Harrier 2017

SKX

Saw a white Harrier with this bodykit most of the mornings on way to work along ECP going towards the west....was driving so could not take a picture.

wald_toyota_harrier_black_bison_edition_

Looks damn funny with the original exhaust still peeking from under the right side just like this. As Harrier is a high ground clearance car, the puny exhaust is even more obvious if one is driving from behind.

For goodness sake, at least do some tail pipe modification to hide the original pipe lah.

↡ Advertisement

Saw a white Harrier with this bodykit most of the mornings on way to work along ECP going towards the west....was driving so could not take a picture.

wald_toyota_harrier_black_bison_edition_

Looks damn funny with the original exhaust still peeking from under the right side just like this. As Harrier is a high ground clearance car, the puny exhaust is even more obvious if one is driving from behind.

For goodness sake, at least do some tail pipe modification to hide the original pipe lah.

This reminds me....

Having things peeking out is never a good idea

post-1798-0-94725200-1504951624_thumb.jpg

• Praise 9

I intend to install the side mirror signal light once I get my bm harrier in dec. Any advise that I shld do it or shld not? https://goo.gl/images/yvi8a3

i got the slikblaze one.. dont install the china one.. the arrow doesnt look as nice.

and get the sequential one. newer than the blinking one.. matches your harrier signal light

• Praise 2

i got the slikblaze one.. dont install the china one.. the arrow doesnt look as nice.

and get the sequential one. newer than the blinking one.. matches your harrier signal light

Tks bro for the info. ur slikblaze buy and install frim same shop?

Hi fellow experienced bros,

Can seek your input on the following. Am considering buying a PI Harrier (Style Mauve) that comes with specs of Luxury cat of HT from BM (of course sans turbo ; ) ). The price quoted is about $145K. The PI is a reputable one with CaseTrust registration. On top of that, they also offer 7 yrs warranty and 3 yrs free servicing with 8 vouchers. OMV is close to $40K, theoretically, I should be able to get back around 20k (including the body) after 10 yrs.  

Is this considered a good deal? 

Edited by mackymac
  • Praise 2

Can seek your input on the following. Am considering buying a PI Harrier (Style Mauve) that comes with specs of Luxury cat of HT from BM (of course sans turbo ; ) ). The price quoted is about $145K. The PI is a reputable one with CaseTrust registration. On top of that, they also offer 7 yrs warranty and 3 yrs free servicing with 8 vouchers. OMV is close to $40K, theoretically, I should be able to get back around 20k (including the body) after 10 yrs.

From a depreciation per annum perspective, and a dealer margin perspective, it's a fantastic deal. In fact dealer margin is non existent to negative if OMV is indeed $39-40k.

First question I'd ask is why the PI is doing a money losing trade? Are there hidden T&Cs ie loan requirements etc? One possible legitimate reason could be that dealer wants to cut loss after BM brought in Harrier Turbo and redeploy capital.

Next question I'd ask is whether the higher OMV is due to better specs than the BM version or is it due to lower bargaining power by the PI both on the car price and on the transportation of the car to Singapore.

Then if you are comfortable that its a legit deal (ie not too good to be true), you have to decide yourself because different folks value different stuff differently. Is turbo engine worth more, or is sunroof (or any other spec)? AD vs PI etc.

• Praise 1

Nothing special about a PI losing money on ex stock now.

BM have killed off the PI with their superb Harrier prices.

So the prudent dealer will try to unwind their positions and get rid of their current stock..

Otherwise it will only get worse..

• Praise 1

If you can afford to pay $8k more, it is recommended to go for Harrier Turbo Premium from BM rather than the style mauve from PI.

The car's resale value once you drive out of the showroom, peace of mind, turbo power, reliable 6AT gear box vs CVT, 2017 facelift version with new features /specs vs old stocks of PIs, after sales service & support from AD etc will return you much more value & gains than the $8k difference upfront. There are good reasons why PIs are desperate to get rid of their stocks of Harrier N.A.

• Praise 7

Features can be as good as HT but the engine and gearbox will never be the same.

Ultimately these two determine the drive of a vehicle.

Edited by Fcw75
  • Praise 1

If you can afford to pay $8k more, it is recommended to go for Harrier Turbo Premium from BM rather than the style mauve from PI.

The car's resale value once you drive out of the showroom, peace of mind, turbo power, reliable 6AT gear box vs CVT, 2017 facelift version with new features /specs vs old stocks of PIs, after sales service & support from AD etc will return you much more value & gains than the $8k difference upfront. There are good reasons why PIs are desperate to get rid of their stocks of Harrier N.A.

+1

This is not a marginal buyer's car.. the 8k is worth the difference.

If the PI car was 120k, now that may be worth exploring..

40k is not the OMV. It's the ARF.

I'd still go for the turbo harrier. The Mauve is nothing special other than a nicer trim level.

assuming all things equal

PI ($145000)

downpayment @ 40% = $58000

Mthly with 2.78% 7 yrs= $1237

AD ($154000 premium)

downpayment @ 40% = $61600

Mthly with 2.78% 7 yrs= $1314

Diff (PI : AD)

1) Downpayment: $58000 vs $61600 (+$3600) over 10 years = $360/yr

2) Instalment: $1237 vs $1314

diff (+$77/mth or $924/yr)

IMO, diff is small or most likely one cannot feel any difference economically.

Peace of mind, great after sales support, definite warranty. guess $3600 upfront and $77 extra per mth is worth tilting to AD.

However, decision lies with the buyer.

• Praise 1

40k is not the OMV. It's the ARF.

I'd still go for the turbo harrier. The Mauve is nothing special other than a nicer trim level.

Correct. HT Premium has OMV of 33.3k, close to 39k ARF, which is 19k Parf. Close to this PI car.

OMV of 40k will be close to GLC price liao.

↡ Advertisement