Harrier 2017

SKX

Hi Freeder,

Fortuner looks bad ...and basically a pick up platform with pick up ride performance.

If toyota and 7 seaters, dun think anyone need to look beyond already available estima or alphard.

Cheers,

Richard

if you say fortuner looks bad.

take a look at this , i felt it is worst both inside and outside.

Volkswagen Caddy MPC

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Hi Freeder,

Fortuner looks bad ...and basically a pick up platform with pick up ride performance.

If toyota and 7 seaters, dun think anyone need to look beyond already available estima or alphard.

Cheers,

Richard

Being built on the Toyota Hilux pickup truck platform, the Fortuner has serious off-road capabilities. But on our tarmac, I could never get over the drum brakes.

• Praise 2

Does HT has a "turbo" stick at the back?

Yes.

But u can always stick a AMG on a C180 or change the A to S for A3 and A5 though. :grin:

• Praise 1

I wonder if the 7 seater version built on a lwb harrier.

Not sure but I doubt it will be a longer body/wheelbase. 

Just like the current Honda CR-V, the 7 seater version is exact size as 5 seater version - and so the last two seats are not very usable.

• Praise 2

Just checking does anyone has any lobang to fit a running board (not those electric kind) onto a Harrier? Been looking around for sometime liao but still cant find.  Only have those electric which cost too much liao.

Thank  you in advance

• Praise 2

Managed to have some time to play around with the HU, the speakers are completely hopeless [thumbsdown] despite the NHV is pretty good. JDM comes with JBL speakers, why switched to some cheapo stuff.  [confused]

Hi Freeder,

Cheers,

Richard

I don't think the Fortuner is on sale in BM anymore.

The Toyota SUVs that are 7 seaters are the Landcruiser and Prado.

• Praise 1

Hi guys, anyone using their harrier to transport bikes? By hitch rack or roof hack?

I have use Thule roof racks for most of my cars with no issues - it is safe, secure and ok at highway speed.

Installed previously on my Renault espace, hyundai trajet, honda Stream, Honda Odyssey and Toyota Previa.

It is transferable (may need special kit for different cars, without roof rails) and can have one key for all (lockable)

If not mistaken, professional tours eg tour de france use Thule as one of the carriers too 

But remember the increase in height when carrying bikes - beware of height restraint eg carpark.

For harrier, with the bike roof carrier installed, the total height without bicycles should be still <1.8, hence will not be a hindrance for carpark entrance most of the time. For much taller cars, this can be a problem (previous 3 alphards...without carrier alone 1.9m, so did not use)

May consider to install on my harrier turbo soon)

Need the following kitpost-146820-0-13590000-1511820302_thumb.jpg

Alternatively from here, but this is non facelift 2015 harrier, not sure 100% fit.

post-146820-0-47615000-1511820348.jpg

Maximum bikes i have carried on my roof is 3 (mixture of adult mountain bike and racing bike)

but i have seen 4 bikes before on some cars (on a volvo v70)

Just checking does anyone has any lobang to fit a running board (not those electric kind) onto a Harrier? Been looking around for sometime liao but still cant find.  Only have those electric which cost too much liao.

Thank  you in advance

I have not seen a normal side steps on 2015 harrier before...if find any will let you know.

Besides aesthetic (macho look), it can also serve some functions

1) kids or eldery to get into the car

2) easier to access roof of the car eg to clean moonroof.

Edited by alphard96
  • Praise 3

If you see the pics of the new RX that bro @carbon82 posted, it looks like a Harrier with a fat butt.

Enough rear extension to fit the last row, sans luggage space.

I am not sure if Toyota will do the same for the Harrier. This may take sales away from the new RX. Either that or they do it, but delay it for a couple of years..

you seem very well versed in roof racks especially for bike carrying.

I have been trying to find out, how easy (or difficult) is it to lift the bikes onto the racks? I assume there is some special method?

for sedans/wagons, the height of the car roof racks I also envisage some problems (more worried about the bikes accidentally denting or scatching the car) if we lose concentration while mounting the bikes. SUVs  with the increased height I assume will be even harder!

I have use Thule roof racks for most of my cars with no issues - it is safe, secure and ok at highway speed.

Installed previously on my Renault espace, hyundai trajet, honda Stream, Honda Odyssey and Toyota Previa.

It is transferable (may need special kit for different cars, without roof rails) and can have one key for all (lockable)

If not mistaken, professional tours eg tour de france use Thule as one of the carriers too 

But remember the increase in height when carrying bikes - beware of height restraint eg carpark.

For harrier, with the bike roof carrier installed, the total height without bicycles should be still <1.8, hence will not be a hindrance for carpark entrance most of the time. For much taller cars, this can be a problem (previous 3 alphards...without carrier alone 1.9m, so did not use)

May consider to install on my harrier turbo soon)

Need the following kitattachicon.gifharrier kit.jpg

Alternatively from here, but this is non facelift 2015 harrier, not sure 100% fit.

attachicon.gifharrier thule.jpg

Maximum bikes i have carried on my roof is 3 (mixture of adult mountain bike and racing bike)

but i have seen 4 bikes before on some cars (on a volvo v70)

I have not seen a normal side steps on 2015 harrier before...if find any will let you know.

Besides aesthetic (macho look), it can also serve some functions

1) kids or eldery to get into the car

2) easier to access roof of the car eg to clean moonroof.

You may need to use a sturdy stool bro... I have a bunch of Ikea stools for the job. But as I aged, I switched to racks which mount on the rear hatch instead.. 

↡ Advertisement