COE Bidding – 1st Round of July 2017

Carbon82

Went to kah motor leng kee. Damm quiet Sia.

If Coe drop,showroom still quiet,

either they will bid lower to attract buyer or they will bid high to create panic mode.

↡ Advertisement

Supersonic

So far the only two persons I know who gave up driving a couple of years back, one has bought again recently. The other is a retiree with unstable income.

New entrant drivers there are many many, some with more than two cars per family. 

OT but shouldn't retiree have the most stable income?

Heard from a few of my friends.. all decided to give up buying coe until next year for better clarity of economy health. They don't want to be trapped by a plunging coe

Already plunge lor ..from 90s to lows 40s, just 3yrs plus ago.

Turbocharged

Already plunge lor ..from 90s to lows 40s, just 3yrs plus ago.

2.5 years back when my COE was expiring it was about $60k+, a vezel that time was almost $130k if i'm not wrong, now can get one for slightly below $100k

Turbocharged

well, $40k for that piece of paper is high. But, if you need or want it, no choice. if you can forgo owning car, actually that is the best option both for yourself and environment 

• Praise 2

Supersonic

well, $40k for that piece of paper is high. But, if you need or want it, no choice. if you can forgo owning car, actually that is the best option both for yourself and environment

It will be good for your pocket but wont help the environment because government will continue to issued the set forth quota, if one does not take up the COE , someone else would, so the net damage to the environment remains no change.

It will be good for your pocket but wont help the environment because government will continue to issued the set forth quota, if one does not take up the COE , someone else would, so the net damage to the environment remains no change.

Actually with the increase in the number of private hire vehicles that clock more mileage, the pollutant to environment should have increased

Actually with the increase in the number of private hire vehicles that clock more mileage, the pollutant to environment should have increased

But with PHV, actually the net utility per car goes up because PHV cars does more good by ferrying people around rather than private cars which sit in carpark most of the time

Turbocharged

Well, you will know by 3.58 pm. haha. I think it will be $1-2k range going by the feel. AD not hungry yet show they have enough to eat and holding power.

Supersonic

I doubt it will still drop after 3 rounds of drops liao. 

If this round still drop, it means coe will reach another new level liao. 

Supersonic

For Cat A coe, price already drop from 51k in apr until 42k in jun. So if it continue to drop this round, wouldnt it be below 40k? Dont know if garment would allow such thing to happen?

↡ Advertisement