COE Bidding – 1st Round of July 2017

Carbon82

Hypersonic

He's suffering concussion from finishing the whole nasi lemak burger...haha.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Carbon82 老兄, where are you? July's 2nd bidding exercies coming .

Bro, my data on company server, which is under scheduled maintenance today. Will start the thread tomorrow morning (provided my boss don't 7 early 8 early give me challenging task. [:p] 

He's suffering concussion from finishing the whole nasi lemak burger...haha.

Bro, the truth is that my son and I each took another MacChicken after having the Nasi Lemak burger. Frankly, while it is good, I prefer going for the real thing, at < half the price. [:|] 

• Praise 5

I understand your frustrations, but since this is the only way down for the future generations, what can we as the current generation do about it?

The country is going downhill, because the younger generation is less motivated than previous ones. Cars getting more expensive and impossible to get, houses also reaching millions and yet shrink to the size of a tennis court. Already seen many people not motivated, some work part time jobs and earn enough to live by, don't want to go further up. Some left Singapore for better opportunities and living places. What can motivate them further here if cars and houses keep on increasing prices?

The govt wants it's people to be hungry to compete with other countries but if they continue to "dangle the food higher and higher", eventually people stop being more hungry or some would just go elsewhere to find more food.

I sort of agreed with your point. When the price of house and car are out of reach (not that everyone is entitled to it), those potential buyer will get demoralised if they fail to achieve their goad after working hard for years. But on the other end, I know of people (in this group) that when they cannot save enough for what they want, they spend it on other things, such as watches / brand stuff, exotic travel and you guess it, FOOD.

So in some way, I think our government do see that and is using such mentality to boost economy in short term. But really, I don't think such strategy work well in long run, as it generally lower it citizen spending power and making us "poorer".

• Praise 5

Supersonic
(edited)

FOOD.

And blame Singaporeans getting obese.

Haha..., the irony.

How is the showroom crowd this weekend?

Pretty crowded. Some cars like the Toyota Corolla, Honda HRV and Mazda 3 have to wait very long to test drive. Edited by DACH

I sort of agreed with your point. When the price of house and car are out of reach (not that everyone is entitled to it), those potential buyer will get demoralised if they fail to achieve their goad after working hard for years. But on the other end, I know of people (in this group) that when they cannot save enough for what they want, they spend it on other things, such as watches / brand stuff, exotic travel and you guess it, FOOD.

So in some way, I think our government do see that and is using such mentality to boost economy in short term. But really, I don't think such strategy work well in long run, as it generally lower it citizen spending power and making us "poorer".

Poorer

And

Poorer

And blame Singaporeans getting obese.

Haha..., the irony.

Pretty crowded. Some cars like the Toyota Corolla, Honda HRV and Mazda 3 have to wait very long to test drive.

Xiao liao la... So crowded means this round coe will go up... There goes my dream of owning at bezza at 60k... Sigh... :(
  • Praise 1

Mazda is very crowded but maybe due to CX5 launched. However I am not very sure why the showroom at Leng Kee display so many cars with the "SOLD". No Mazda 6 (except one wagon) on display too. 

Toyota is very crowded and the main focus is Harrier and maybe RAV4 (maybe clearing this?)? However, zero cat A car on display. There is one and only Altis for test drive. Meaning most Cat A (or even B?) still not ready for Euro 6? 

• Praise 1

Supersonic

Mazda is very crowded but maybe due to CX5 launched. However I am not very sure why the showroom at Leng Kee display so many cars with the "SOLD". No Mazda 6 (except one wagon) on display too.

Toyota is very crowded and the main focus is Harrier and maybe RAV4 (maybe clearing this?)? However, zero cat A car on display. There is one and only Altis for test drive. Meaning most Cat A (or even B?) still not ready for Euro 6?

Actually all of the new cars are EURO 6 ready, according to some of the brands that I have asked. New Corolla Altis is EURO 6 compliant.

However cars like Honda Jazz will have the EURO 6 variant once the face lift version is brought in within the next few months.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Actually all of the new cars are EURO 6 ready, according to some of the brands that I have asked. New Corolla Altis is EURO 6 compliant.

However cars like Honda Jazz will have the EURO 6 variant once the face lift version is brought in within the next few months.

Quite a number already euro 6, Kia price list almost are models all listed as Euro 6. Also noticed the new Euro 6 Altis got better fuel consumption as listed compared to the previous model.

Quite a number already euro 6, Kia price list almost are models all listed as Euro 6. Also noticed the new Euro 6 Altis got better fuel consumption as listed compared to the previous model.

Euro 6 is meets VES? ie $0 penalty? 

(edited)

drove past Mazda Ubit yesterday at 7pm still bright n got many ppl in showroom... others around it off lights already.

Toyota, many buyers around Harrier, Altis & Wish. Altis & Wish are already Euro 6 compliant

Mazda "sold" cars are showroom cars sold at a discount of $500 (iirc the last time I enquire)

Edited by Kzone

, Kia price list almost are models all listed as Euro 6.

Hey Bro ....Where you see this? I had a quick glance on the price list i might has missed it 

drove past Mazda Ubit yesterday at 7pm still bright n got many ppl in showroom... others around it off lights already.

Toyota, many buyers around Harrier, Altis & Wish. Altis & Wish are already Euro 6 compliant

Mazda "sold" cars are showroom cars sold at a discount of $500 (iirc the last time I enquire)

Only $500 off ? I though st least 1-2k off for demo and test drive units.

Only $500 off ? I though st least 1-2k off for demo and test drive units.

Unless I remember wrongly, that was what I was told when I inquired about the Mazda 5 "sold" unit.

Last time my dad bought a ford laser also discount $500 cos 1 buyer backed out last min. But that was 1981. Now they still giving $500 discount only? Hehe

Unless I remember wrongly, that was what I was told when I inquired about the Mazda 5 "sold" unit.

Maybe they follow the model number... Mazda 5=$500, mazda 3=$300, Mazda 2=200?

:) :) :)

↡ Advertisement