Marriage registration fees in Singapore to increase

kobayashiGT

Internal Moderator

Now you say "I do" also expensive liao. 

rom-marriage-fees-increased-july-2017-62

For those planning to tie the knot the later half of the year, the Registry of Marriages (ROM) has just announced that they will be increasing the fees starting from 1 July 2017.

According to reports, the price hike will affect foreigners the most with the fees increased to a flat fee of $380 for all dates. Previously it costs $128 on weekdays, $198 on weekends and $298 on popular days.

For Singaporeans and Permanent Residents (PR), the fees will be upped from $26 to $42 for the registration.

A ROM spokesman states the price review was made to keep up with rising operational costs and ensuring quality service for the registrants.

rom-fees-price-hike-1st-july-2017-628x20

Sources: http://www.greatdeals.com.sg/2017/06/28/rom-marriage-registration-fees-increase-1-july-2017

↡ Advertisement

I think some couples will cancel their wedding and save even more on the wedding banquet and honeymoon, not to mention the hdb flat [laugh] [laugh]

Nowadays too many young people chiong to get married and get HDB. So ROM business too good liao, increase price.

They should thank HDB. More good years ahead.

Aiyah...$42 nia! Unless you are a foreigner than its okay with that kind of increase. Bro @KobayashiGT....you tying the knots har? Is it with hmm..hmmm...hmm?

Can take loan?

10 yrs.....0 downpayment....interest 3%.....can?

Aiyah...$42 nia! Unless you are a foreigner than its okay with that kind of increase. Bro @KobayashiGT....you tying the knots har? Is it with hmm..hmmm...hmm?

hv baby can hv rebate? tolong lah..need buy milk :grin:  :grin:

• Praise 1

(edited)

hv baby can hv rebate? tolong lah..need buy milk :grin::grin:

milk go buygoat lar......cheaper and if no like can have skewed or kebab. 3% for personal loan cheap liao hor......if give rebate how to become rich asap? @Radx.....good morning to you too......lol Edited by Eviilusion
  • Praise 1

Internal Moderator

Hahha. Sadly no leh! But that's the thing. I am the group that will be affected! hahhaa. Next time when I am tying knots I will be paying more. 

And to answer your hmm hmm hmm. That is a forever NO. hahha. 

Hypersonic

Hahha. Sadly no leh! But that's the thing. I am the group that will be affected! hahhaa. Next time when I am tying knots I will be paying more. 

wah tio friendzoned....so cham

[bigcry]  :mellow:

Hahha. Sadly no leh! But that's the thing. I am the group that will be affected! hahhaa. Next time when I am tying knots I will be paying more.

ur.....bro....i didnt say who ar? You have someone in mind for the hmm...hmmm....hmmm?

(edited)

Can take loan?

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/singapore-to-raise-marriage-fee-from-jul-1-8984096

ROM said it has in place measures to assist couples who have financial difficulties, and is prepared to waive fees on a case-by-case basis for those who are in need of assistance.

Read more at http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/singapore-to-raise-marriage-fee-from-jul-1-8984096

If need to take loan might as well declare got financial difficulties. Fees waived.

Got to pay for car installments and related misc payments.

Pay for hdb installments.

Give parents allowance

Give govt allowance

No more money.

Edited by Watwheels

Internal Moderator

haha. The increase is insignificant actually. Just that I am a cheapskate. haha. Bro, you think I wanna get married then can get married meh! Also need to find a partner right? 

This video speaks my mind. hahaa. 

ur.....bro....i didnt say who ar? You have someone in mind for the hmm...hmmm....hmmm?

(edited)

haha. The increase is insignificant actually. Just that I am a cheapskate. haha. Bro, you think I wanna get married then can get married meh! Also need to find a partner right?

This video speaks my mind. hahaa.

find 1st.....then think about marriage. You so young, thrifty and handsome......sure got many girls line up for application form! I different......oni 1 queued up for the applcation form..... Edited by Eviilusion

Supersonic

Marriage registration fees can also increased so much? They really know how to generate profit. Think maybe later the admin fees to apply for BTO HDB flat also could increase, cause it is another good way to generate profit.  [rolleyes]

↡ Advertisement