Harrier 2017

SKX

i went to test drive on sat, sharing my views below

- exterior design

- size of car, notable presence on the road

- sound proofing

- boot size is huge 

- space for rear seat passengers is huge

- front sequential turn signals looks cool; would really loveit if they used sequential for back and side signals as well

- sunroof

Dislikes

- touchscreen on dashboard is pathetically small. those in japan seem much bigger (

)

- from the boot, there is no lever/button for making the rear seats lie flat

- no safety options: blind spot monitoring, rear cross traffic monitoring, tyre deflation monitoring

- they removed the panoramic view monitor, which i think is available in the japanese brochures

- lag before turbo engine kicks in

Some excellent reviews here from Richard too:

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2705478-harrier-2017/page-7?do=findComment&comment=6159941

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 7

Ok for the context, a new discussion starts here

Keep it civil and if anyone has vested interests and CANNOT AGREE TO DISAGREE, do your due diligence and post else where.

Thank you

some previous threads:

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2702060-new-harrier-japan/?view=getnewpost

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/764575-toyota-harrier-comments-pls/?hl=harrier

• Praise 1

I was about to come in and say "you going to tio the <SEARCH BEFORE POSTING> post, then i saw who threadstarter.

SIAN

[laugh]

• Praise 15

Thread of the year ...

gd idea!

@char @clement229 can transfer over the technical specs over from the earlier thread?

Maybe should have separate threads 

Toyota Harrier NA

Toyota Harrier Turbo

Toyota Harrier Hybrid

etc

Then no misunderstanding.  [:)]

• Praise 1

(edited)

Maybe should have separate threads

Toyota Harrier NA

Toyota Harrier Turbo

Toyota Harrier Hybrid

etc

Then no misunderstanding. [:)]

Then you need one more for the people who don't want it, don't have it but have to tell everyone why they are still posting in a thread on a car they don't like Edited by therock
  • Praise 2

From previous thread, seems like a very powerful car with very quick acceleration. 

Maybe take a look when i tio Toto.  [:p]

Reporting! :grin:

Your AMG 0 ~ 100 how many sec?  [laugh]

• Praise 1

Then you need one more for the people who don't want it, don't have it but have to tell everyone why they are still posting in a thread on a car they don't like ð»

Haha ... Then one more thread ... Anti-Harrier.
  • Praise 1

gd idea!

@char @clement229 can transfer over the technical specs over from the earlier thread?

Can can! hahahahahaha!

So... it was...

Harrier 6-7 second from 0-100km/h

Harrier Turbo 3.8 seconds from 0-100km/h

From previous thread right? These are the numbers lor

• Praise 3

I can say for certainty that most of us are not anti-Harrier. There are no logical reasons to be when it is non of our business and we are not the ones paying for it. Who has the money, who can choose to buy whatever they like.

I am not anti-Harrier, just anti-Bullcrap. Frankly, Harrier is a real decent car (with it's own set of pros and cons)  and the Turbo one with the BM pricing really makes it quite an attractive preposition in the segment.

I only make it my business when some people try to stuff bull-crap down our throat like we were born yesterday ... try to push their thinly veiled agenda around the forum and when challenged, with no decent intellectual rebuttal at hand, start to tell people to go back to school as if they had a lot of schooling done themselves.

This is all I have to say with regards to the fiasco in the previously closed thread. As I promised, I will move along.

Then you need one more for the people who don't want it, don't have it but have to tell everyone why they are still posting in a thread on a car they don't like

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 14
  • Dislike 1