• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
20 replies to this topic | 5 praises

Posted 28 June 2017 - 11:25 AM

Rolanto
  • Rolanto
    Clutched
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi everyone,

out of these 4, which one most value for money, good fuel efficiency and least problem?

any other recommendation for a family of 4 with 2 yound kids? meaning need 2 car seats and boot space for stroller(s)

other than HB, i test drove renault megane sedan 1.2 petrol.. do you think this car is a good fancy car to drive?

dont think this fall under value for money, it mainly falls under fancy/pretty with lots of features car to drive... is renault brand reliable? and car wont have alot of after-sales repair issue? 

Posted 28 June 2017 - 11:54 AM

Columbian78
  • Columbian78
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

For your family and if only these three models then should be pulsar for the space. Reliability good and cheap ad maintenance

Posted 28 June 2017 - 12:22 PM

Colin03
  • Premium member
    Colin03
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Hi everyone,

out of these 4, which one most value for money, good fuel efficiency and least problem?

any other recommendation for a family of 4 with 2 yound kids? meaning need 2 car seats and boot space for stroller(s)

other than HB, i test drove renault megane sedan 1.2 petrol.. do you think this car is a good fancy car to drive?

dont think this fall under value for money, it mainly falls under fancy/pretty with lots of features car to drive... is renault brand reliable? and car wont have alot of after-sales repair issue? 

Fully agreed as Pulsar follow by Mazda 3

Posted 28 June 2017 - 12:27 PM

kelaihoyin
  • Premium member
    kelaihoyin
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Hi everyone,

I can only give my views on the Astra 

: 2 IsoFix points at the back, 1.0T gives good fuel efficiency and good low-end torque as well. Engaging drive. Decent boot space. 6 airbags with all the active safety features like lane departure warning, forward collision warning and torque vectoring etc. Only problem I see might be some people dislike the Easytronic transmission which can be jerky at times if you are not used to it.

But Best of all selling at 90k? Quite value for money in my opinion

Posted 28 June 2017 - 12:44 PM

Rolanto
  • Rolanto
    Clutched
    Author Image

thanks all for the comments.

pulsar 1.2 with turbo, isnt it about same as astra 1.0 with turbo?

i dont see many pulsar on the road, alot of qashqai though..

Posted 28 June 2017 - 02:30 PM

Rolanto
  • Rolanto
    Clutched
    Author Image

also. wat about citroen c4 1.2 ?

Posted 28 June 2017 - 04:31 PM

Victor68
  • Premium member
    Victor68
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Are they all in the $90+ k range? i think you need to. know which one can fit in the 2 baby seats. sometimes, that few thousands ore could make a big difference. between the pulsar and qq, i woukd consider qq if these 4 you are considering 

Posted 28 June 2017 - 04:39 PM

2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I saw a few pulsar on the road, they looks nice.

Clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.
Life is very fragile. Nobody knows what's gonna happen next.

Posted 28 June 2017 - 04:52 PM

Blueray
  • Blueray
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Hi everyone,

Will there be instances whereby you need to put the child seats and the strollers in the boot ? If so, then I think better look at sedans.

iirc, Mazda 3 HB costs about $4k more than Mazda 3 Sedan ? 

focus

Posted 28 June 2017 - 04:57 PM

kelaihoyin
  • Premium member
    kelaihoyin
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Yea engine specs about the same but the drive is whole lot different. Go test drive it definitely can feel. QQ then again is a different class and price range altogether.

Posted 28 June 2017 - 05:04 PM

7hm
  • Premium member
    7hm
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Hi everyone,

Value for money I would say hands down its the Astra - only the Astra comes with collision warning, blind spot, matrix-type headlamps (optional though) while holding a comprehensive service package and continental feeling.

I would think the Mazda3 HB or Nissan Pulsar might be slightly better in fuel economy however, while the Astra 1.0T might edge out in overall economy due to lower road tax.

The Megane is a nice looking thing, wouldn't call it that fancy though. Modern Renaults should be okay in reliability, problem is parts availability due to small customer base. They share a lot of stuff with Nissan so I doubt the reliability is a big issue.

Ford Focus will sell itself to you on one thing - its class leading ride and handling. Perhaps only the Mazda3 will compete with it on this subject.

Focus and Mazda3 are a bit cramped in rear quarters for some people, both also have modest trunk space, Astra would be best in this case I think. Dunno about Pulsar, never looked at it.

I saw a few pulsar on the road, they looks nice.

I saw one recently, but I thought it was a 6 years old car from a distance because it had a hideously outdated design for the tail lights.

