Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
38 replies to this topic | 113 praises

Posted 02 July 2017 - 11:46 AM

Haroujf
  • Haroujf
    Clutched
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

was involved in an car accident, and i am not at fault. aka, people bang me from the back.

What should i do as my car is due for scrap 1 month+ away.

is there still anything i can claim? workshop says may not be able to claim repair cuz of COE expiring soon, insurance may not pay out. 

anything i can claim from the third party? possible to claim car down time?

Posted 02 July 2017 - 12:23 PM

Yeshe
  • Premium member
    Yeshe
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

was involved in an car accident, and i am not at fault. aka, people bang me from the back.

is there still anything i can claim? workshop says may not be able to claim repair cuz of COE expiring soon, insurance may not pay out.

Who say cannot claim? If u wanna renew COE how?
Thaiyotakamli, Blueray and 2 Anonymous members praised this

Posted 02 July 2017 - 12:23 PM

Si4dr
  • Premium member
    Si4dr
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Still driveable? If can private settlement lor..

Leo72, Deividz, Blueray and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 02 July 2017 - 12:29 PM

Leo72
  • Leo72
    5th Gear
    Author Image

is there still anything i can claim? workshop says may not be able to claim repair cuz of COE expiring soon, insurance may not pay out. 

Try to do private settlement, if the other party don't want, either proceed to claim or do the below as I suggested.

Why cannot claim? You can renew COE after the repair and continue to drive. Which WS say cannot claim for repair, look for any 3rd party WS since it's not your fault, they'll claim for you. Of course id you don't wish to renew COE and intend to scrap, maybe can talk to your insurance company to help you get a reasonable compensation instead of repair or find friend who know a 3rd party WS to help you get a reasonable compensation but of course, you need to pay the WS some service charge.

Edited by Leo72, 02 July 2017 - 12:30 PM.

1 Anonymous member praised this
Tailgater and road hogger, please stay away from me. Queue cutter, please cut queue behind me.

Posted 02 July 2017 - 12:59 PM

ER-3682
  • Premium member
    ER-3682
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Hit from behind most easy to claim....Just tell them repair it,& claim loss of Use.

Fairlady.

Posted 02 July 2017 - 01:08 PM

mersaylee
  • mersaylee
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Had same experience...my WS and their lawyer happily claimed the other party insurance...I only took the crumbs...But expect 6-9 months wait for payout.

Posted 02 July 2017 - 05:01 PM

wpy
  • Premium member
    wpy
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

is there still anything i can claim? workshop says may not be able to claim repair cuz of COE expiring soon, insurance may not pay out.

If you've paid the premium for the whole year, how can the insurance coy not pay out?

Posted 02 July 2017 - 05:33 PM

Yeshe
  • Premium member
    Yeshe
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

If you've paid the premium for the whole year, how can the insurance coy not pay out?

He is claiming 3rd party, not own insurance.

Posted 02 July 2017 - 05:54 PM

Haroujf
  • Haroujf
    Clutched
    Author Image

thanks guys for your prompt reply. i guess i will claim loss of use. not sure how long the repair will take.

but will i be able to claim loss of use, if i scrap the car early? 

the car that hit me has are under the same insurance as me....

Posted 02 July 2017 - 05:59 PM

Mkl22
  • Mkl22
    Supercharged
    Author Image

thanks guys for your prompt reply. i guess i will claim loss of use. not sure how long the repair will take.

Ntuc? If not still ok.

Posted 02 July 2017 - 06:51 PM

ER-3682
  • Premium member
    ER-3682
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Insurance Companies access Case by Case,doesn't means Same Insurance Company,,they won't pay...

Fairlady.

Posted 02 July 2017 - 07:21 PM

Rustyz
  • Premium member
    Rustyz
    6th Gear
    Author Image

If the guy is nice and apologetic I will let go. If damn GL you can even go AD even if car have 5 day of COE.

Be careful if you selling your car To Car dealer then need repair.
kykh and 1 Anonymous member praised this
If anyone can have it, I don't want it.

Posted 02 July 2017 - 08:59 PM

D3badge
  • D3badge
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Lol agree even on the last day also must pay as insurance collected premium

He is claiming 3rd party, not own insurance.

Even own insurance also can claim as premium paid will cover you the date regardless Coe expiring or not.

And like some said nobody know whether will you renew Coe or not .

Posted 02 July 2017 - 09:02 PM

Yeshe
  • Premium member
    Yeshe
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Lol agree even on the last day also must pay as insurance collected premium

Even own insurance also can claim as premium paid will cover you the date regardless Coe expiring or not.

And like some said nobody know whether will you renew Coe or not .

hello, it does not make sense to claim own insurance especially if TS is certain 100% liability from the 3rd party.

Claim own insurance means there will be loading on the next premium especially TS is going to renew soon.

Posted 02 July 2017 - 09:58 PM

wpy
  • Premium member
    wpy
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

hello, it does not make sense to claim own insurance especially if TS is certain 100% liability from the 3rd party.
Claim own insurance means there will be loading on the next premium especially TS is going to renew soon.

my understanding is that you make the claim through your own insurance company, and your insurance coy then decides whether to claim against the other party's coy based on the reports. You don't actually claim against the other party's insurance.

Posted 02 July 2017 - 10:33 PM

mersaylee
  • mersaylee
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

I've claimed OD once when the other party was at total fault in pity of the poor old lorry driver...

Went to AD for repair amounted to a few Ks...my insurer helped claimed back from the other insurer with full NCD reinstated and no loading upon renewal.
Privacy and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 02 July 2017 - 10:47 PM

wpy
  • Premium member
    wpy
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

I've claimed OD once when the other party was at total fault in pity of the poor old lorry driver...

Went to AD for repair amounted to a few Ks...my insurer helped claimed back from the other insurer with full NCD reinstated and no loading upon renewal.

Yes, that's what I thought. You inform your own insurance company and they take care of your repairs. If the accident was the other party's fault, then your insurance coy settles with them and no impact on your Ncd.

Posted 02 July 2017 - 11:16 PM

mersaylee
  • mersaylee
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Yes, that's what I thought. You inform your own insurance company and they take care of your repairs. If the accident was the other party's fault, then your insurance coy settles with them and no impact on your Ncd.

What my insurer then did was to recover my excess, NCD and the loss of use. Not sure if they claim the remaining full from the other insurer...not my concern anyway.

All in all, I took back whatever I forked out to the AD for the repair.
Atrecord and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 03 July 2017 - 12:58 AM

Yeshe
  • Premium member
    Yeshe
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

my understanding is that you make the claim through your own insurance company, and your insurance coy then decides whether to claim against the other party's coy based on the reports. You don't actually claim against the other party's insurance.

yes, thats the ideal scenario, however there is a risk u will have loading in the premium since the time frame is so short.

if there is no risk, then why is there if an option of 3rd party claim??

Posted 03 July 2017 - 06:26 AM

Kopites
  • Kopites
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

just curious. TS is it you wanted to claim but don't want to repair since the car is due to scrap in less than month.

Workshop generally will help you to file claim even less than a week due for scrap. Workshop even more happy.

Edited by Kopites, 03 July 2017 - 06:27 AM.

Mustank praised this

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

Tags: accident, coe expiring, insurance and 4 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users