• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
67 replies to this topic | 89 praises

Posted 07 July 2017 - 11:45 AM

Passion
  • Premium member
    Passion
    Supercharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Now can use Diesel car for Uber/Grab? I thought LTA ban diesel car for PH?

Posted 07 July 2017 - 11:47 AM

Soya
  • Soya
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Why would LTA ban diesel car for uber or grab??

Posted 07 July 2017 - 11:56 AM

Kangadrool
  • Premium member
    Kangadrool
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I think they will allow any car as long as it is a normal car as can be LTA registered as such. Nothing amphivous or fligier though. [laugh]  

Posted 07 July 2017 - 12:06 PM

Passion
  • Premium member
    Passion
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Why would LTA ban diesel car for uber or grab??

cause diesel is not taxed as compared to petrol. Hence, potential income lost for them. Given the long distance it is traveling, diesel will be more worth it. Also, I don't think PH cars are subjected to 7 years life span, compared to taxis.

Posted 07 July 2017 - 12:15 PM

Soya
  • Soya
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

cause diesel is not taxed as compared to petrol. Hence, potential income lost for them. Given the long distance it is traveling, diesel will be more worth it. Also, I don't think PH cars are subjected to 7 years life span, compared to taxis.

PH cars are like normal, regular cars w 10 yr COE isn't it?

My concern is it can be easily sold off as a pte car in the secondhand car mkt and the buyer wouldn't even know it was a grab/uber car b4....
RH1667 and Blueray praised this

Posted 07 July 2017 - 12:18 PM

Kyrios
  • Kyrios
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Got the PHV decal? Maybe it is just doing hitch..

Posted 07 July 2017 - 12:22 PM

Passion
  • Premium member
    Passion
    Supercharged
    Author Image

My concern is it can be easily sold off as a pte car in the secondhand car mkt and the buyer wouldn't even know it was a grab/uber car b4....

not sure man. I lost touch with LTA ruling after I bought my cars. hahah!

Got the PHV decal? Maybe it is just doing hitch..

Got. It is stick behind the car on the windscreen.

Posted 07 July 2017 - 12:28 PM

Nzy
  • Premium member
    Nzy
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I think diesel can. I saw a diesel Q7 and diesel E-class with the PHV decal.

Posted 07 July 2017 - 12:39 PM

Kyrios
  • Kyrios
    6th Gear
    Author Image

I think diesel can. I saw a diesel Q7 and diesel E-class with the PHV decal.

Fwah..elites need to drive PHV for a living also? [shocked]

ok lah..mebbe as a sideline..

RH1667 praised this

Posted 07 July 2017 - 12:56 PM

AltisOwner
  • Premium member
    AltisOwner
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Yesterday saw a Merc C180 with PHV decal....

Posted 07 July 2017 - 12:57 PM

RH1667
  • Premium member
    RH1667
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

They will tell you driving PHV to get to know more people, not for the income  [laugh]

Angcheek, Pocy, Uncle2, Pinobii, Mustank and Sunny praised this

Posted 07 July 2017 - 01:01 PM

Mcf777
  • Mcf777
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I guess they may be from Limosine company.

Recently saw Singapore car no 88 (New Merc S400) in Malaysia KL with PHV decal.

There are many PHV Audi cars at Changi Airport. Belongs to one of the limosine company

Edited by Mcf777, 07 July 2017 - 01:18 PM.

Kyrios praised this

Posted 07 July 2017 - 01:10 PM

Soya
  • Soya
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Saw a 740i w a PHV decal too. Hard times indeed.....

Posted 07 July 2017 - 01:20 PM

Passion
  • Premium member
    Passion
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Wah.. really difficult times ahead.

Posted 07 July 2017 - 04:21 PM

Nzy
  • Premium member
    Nzy
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Saw a 740i w a PHV decal too. Hard times indeed.....

I think those are limo company car. Rolls Royce also have decal.

Posted 07 July 2017 - 04:24 PM

Kangadrool
  • Premium member
    Kangadrool
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

They are passionate about serving the commoners. Sharing is Caring. :D

Posted 07 July 2017 - 04:32 PM

Passion
  • Premium member
    Passion
    Supercharged
    Author Image

I wonder what group they belong to, is it Exec range or just normal grab car range.

Those plate doesn't look like limo service. Why would limo service go and bid buy E prefix plate and or reuse SGF prefix plate? I think likely is personal car use for ferrying people.

Posted 07 July 2017 - 08:56 PM

Benarsenal
  • Benarsenal
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Private hire not the same as taxi la. Private hire are private cars for personal use, doing Uber/Grab on the side. By right supposed to be like that la.

Posted 07 July 2017 - 09:52 PM

Ct3833
  • Ct3833
    6th Gear
    Author Image

I know of angmoh expats who do not drive but travel with Merce S class or BM 7 series uber transport. There is certainly a niche market for it.

Posted 07 July 2017 - 10:13 PM

Tohto
  • Premium member
    Tohto
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Especially all the Ah Meng 2nd hand dealer tuned the car odometer..

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

Tags: volvo, volvouber, grab, diesel and 1 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users