Driving car, not funny, bid for car with COE, ERP, road tax, PARF until you want to barf

Dabbler in digital graphics, computer assembly, tech and photography.
「さぁ、今、手を伸ばして 」

Posted 28 June 2017 - 05:18 PM

Rolanto
  • Rolanto
    Clutched
    Author Image

just called citroen enquire about c4 hatchback... they will stop bringing in this model and replace with c3... so eliminated this option.

not looking for something too big like SUV. so nissan qq eliminated as well.

based on everyone response:

pulsar: fuel economy, abit outdated look, easier maintenance (jap car)

astra: value for money due to features come with it

focus n mazda: good ride handling but crampy

so in the end, i'm left with astra n pulsar.. probably i go test drive astra and see how.. i tesed pulsar, i feel i need to break very early to stop.. like kind of soft.... so it seems scary, sometime i drive quite close to the front, if the brake not v responsive, sure scare the shit out of me :P

Posted 28 June 2017 - 05:59 PM

kelaihoyin
  • Premium member
    kelaihoyin
    4th Gear
    Author Image

just called citroen enquire about c4 hatchback... they will stop bringing in this model and replace with c3... so eliminated this option.

so in the end, i'm left with astra n pulsar.. probably i go test drive astra and see how.. i tesed pulsar, i feel i need to break very early to stop.. like kind of soft.... so it seems scary, sometime i drive quite close to the front, if the brake not v responsive, sure scare the shit out of me :P

I personally drive the Astra and felt that brakes might be on the soft side too. Not trying to sell the car here but try pushing it around the corners I can guarantee you a smile on your face  :D

Posted 28 June 2017 - 06:17 PM

7hm
  • Premium member
    7hm
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Some of the "SUV"s are not actually big, Qashqai and the Pulsar actually occupy the same footprint, the former just looks larger because it's taller. This is a common misconception.

Pulsar will be more efficient due to lower weight and ride height, though.

I personally drive the Astra and felt that brakes might be on the soft side too. Not trying to sell the car here but try pushing it around the corners I can guarantee you a smile on your face  :D

I found the Astra, during test, performance wise, a few cute things:

• Engine sounds very hardworking... but like a person hiding in their cubicle working away hard but trying to make sure nobody knows lol... Pulls well, but it's still kind of leisurely. Then again, coming from what I daily...
  • Handling is composed and competent, but I wouldn't say exciting... I didn't feel encouraged to throw it around, but it is quite good and easy.
  • Ride comfort is not as good as what I am on now, but it is very well damped for its class without being too soft. Will be better than the Mazda3, not sure about compared to the Focus.

Tenghock praised this
Driving car, not funny, bid for car with COE, ERP, road tax, PARF until you want to barf

Dabbler in digital graphics, computer assembly, tech and photography.
「さぁ、今、手を伸ばして 」

Posted 07 February 2018 - 11:22 PM

DACH
  • DACH
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I do not know much about cars, but when the question of buying arose, I immediately rejected the Opel Astra. Externally, the car is attractive, but it's too uncomfortable for me inside. I really liked Mazda 3. One of the best machines in its segment

So you driving a Mazda 3 now?

Dream car: Lamborghini Murcielago 6.2

Posted 08 February 2018 - 10:13 AM

Soya
  • Soya
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

So you driving a Mazda 3 now?

Ppl oredi say they don’t know much abt cars. So it doesn’t really matter what they drive....

Posted 08 February 2018 - 10:51 AM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Maybe the seats are made of durian husks. LoL...

Ppl oredi say they don’t know much abt cars. So it doesn’t really matter what they drive....

Ppl only like the badge. Others are an eye sore.

Typical of car buyers. Know very little about the cars and tech. Only go for the badge.

The chosen one will bring balance to the Force...I mean Singapore. Even star wars do not reserve "the chosen one" to a sith lord or a jedi or a wookie.

Posted 08 February 2018 - 11:13 AM

Soya
  • Soya
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Maybe the seats are made of durian husks. LoL...

Ppl only like the badge. Others are an eye sore.
Typical of car buyers. Know very little about the cars and tech. Only go for the badge.

Mz3 was alright until it became a Grab/Uber favourite. Sibei cramped at the rear good for teksi meh?

Posted 08 February 2018 - 01:26 PM

mr2t
  • Premium member
    mr2t
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Mz3 was alright until it became a Grab/Uber favourite. Sibei cramped at the rear good for teksi meh?

Is it just me or is the current Mz3 rear headroom quite little as the roof slopes back? I'm just 1.75m and already felt my hair touching the roof. 

Posted 08 February 2018 - 01:27 PM

RogerNg_185295
  • Premium member
    RogerNg_185295
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Tan Chong no longer selling Pulsar

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

Tags: mazda 3, astra, ford focus and 6 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users