• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
28 replies to this topic | 25 praises

Posted 30 June 2017 - 08:02 AM

Kar_lover
  • Premium member
    Kar_lover
    Supercharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi All

Apologise first if there is another thread elsewhere on this but i did my search and the only thing that came back was all the "carrot" topics.

Anyway as per topic, anyone here used carro (https://carro.sg/) to sell their car? Good or no good? How does it compare to other similar platforms? 

Would appreciate if you could share your experience, good or otherwise. Thanks!!

RadX praised this

Posted 30 June 2017 - 09:12 AM

alfakidz85
  • alfakidz85
    1st Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Heard before but never see before. Just went to take a look. Don't really like the interface or maybe I just resist change. Will just stick to sgcarmart should I need to buy or sell for now.

Posted 30 June 2017 - 10:05 AM

Kar_lover
  • Premium member
    Kar_lover
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Heard before but never see before. Just went to take a look. Don't really like the interface or maybe I just resist change. Will just stick to sgcarmart should I need to buy or sell for now.

By "sgcarmart" you mean quotz or the regular sgcarmart ads? I looked at quotz also. I think quotz is probably the market leader in this and there is already a thread dedicated to them but i just looking at other alternatives. 

Posted 30 June 2017 - 10:18 AM

Quistation
  • Quistation
    1st Gear
    Author Image

By "sgcarmart" you mean quotz or the regular sgcarmart ads? I looked at quotz also. I think quotz is probably the market leader in this and there is already a thread dedicated to them but i just looking at other alternatives. 

I think Carro is just another consignment dealer isn't it?

If you thinking of selling car, there are many ways to do it

1. Advertise and sell by yourself

2. Quotz (sell by bidding to dealers)

3. Consignment agents like Carro. You will find many here: http://www.sgcarmart...consignment.php

4. Trade in to dealer

Good luck to your sale :)

Posted 30 June 2017 - 10:38 AM

Kar_lover
  • Premium member
    Kar_lover
    Supercharged
    Author Image

3. Consignment agents like Carro. You will find many here: http://www.sgcarmart...consignment.php

4. Trade in to dealer

Thanks. Yes i know the various options but (1) is too troublesome, (4) price tends to be low. So i am looking for something in between which provides some support (paperwork, loans, etc) but at better price then trade in.

For Carro they have 2 options, sell direct to buyer and "sell instantly" which is sell to dealer (i think neither is consignment). Quotz is slightly more troublesome as need to send car down for survey, photoshoot etc but a quick look at their past records look rather promising. For Carro instant sell don't need to do anything just wait for the dealers to bid. I am sure price not as good as quotz but question is how much lower. If it's not much lower then i will prefer through carro as i don't really have time to send car down and all that.

For reference, dealer offer me $52k for my car but the same car and age as mine in quotz I saw was sold at $60k. But I also read a few comments that upon meet up with dealer, some of them try to bargain down so the bid they put up is not strictly firm. 

Posted 30 June 2017 - 10:39 AM

Victor68
  • Premium member
    Victor68
    6th Gear
    Author Image

my experiences show almost all quotes come from dealers. therefore no difference actually 

Posted 30 June 2017 - 11:16 AM

Kar_lover
  • Premium member
    Kar_lover
    Supercharged
    Author Image

my experiences show almost all quotes come from dealers. therefore no difference actually 

Yes, not surprising. But at least can hope for better offer as usually when AD call just a few of their regular dealers to quote, the price tends to be not good. As i mentioned, saw that Quotz could get significantly higher offer than what my AD offer me. 

Posted 30 June 2017 - 11:29 AM

villan
  • Premium member
    villan
    Clutched
    Author Image

Yes, not surprising. But at least can hope for better offer as usually when AD call just a few of their regular dealers to quote, the price tends to be not good. As i mentioned, saw that Quotz could get significantly higher offer than what my AD offer me. 

is it normal for quotz to indicate a range instead of an amount?

Posted 30 June 2017 - 11:52 AM

mersaylee
  • mersaylee
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Call Quotz for free valuation. They will come back with a best offer for your car.

I sold mine near scrap car to one of their contacts without having to make a trip down...

I managed to negotiate to keep the car till one week to coe expiry. Usually they'd prefer 2-3 weeks... maybe to use as rental or courtesy car for workshop.

Posted 30 June 2017 - 11:57 AM

wongpumpkins
  • wongpumpkins
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

recently ask " Motorist.sg" to quote..price not bad..

Posted 30 June 2017 - 12:29 PM

Victor68
  • Premium member
    Victor68
    6th Gear
    Author Image

i also tried the sph thing but trade in to AD at the same price when i book the car. car biz is an art, all these discounts are actually built in then reduced. like the GSS haha

advantage of trade in is, one to one exchange

Posted 30 June 2017 - 01:07 PM

Kar_lover
  • Premium member
    Kar_lover
    Supercharged
    Author Image

is it normal for quotz to indicate a range instead of an amount?

To what i know Quotz is a bidding system so it is an exact figure. Not a range.

Posted 30 June 2017 - 01:12 PM

Kar_lover
  • Premium member
    Kar_lover
    Supercharged
    Author Image

recently ask " Motorist.sg" to quote..price not bad..

Thanks, will take a look.

Posted 30 June 2017 - 04:57 PM

Jusnel
  • Jusnel
    6th Gear
    Author Image

4. Trade in to dealer

You can go to Carousel and ask those EXPORT dealers.  I did it this way.  These dealers are not 2nd hand car dealers. They are export or scrap dealers.  And from my experience, they offer much higher price than 2nd hand dealer and even Quotz.  And they pay cash.

But in the end, i managed to sell it myself to direct buyer, with the best price. 

So try Carousel.

Kangadrool praised this

Posted 30 June 2017 - 08:59 PM

Solar
  • Premium member
    Solar
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

To what i know Quotz is a bidding system so it is an exact figure. Not a range.

U can do a search in the forum regards to Quotez.
Shared by folks before.

My experience. The price given to u is provided by dealers.
It's not binding cos they have not seen the car yet.
There were feedback that some dealers play punk and attempt to lower their reseller quote.

For me I didn't go beyond getting the quote cos theirs was the same as what the AD offered for my old car.

Posted 01 July 2017 - 10:30 AM

Kar_lover
  • Premium member
    Kar_lover
    Supercharged
    Author Image

U can do a search in the forum regards to Quotez.
Shared by folks before.

My experience. The price given to u is provided by dealers.
It's not binding cos they have not seen the car yet.
There were feedback that some dealers play punk and attempt to lower their reseller quote.

For me I didn't go beyond getting the quote cos theirs was the same as what the AD offered for my old car.

Yes i did read up that thread.

Anyway Carro no good la. They offer me scrap value for my 5 yr old car. Lol. Waste time.
Solar praised this

Posted 01 July 2017 - 12:42 PM

WoRmHao
  • Premium member
    WoRmHao
    1st Gear
    Author Image

I think carousel is best for direct seller. Quote a reasonable price, sure got people interested.

Posted 01 July 2017 - 01:25 PM

Notsogoodman
  • Premium member
    Notsogoodman
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Isn't sgcarmart the fastest and most direct to reach out to individual buyers?

Posted 01 July 2017 - 07:13 PM

Soya
  • Soya
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Whatever u do, don't waste time on consignment.
Mkl22 praised this

Posted 01 July 2017 - 07:46 PM

Mkl22
  • Mkl22
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Whatever u do, don't waste time on consignment.

Ya. Very often the consignement car becomes the lunch wagon for the salesman.

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users