Harrier 2017

SKX

Traction giving better performance is mainly for super high powered vehicles that have wheelspin on drag race style start. 

Bhp in realm of 200-300 not considered super high powered. Especially torque of 350nm only. Diesel or AMG variants  with their >500 nm torque might have problem putting the power down to the tarmac if they do not have 4WD.

Also, 4WD does rob power from the engine. Evidence by my legacy GT on wheel dyno figures compared to factory specs. 

Can also be conservative quoting. I would imagine under good conditions my vehicle had reach much closer to plain 7s. I recall AutoFrance quotes Peugeot 308 1.2 PureTech as a dismal 11.7s, but in real life conditions it can do it as low as 9.7s!

The FXT is also probably faster feeling due to its setup - its torque does come in later which may produce more of a "slam" and perception of speed.

I tested a 105hp diesel recently that made you feel like it was charging forward, but in reality it was only just hitting 60km/h.

231PS would roughly equal 227 horsepower yes.

The Prince engine is a collaborative development between PSA and BMW. It does seem BMW provided technology hence why Citroen's 1.6THP is often described as a BMW engine...

Could be the gearbox, or maybe there are less friction-inducing components along the drivetrain.

I know my 6-speed automatic is probably one of the things severely cutting down my century sprint capability, compared to say the G30's 8-speed, which together from higher and earlier torque, gives it a quicker clocking, despite being more portly.

The GLC you mention also has 4WD and it's not surprising for an AWD car to actually accelerate faster at the same power rating, even with lower overall power to the wheels, merely on the principle of traction...

↡ Advertisement

OMV $35,700 is very high or at least at the high end of the estimated range.

Actual OMV Registration for July Batch

Premium: $33,300

Luxury: $35,700

• Praise 1

For the technically inclined. 

post-24957-0-48499900-1500809439_thumb.png

2WD generally is 40kg lighter than 4WD version. 

Which of the above is luxury version I am not too sure. 

• Praise 1

Is it normal not to have solar film on sun roof? The complimentary solar film does not extend to the sun roof.

I personally checked the sunroof and also confirmed by the SEs in the showroom that the twin sunroof in the Harrier comes with factory tinted glass. I saw the tinted glass myself.

Is it normal not to have solar film on sun roof? The complimentary solar film does not extend to the sun roof.

Usually the sun roof is tinted glass. Putting on a solar film would make it pass less light unless you are using top end film with good IR and good light emitivity.
  • Praise 1

The Cooper S is a 2L. Same engine as the BMW 220. Codename B48 engine.

Seems like the collaboration between PSA and BMW ended last year and the B48 is BMW in-house engine used also in 330, 430 and 530.

(edited)

yeah... as suspected. Maybe he can consider going next door where the Japanese counter lady will bow and greet him. The Lexus SE will have all the attention on him explaining the ins and outs of the NX200t? :D

Same same, I was checking out the IS200T a few months back. The car was not in showroom but park under the hot sun outside. 

The pretty sale exe show me to the car outside and guess what! She stand at the bonnet and take her call for the next 3-5 mins while I sat in the hot oven car! Don't even bother to start the car and the aircon.

Edited by Vinepro

Same same, I was checking out the IS200T a few months back. The car was not in showroom but park under the hot sun outside.

The pretty sale exe show me to the car outside and guess what! She stand at the bonnet and take her call for the next 3-5 mins while I sat in the hot oven car! Don't even bother to start the car and the aircon.

Nevermind. At least pretty...

Turbocharged

Allowing you to experience how fuel efficient the IS200t turbo is mah... the zero fuel consumption experience...  [laugh]

Honda and Mazda really sweating now.

Honda all the while has no model to compete with Harrier. CRV is a non discussion in KM showroom. Neither is Mazda 5 nor 7 to be the contender of Harrier too. So to them there is no impact, the one sweating now should be thise Harrier PIs.

Coming back to profit margin, you can check One Motoring Website.

https://www.onemotoring.com.sg/content/onemotoring/en/lta_information_guidelines/buy_a_new_vehicle/car_cost/_jcr_content/main_par/download/file.res/Car_Cost_Update.pdf

Of course Harrier Turbo is not in the list yet,

You can use other model to gauge

Example

Toyota Previa Aeras (row 267 in the list)

OMV $34,489k

COE $50,110

SP: $162k

Profit: $17,169k

Harrier Turbo (Luxury)

OMV $35,700 (July batch registration)

COE: $50,001 (19th July)

SP: $160k (now price)

Profit: you gauge yourself ð¬

Above prices should be gross, which not include overhead, after sales etc

Hope I didn't miss out anything and correct me if I am wrong.

If borneo earn 17k on these car

I wonder how much this pi earn from sale of harrier?

http://m.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=625264

Honda all the while has no model to compete with Harrier. CRV is a non discussion in KM showroom. Neither is Mazda 5 nor 7 to be the contender of Harrier too. So to them there is no impact, the one sweating now should be thise Harrier PIs.

Wonder who can provide insights on the drive experience between the PI Harrier and Turbo other than the obvious pickup and interior?

If borneo earn 17k on these car

I wonder how much this pi earn from sale of harrier?

http://m.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=625264

I have this feeling that the OMV may not be the actual price they got from Japan. Similarly for BM, could be much lower.

The PIs have lowered their prices to as low as $129K for the Harrier with ready stock and they still have CHR that BM have not brought in yet - some who cannot wait may be driven to get the PI.

I sat in a hyundai i30 taxi on saturday night. I was surprised by how torquey it was (cos this uncle like to rev). But actually still haven't reached 100. 

Haha i think it's more suitable for city driving than it's bigger brother, the i40. 

I tested a 105hp diesel recently that made you feel like it was charging forward, but in reality it was only just hitting 60km/h.

All car glass are usually UV cut these days. Just try a pair of "Transistion Lens" spectacles inside the car and you will know the amount of UV reaching the cabin is cut down to the minimum (ie. the lens don't turn dark)

Some manufacturer will have the heavier tint (lower visible light transmissibility) options for the rear half of the car.

There are usually regulations for the VLT of the car which differs from jurisdiction to jurisdiction.

Sunroof is exempted from such regulation.

If you tint it too dark, defeats the purpose of having a sunroof in the first place.

Usually the sun roof is tinted glass. Putting on a solar film would make it pass less light unless you are using top end film with good IR and good light emitivity.

129 vs 140.. not low enough IMO

At this level, I am not expecting marginal buyers..

I think a $20k differentiation between PI and AD can swing some buyers to PI.

I guess most buyers common worry on PI are

1) will PI close shop?

2) servicing.

3) warranty.

4) recall (rare).

5) "Unknown" admin fee.

↡ Advertisement