Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic | 0 praises

Posted 28 June 2017 - 03:25 PM

Mercur1al
  • Mercur1al
    4th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi guys, generally looking at changing to a 2 din HU. Very very new to this and virtually know nuts.

Shortlisted the Pioneer AVH-Z5050BT mainly due to 2 reasons. Waze and ability to play videos from thumbdrive. Previously had a DVD HU and hated burning shows etc onto DVD so i could play it in the car.

Anyone knows the price and comments about it? Did a search but it seems majority of the discussion is about the flagship X model.

I'm not too big on the bluetooth function. My car is fairly noisy and i still prefer using the conventional in ear bluetooth earpiece. Not much music in my phone either so i'm unlikely to stream from my phone via spotify or internal music.

However, will prefer having carplay as I will be able to mirror youtube videos from my iPhone.

Majority of usage will be Waze and also music/videos/movies from an attached thumbdrive.

Any recommendations? Thanks a lot!

Edited by Lightsabre, 03 July 2017 - 10:15 AM.

Posted 26 July 2017 - 09:15 AM

shiyofc
  • Premium member
    shiyofc
    Clutched
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi guys, generally looking at changing to a 2 din HU. Very very new to this and virtually know nuts.

Shortlisted the Pioneer AVH-Z5050BT mainly due to 2 reasons. Waze and ability to play videos from thumbdrive. Previously had a DVD HU and hated burning shows etc onto DVD so i could play it in the car.

Anyone knows the price and comments about it? Did a search but it seems majority of the discussion is about the flagship X model.

I'm not too big on the bluetooth function. My car is fairly noisy and i still prefer using the conventional in ear bluetooth earpiece. Not much music in my phone either so i'm unlikely to stream from my phone via spotify or internal music.

However, will prefer having carplay as I will be able to mirror youtube videos from my iPhone.

Majority of usage will be Waze and also music/videos/movies from an attached thumbdrive.

Any recommendations? Thanks a lot!

Think the stocks have just reached the shops. Saw an audio shop posting in FB yesterday of their first car installed with the Pioneer Z5050BT. 

The boss said the cost is $700+ but if you do other things with them, can give discount.

Screen resolution better than the 8850 but 5050 only comes with 1 USB port while the 8850 has 2.

I was planning to get 8850 originally but will likely switch to 5050 since it has better screen resolution and I do not need 2 USB ports or built-in SD card reader. Plus price is slightly cheaper than the 8850.

Back to In-Car-Entertainment  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

Pioneer AVH-1450DVD DVD Player

Pioneer AVH-1450DVD DVD Player  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by AcuraNSX  |  Clutched

Basic- gets the job done

Backup camera attached, ability to access iPod functions, USB drive, mp3 CD, and the usual radio. Functionality is what you expect

Pioneer AVH-X2850BT

Pioneer AVH-X2850BT  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Mervynwm  |  2nd Gear

Impressive to have !

Changed this from X2650 to this, must say its more intuitive and nicer graphics. Only the auto bluetooth connect is taken away, otherwise is nicer to have as well.

Related Product Guide search on sgCarMart.com : Pioneer AVH-Z5050BT, DVD Player, Multimedia player

Quick Reply

Tags: pioneer, dvd, 2 din hu and 5 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users