishbones I believe.

And yes, it was joy to drive it.

hmm odyssey, jazz, city and vezel never had independent rear suspension.

Posted 28 June 2017 - 05:28 PM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I wasnt referring to this generation of Honda vehicles.

The Accord CL7 is the last Honda with double wishbones I believe.

And yes, it was joy to drive it.

err so much difference between multi link and double wishbone meh.

Mine is multi link leh. 

Posted 28 June 2017 - 06:25 PM

AaronKKB
  • AaronKKB
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Why is it always the concept so nice then the real car like wtf... [laugh]

Posted 28 June 2017 - 06:46 PM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Why is it always the concept so nice then the real car like wtf... [laugh]

production costs. 
Also there's no need to consider safety/engineering obstacles in a concept car. Crumple zones? no need. Change engine block size? no need. 

Posted 15 July 2017 - 01:34 AM

Davidtkl
  • Davidtkl
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Looks weird. But abit of an A5 fastback.

Interior looks good though:

01-2018-honda-accord-touring.jpg?itok=0q

13-2018-honda-accord-touring.jpg?itok=Ir

20-2018-honda-accord-touring.jpg?itok=cn

Edited by Davidtkl, 15 July 2017 - 01:36 AM.

Doppel, Lala81 and Dna_engine praised this

Posted 15 July 2017 - 08:20 AM

Fat_slayer
  • Fat_slayer
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Nice, like a bigger version of the Civic.

No gear stick!!!  hope its turbo charged.

Posted 15 July 2017 - 08:52 AM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Nice, like a bigger version of the Civic.

No gear stick!!!  hope its turbo charged.

It is. 2 TC engine variants and 1 hybrid.

http://www.caranddri...y-revealed-news

Gosh. I dont like the front. But the back looks ok.

I agree it looks like some progeny from a audi sportback and the civic LOL

Posted 15 July 2017 - 08:57 AM

PrashanthSP
  • PrashanthSP
    Clutched
    Author Image

I still think the 2018 Camry looks better but Honda is not doing too bad. 1.5T with 192hp and 260 Nm of torque which is pretty freaking impressive. Would've been perfect it came out earlier, before the VES. 

Posted 15 July 2017 - 09:02 AM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

the 2.0T with the 10 speed auto. Yum yum. but likely to be flagship price here in SG...

Posted 15 July 2017 - 09:13 AM

Friendstar
  • Friendstar
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

10 speed auto seems overkill.

Posted 15 July 2017 - 11:44 AM

DACH
  • DACH
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Looks too much like the Honda Civic. Could have added more chrome to differentiate it from the Civic. Rear lamps look a bit like the new Subaru Impreza. But the interior is nice.

19-2018-honda-accord-touring-1.jpg

21-2018-honda-accord-touring-1.jpg

22-2018-honda-accord-touring-1.jpg

10-2018-honda-accord-touring-1.jpg12-2018-honda-accord-touring-1.jpg14-2018-honda-accord-touring-1.jpg18-2018-honda-accord-hybrid-1.jpg17-2018-honda-accord-sport-1.jpg

Carbon82, Blueray, Tenghock and Dna_engine praised this
Dream car: Lamborghini Murcielago 6.2

Posted 15 July 2017 - 12:10 PM

wpy
  • Premium member
    wpy
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Looks too much like the Honda Civic. Could have added more chrome to differentiate it from the Civic. Rear lamps look a bit like the new Subaru Impreza. But the interior is nice.

19-2018-honda-accord-touring-1.jpg

21-2018-honda-accord-touring-1.jpg
22-2018-honda-accord-touring-1.jpg
10-2018-honda-accord-touring-1.jpg12-2018-honda-accord-touring-1.jpg14-2018-honda-accord-touring-1.jpg18-2018-honda-accord-hybrid-1.jpg17-2018-honda-accord-sport-1.jpg

Good thing is the interior definitely does not look as plasticky as the civic

Back to Japanese Talk  ·  Car Brands Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users