Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
29 replies to this topic | 0 praises

Posted 29 June 2017 - 12:57 PM

weekiat572
  • weekiat572
    Clutched
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

My PI is giving me tis model for my car , any inputs or current users who can comment of tis set ? figure_product_large.png

http://www.kenwood.c...ation/ddx917ws/

Posted 29 June 2017 - 01:36 PM

Dscheng
  • Premium member
    Dscheng
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Looking good. Built in mirroring, Android auto and apple play! 

I have been using Kenwood HU for a while. I quite like it. Of course pioneer seem to be more popular.

**Mad about Ray and Aro ~!!!
2007-Civic EG, 2009-Lancer EX, 2012-JDM WRX,
2012-Civic FD, 2014-Lancer CS3M, 2015- H Stream RSZ.

Posted 29 June 2017 - 02:57 PM

Luckcent
  • Premium member
    Luckcent
    6th Gear
    Author Image

I 'm using DDx 8160 , it comes with Garmin gps maps.

==================================================

Failure is not defeat unless you stop trying

Posted 29 June 2017 - 04:04 PM

weekiat572
  • weekiat572
    Clutched
    Author Image

I 'm using DDx 8160 , it comes with Garmin gps maps.

May i ask how much u got it for ? Any problems connecting to android auto or apple car play?

Posted 29 June 2017 - 04:26 PM

Luckcent
  • Premium member
    Luckcent
    6th Gear
    Author Image

May i ask how much u got it for ? Any problems connecting to android auto or apple car play?

Paiseh, it was a gift, so I do not know the price. Android Auto is ok , you need to download the apps first and then connect but must ensure the model that you have be set to ( on ) for automotive mirroring.

Failure is not defeat unless you stop trying

Posted 01 July 2017 - 12:02 AM

weekiat572
  • weekiat572
    Clutched
    Author Image

Paiseh, it was a gift, so I do not know the price. Android Auto is ok , you need to download the apps first and then connect but must ensure the model that you have be set to ( on ) for automotive mirroring.

Thanx alot for the inputs !

Posted 03 July 2017 - 01:25 PM

jason0705
  • jason0705
    Clutched
    Author Image

My PI is giving me tis model for my car , any inputs or current users who can comment of tis set ? figure_product_large.png

http://www.kenwood.c...ation/ddx917ws/

One of the top end models for 2017. It should be good enough. Wait for your user review after using it.

Posted 03 July 2017 - 01:53 PM

weekiat572
  • weekiat572
    Clutched
    Author Image

One of the top end models for 2017. It should be good enough. Wait for your user review after using it.

Ok , thanx alot , hopefully can try it when i collect car in aug. 

But most importantly  can tis headunit support the sound system i m gonna install ? 

Edited by weekiat572, 03 July 2017 - 01:56 PM.

Posted 07 July 2017 - 04:40 PM

jason0705
  • jason0705
    Clutched
    Author Image

But most importantly  can tis headunit support the sound system i m gonna install ? 

What bombastic sound system you doing?

Posted 07 July 2017 - 04:56 PM

weekiat572
  • weekiat572
    Clutched
    Author Image

What bombastic sound system you doing?

Juz a simple upgrade , cos many ppl told me kenwood units not very gd in supporting audio upgrades . Most ask me to get pioneer instead  esp the pioneer 8850.

Edited by weekiat572, 07 July 2017 - 04:57 PM.

Posted 10 July 2017 - 08:24 AM

Psionix
  • Psionix
    Clutched
    Author Image

But most importantly can tis headunit support the sound system i m gonna install ?

If you are up for it, I can do a trade with you for a 8850 that was used less than 3 months.
Local set, local warranty.
I am also looking for local shops that carries the ddx917ws.
Anyone knows?

Posted 10 July 2017 - 12:07 PM

weekiat572
  • weekiat572
    Clutched
    Author Image

If you are up for it, I can do a trade with you for a 8850 that was used less than 3 months.
Local set, local warranty.
I am also looking for local shops that carries the ddx917ws.
Anyone knows?

M not sure if still available  but the shop at turf city which my PI had ordered from had stocks of it when i went down to view it last week. 

I think the shop name is link auto , its somewhere at the rear far end . Maybe u can try go there n ask.

Posted 10 July 2017 - 12:10 PM

Psionix
  • Psionix
    Clutched
    Author Image

M not sure if still available but the shop at turf city which my PI had ordered from had stocks of it when i went down to view it last week.

I think the shop name is link auto , its somewhere at the rear far end . Maybe u can try go there n ask.

Thanks. Will explore that.
Reason why I need the 917 is cause my new car has a wide stereo from factory.
My current 8850 is too narrow to fit without side brackets.

Posted 10 July 2017 - 12:16 PM

weekiat572
  • weekiat572
    Clutched
    Author Image

Thanks. Will explore that.
Reason why I need the 917 is cause my new car has a wide stereo from factory.
My current 8850 is too narrow to fit without side brackets.

Wat car u getting ?

Posted 10 July 2017 - 12:21 PM

Psionix
  • Psionix
    Clutched
    Author Image

Wat car u getting ?

BRZ

Posted 10 July 2017 - 12:25 PM

weekiat572
  • weekiat572
    Clutched
    Author Image

BRZ

i think can fit nicely  maybe u go ask . 

Posted 10 July 2017 - 12:28 PM

Psionix
  • Psionix
    Clutched
    Author Image

i think can fit nicely  maybe u go ask . 

Yup it will fit very nicely and give off a factory installed feel.

But currently i am researching and trying to ask around on how to keep the OEM USB and AUX ports functions.

Most I see online is that they will sacrifice the OEM AUX function, but I want to keep the factory feel.

So still researching.

Posted 10 July 2017 - 12:36 PM

weekiat572
  • weekiat572
    Clutched
    Author Image

Yup it will fit very nicely and give off a factory installed feel.

But currently i am researching and trying to ask around on how to keep the OEM USB and AUX ports functions.

Most I see online is that they will sacrifice the OEM AUX function, but I want to keep the factory feel.

So still researching.

Do update here  cos i have the same thinking as u.

Posted 10 July 2017 - 12:40 PM

Psionix
  • Psionix
    Clutched
    Author Image

Do update here  cos i have the same thinking as u.

Do u drive a BRZ as well?

Cause the research I do might be only applicable to either Subarus, or Toyotas...

Posted 10 July 2017 - 12:43 PM

weekiat572
  • weekiat572
    Clutched
    Author Image

Do u drive a BRZ as well?

Cause the research I do might be only applicable to either Subarus, or Toyotas...

Nope , m getting the C-HR.

Back to In-Car-Entertainment  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

Pioneer AVH-X2850BT

Pioneer AVH-X2850BT  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Kombahbao  |  Clutched

Reliable HU with a few extra bells and whistles

Came with the Shuttle. Overall a good HU and delivers the basic features flawlessly. Responsive to touch and pretty simple to use for basic stuff. EQ modes are there but I don't play around it much.

Pioneer AVH-X2850BT

Pioneer AVH-X2850BT  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by alsinsin  |  Neutral Newbie

Nice head unit with plenty of possibility

I did not know what to select and followed the advice of the dealer, Knight AA in Sembawang. The screen is quite readable, not requiring anything bigger, bright and sharp. There are plenty of options and it takes a bit of time to master. Twea... » Read More

Related Product Guide search on sgCarMart.com : Kenwood DDX917WS, Multimedia Player, DVD Player

Quick Reply

Tags: toyota, toyotatoyota, c-hr and 5 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users