Car Accident 1 month plus before COE expiry - What to do?

Haroujf

Turbocharged

my understanding is that you make the claim through your own insurance company, and your insurance coy then decides whether to claim against the other party's coy based on the reports. You don't actually claim against the other party's insurance.

yes, thats the ideal scenario, however there is a risk u will have loading in the premium since the time frame is so short.

if there is no risk, then why is there if an option of 3rd party claim??

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

just curious. TS is it you wanted to claim but don't want to repair since the car is due to scrap in less than month.

Workshop generally will help you to file claim even less than a week due for scrap. Workshop even more happy.

Edited by Kopites
  • Praise 1

I've claimed OD once when the other party was at total fault in pity of the poor old lorry driver...

Went to AD for repair amounted to a few Ks...my insurer helped claimed back from the other insurer with full NCD reinstated and no loading upon renewal.

The other time my mom got claimed by a cyclist. He dashed out from zebra crossing although TP say is cyclist at fault but the insurance premium went up as there was a claimed. So beware.
  • Praise 2

The other time my mom got claimed by a cyclist. He dashed out from zebra crossing although TP say is cyclist at fault but the insurance premium went up as there was a claimed. So beware.

Singapore law is always this fcukup...  whether its cyclist or pedestrian, if they dash out suddently and we bang them, the driver will be at fault... not the 1st time seeing/ hearding such cases already..

• Praise 4

Singapore law is always this fcukup... whether its cyclist or pedestrian, if they dash out suddently and we bang them, the driver will be at fault... not the 1st time seeing/ hearding such cases already..

First appeal letter kena rejected, even thought of MPS for for help they say no point. Bo Biao went down to present evidence that my mom did check blind spot and emphasisthat zebra cross or traffic light is for cyclist to dismount and look out for car. The new app bicycle rental company is opening a can of worm plus those ebike and scooter and no proper education and culture more accident bound to happen. Drive safe and have car cam and don't mute. Accident can be prevented but everyone must play an active role.

Furthermore in Australia I had a Friend who have to compensate a car due to her reckless riding and failure to wear proper gear. This type is fair game. Singapore law is siding the weaker party and it unfair

Or the super rich. Haha

Twincharged

First appeal letter kena rejected, even thought of MPS for for help they say no point. Bo Biao went down to present evidence that my mom did check blind spot and emphasisthat zebra cross or traffic light is for cyclist to dismount and look out for car. The new app bicycle rental company is opening a can of worm plus those ebike and scooter and no proper education and culture more accident bound to happen. Drive safe and have car cam and don't mute. Accident can be prevented but everyone must play an active role.

Furthermore in Australia I had a Friend who have to compensate a car due to her reckless riding and failure to wear proper gear. This type is fair game. Singapore law is siding the weaker party and it unfair

Or the super rich. Haha

Won't be getting any better now that they allow cyclists to cycle on the footpaths. 

Won't be getting any better now that they allow cyclists to cycle on the footpaths.

They need send them to road safety park and build more of such park.

Education and safety culture must be instill. Nowadays people still dare at you when they are at fault. Tsk tsk.

Twincharged

They need send them to road safety park and build more of such park.

Education and safety culture must be instill. Nowadays people still dare at you when they are at fault. Tsk tsk.

no need road safety park la. the dumb ones get eliminated via darwin's theory of evolution. it will just be unfortunate for the driver who knock into them

Ya. I was so stress when driving beside cyclist, thy just dun bother.

There was once an old aunty (50s) 1 hand smoke and 1 hand hold the bicycle. I was behind her. It was 3 lanes road ,I need to be on left lane (same lane as her) so I can turn.

After awhile I horned her lightly. Cuz wanted to let her know is dangerous to ride and smoke at the same time as the bicycle was going zig zag. Then happens traffic light and she was beside me, my toddler was in the front car seat between me and her. She kept stare at me ... I so worry she may hit the door and may frighten my toddler.

Some cyclists or drivers are so negative. Horn doesn’t mean show off ...I drive Sz swift not Ferrari! What to show off. Horn just to remind them dangerous. I dun mind people horn me.

Gov shouldn’t allowed cyclist on road is so dangerous!

You say you are going to renew COE for this car.

I want to claim gao-gao.

Tell to your insurance company.

You can also tell your worrkshop that you want to claim and I don't care how much it would cost.

The workshop sure smile at you and proceed with collecting your Driving license, insurance document and pass you a key for the courtesy car for 10 days let you drive gao-gao

Hi guys, thanks for all the reply. Just sorted things out and understand the entire thing.

Workshop says they don't dare to repair the car for me cuz they say insurer only willing to pay for repair based on residual market value of the car. As my car not much coe left. If I die die we t go repair, insurer will want me to go renew my coe first. With the coe renew den they are willing to assess the car with a higher market value for repair.. So it's not based on I sukasuka say i want renew coe den claim and end up not renewing... So now I llst can only claim loss of used and the remaining value of the car and take back my scrap and unused coe... really llst.. bo tai bo chi kana piang and can't claim much too.. biggest regret is I can't even wash my car for the last time before I see it go... i was telling myself to wash it one last time before sending it for scrap.. emo...as the car been thru quite a lot with me during my several years with it :(

• Praise 4

Ask your insurer to ask for compensation from the third party insurer and scrap car thereafter. Maybe 1 or 2k .

No such thing as free lunch.

• Praise 1

was involved in an car accident, and i am not at fault. aka, people bang me from the back.

What should i do as my car is due for scrap 1 month+ away.

is there still anything i can claim? workshop says may not be able to claim repair cuz of COE expiring soon, insurance may not pay out. 

anything i can claim from the third party? possible to claim car down time?

Hi,

I kena  before many years back.  We also kena banged by a taxi.  We had 2 options since our car left one month, one was to service the car and another option was not to service the car. 

End up we chose not to service the car and insurer compensated us some $ (I forgot the amount liao, I think it was S$800 or S$1800).  After that we scrapped the car and got back the scrap value too.  We were happy.   

Hi guys, thanks for all the reply. Just sorted things out and understand the entire thing.

Workshop says they don't dare to repair the car for me cuz they say insurer only willing to pay for repair based on residual market value of the car. As my car not much coe left. If I die die we t go repair, insurer will want me to go renew my coe first. With the coe renew den they are willing to assess the car with a higher market value for repair.. So it's not based on I sukasuka say i want renew coe den claim and end up not renewing... So now I llst can only claim loss of used and the remaining value of the car and take back my scrap and unused coe... really llst.. bo tai bo chi kana piang and can't claim much too.. biggest regret is I can't even wash my car for the last time before I see it go... i was telling myself to wash it one last time before sending it for scrap.. emo...as the car been thru quite a lot with me during my several years with it :(

Hi Haroujf,

Can I check with you what is "remaining value of the car" and who and how did they determine it?

I am in a similar situation as you and my workshop is telling me I need to renew COE first then can claim repair. Alternatively, I can scrap car and get compensated for loss of use (maximum 6 days) + car body value ($200-300). Sounds absurd to me because my car could fetch $1.5k+ if I export it when COE expires in December.

Aiyah cannot even give the car one last

bubble bath before say bye bye.

:D

I can feel your sadness.

Got new ride?

Twincharged

Ya. This is usually what happens. That's why for old cars with 1-2 years left or COE cars, just get third-party coverage enough already. Cuz they will usually just write off the car.

Ya. This is usually what happens. That's why for old cars with 1-2 years left or COE cars, just get third-party coverage enough already. Cuz they will usually just write off the car.

Does 3rd party cover medical assuming I or my passengers get injured or killed?

Should probably check with the agent for my next renewal.

↡ Advertisement