Harrier 2017

SKX

I have booked the Harrier Premium. It comes with one year free servicing. Believe those who booked before official launch got 3 years free servicing as a reward for booking the car without looking at it at showroom.

Could I get some opinion on whether we can pay extra to upgrade from 1 year to 3 years free servicing? Any idea how much is it and whether worth to pay extra for this?

Thanks.

Jay,

Those like me who put 3k deposit were all offered 3 yrs free service even after viewing and test drive (twice) before the official hotel launch.

Quite sure you can sign up to additional service even when 1 yr expires ...should be 1.5k+/-1k ?

Cheers.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032
↡ Advertisement

Yeoooouch! Wonder why ppl dun go test drive the equivalents b4 commiting? It's like chop chop quickly marry the first girl u ever meet.....

I was so sure that I will marry this girl until I went to test drive the equivalents. 

I was so sure that I will marry this girl until I went to test drive the equivalents.

Tsk....tsk....so promiscuous

If you have to pay extra for additional 2 years of "no out of pocket expense" servicing, it is no longer called "FREE" servicing. 

I have booked the Harrier Premium. It comes with one year free servicing. Believe those who booked before official launch got 3 years free servicing as a reward for booking the car without looking at it at showroom.

Could I get some opinion on whether we can pay extra to upgrade from 1 year to 3 years free servicing? Any idea how much is it and whether worth to pay extra for this?

Thanks.

• Praise 2

No venture no gain. Hope you are happy with the outcome;)
  • Praise 1

U didnt go for test drive countless time before signing on the ROM cert?

Many ppl go for countless test drive on different model yet still single..... :a-dinner:

• Praise 1

No venture no gain. Hope you are happy with the outcome;)

It is actually quite fun going to the different showrooms to test drive different cars. Also you can see how often published reviews can be inaccurate and our driving environment and thus SUV requirements (4WD, towing, etc) can be so very different from big countries. Frankly, I am happy to go with the turbo Harrier with just a simple test drive, but my wife is very difficult to satisfy, firstly must look good, yet look rugged, good sound system, fine aesthetics, no ching-chong look etc. Machiam shopping for handbag. And she doesn't even want to do the test-drive, just happy to sit in the back during the test-drive.

Neutral Newbie

If you have to pay extra for additional 2 years of "no out of pocket expense" servicing, it is no longer called "FREE" servicing.

Haha....that's true interpretation.

Harrier price reduced by 1k today though Cat B COE reduced by more than 2k.

It is actually quite fun going to the different showrooms to test drive different cars. Also you can see how often published reviews can be inaccurate and our driving environment and thus SUV requirements (4WD, towing, etc) can be so very different from big countries. Frankly, I am happy to go with the turbo Harrier with just a simple test drive, but my wife is very difficult to satisfy, firstly must look good, yet look rugged, good sound system, fine aesthetics, no ching-chong look etc. Machiam shopping for handbag. And she doesn't even want to do the test-drive, just happy to sit in the back during the test-drive.

the sound system in the HT is terrible FYI

If you add in 2-3K max for audio upgrade it will blow all the factory systems in this segment including FXT's Harman Kardon and CX5's Bose (both of which are not impressive) - but they are clearly better than Harrier Turbo's one.
Check out CRV's audio system - quite decent.

Thanks. That is why she is comparing Harman Kardon one with the Bose one. HT already disqualified.

• Praise 2

How bad is sound system?

Not enuff base, trevble?

Volume not loud?

bad like walkman radio bad

The GPS in the HU is also terrible.. always holland in its own world.

But aside from these, everything else is awesome!

Always Holland in its own world.

Did you feedback immediately to BM?

Don't tel me Harrier uses TomTom system, that one is shiit. The TomTom system is so farked up in my CX5, I had to buy a Garmin to put on the screen. Edited by AFWE69

Hi everyone, relatively new Harrier owner here.

I would like to find out the following:

- Eco mode. Do you all usually turn it on and keep the rpm within the bar aka <2000rpm?

- FC is around 10km/l. 90% city, 10% highway. Is that acceptable?

- petrol. I am pumping 95, occasionally Vpower. Is it better to pump 98?

- tyre pressure. 18 rim. Is 240kpa alright? Felt a little bumpy. Should I reduce the pressure

- start/off engine. I usually warm up the car by letting engine run for about a min, till first bar of temp gauge. When I stop the car, I just turn it off within turning off radio or let the wind blow out the cold air. Is that alright?

- in-car gps. Don't seem to be able to operate it. PI 2014 make. Is it able to be used locally? Else, any recommendation of place to include it?

Thank you so much!

Fc ard 10 is acceptable. Camry 2.0L fc worse ard 9km/l

I always on eco mode, most of times drive slowly

Pump 95 ok no prob

For aircon better turn off before u switch off engine. Somemore harrier nvr use dry battery

In car gps? What headunit? Normally cost ard 400 for gps installation for ur headubit. Better buy portable

• Praise 1

If you add in 2-3K max for audio upgrade it will blow all the factory systems in this segment including FXT's Harman Kardon and CX5's Bose (both of which are not impressive) - but they are clearly better than Harrier Turbo's one.

Check out CRV's audio system - quite decent.

Actually the Bose system on CX-5 is pretty good, better implementation than Bose on Porsche. Of course isn't as good as my previous RAV4 which had a $15K set-up with Scanspeak speakers/subwoofer and Pioneer P-90.

But it's truly disappointing about Harrier HU and sound system, the JBL system in Harrier Japan may just keep most people satisfied.

Edited by AFWE69
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2