Volvo Diesel as Uber/Grab

Passion

Twincharged
(edited)

Hmm... why rental companies offer MPVs leh? Does it command higher rate c.f. sedan? The Touran I saw was at Tampines on Sat afternoon. 5 persons went into the car, which is not possible for normal sedan. Wondering whether the customer had to pay more for a MPV...

Got UberXL. Can carry up to 6 passenger. So I guess these MPV used for uberXL lo. But if u lucky sometimes book normal uberX also get the MPV. I ever got a Stream pick me even though I never choose UberXL.

I have seen Alphard and Mazda Biante used for Uber also. The Mazda Biante I spotted was at Autobacs covering his PHV decal with a black sticker. Lol.

Edited by Nzy
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Got UberXL. Can carry up to 6 passenger. So I guess these MPV used for uberXL lo. But if u lucky sometimes book normal uberX also get the MPV. I ever got a Stream pick me even though I never choose UberXL.

wah lao... i really noob on this  [laugh]

Still got XL... Got XXL, or 3XL or not  :grin: ?

Maybe the stavic if got 4 rows, can be XXL, carry 8 pax, then get a hi ace van with seats (those mini bus type) can carry up to 12?

• Praise 1

Another way to spot a rental car.

Car has no window tint and no sports rim (except for a cover).

Rental car companies normally won't pay money for these, unless they are already paid for by someone else.

The sport rim spotting not accurate liao, Now also got private owners driving new cars with wheel cover liao.

I am one of them because the dealer offered the sport rims deisgn are too limited, i rather get abit of discount & get a better design outside.

must charge detention & demurrage. [laugh]

I read about Ikea. Siomeone mention don't pickup there late in the evening, otherwise you bcum UberMover.

I myself kena once. This angmo got not 1 but 3 trolleys full of stuffs.

He insist in pushing everything into my car, and that includes 2 adults and 2 children.

In the meantime I had blocked other cars bcuz he was taking his time, trying to load them all in.

That is the last time, I'm picking up from Ikea. [thumbsdown]

(edited)

I think we can't really generalise lah. There are those who only do a little bit of driving just for pocket money (maybe 2 hours a day, or on weekends only). And there are those who really are personal cars who do the occasional trip. So PHV may not necessarily be high mileage.

My carpark here got one 7 Series with the PHV sticker, but most of the daytime it sits around parked. I think the guy only does selected trips when he feels like it. He clearly doesn't need the money.

Can Renew COE or COE vehicles be private hire as UBER / Grab?

Uber has a restriction, car must be below 10 years old. Grab I'm not so sure.

I read about Ikea. Siomeone mention don't pickup there late in the evening, otherwise you bcum UberMover.

I myself kena once. This angmo got not 1 but 3 trolleys full of stuffs.

He insist in pushing everything into my car, and that includes 2 adults and 2 children.

In the meantime I had blocked other cars bcuz he was taking his time, trying to load them all in.

That is the last time, I'm picking up from Ikea. [thumbsdown]

I picked up this Indian couple from Mustafa once. They bought 3 months worth of groceries. CCB.

Mustafa is the worst place to pickup. Bloody congested, no place to stop.

Edited by Benarsenal

I think we can't really generalise lah. There are those who only do a little bit of driving just for pocket money (maybe 2 hours a day, or on weekends only). And there are those who really are personal cars who do the occasional trip. So PHV may not necessarily be high mileage.

My carpark here got one 7 Series with the PHV sticker, but most of the daytime it sits around parked. I think the guy only does selected trips when he feels like it. He clearly doesn't need the money.

Uber has a restriction, car must be below 10 years old. Grab I'm not so sure.

I picked up this Indian couple from Mustafa once. They bought 3 months worth of groceries. CCB.

Mustafa is the worst place to pickup. Bloody congested, no place to stop.

Long before all these uber/grab (and I'm talking about 15 yr ago), a friend of mine already said when he comes back to SG (he was stationed in US, Thailand, China, etc. for about 20 yr, and just got posted back to SG 3 yr ago), that when he retires, he might go get a taxi license, and rent one to pick up a few passengers a day, so that he won't kanna complaint or banned.

But the intention is really to have a vehicle so that he can run errands, go marketing, or ferry family members... At that time, his calculations seemed to make sense, but not sure about now.

I won't be surprised that some of the PHV drivers also have this mindset, and are not those type that are waiting for every dollar from the fare collected to provide for the next meal for the family.

Wah, yours is what car? Scully kanna those 4 x plus-size passengers, + 3 months worth of rice and mineral water (not toilet paper)... Think car gone'ed liao...

Twincharged
(edited)

Long before all these uber/grab (and I'm talking about 15 yr ago), a friend of mine already said when he comes back to SG (he was stationed in US, Thailand, China, etc. for about 20 yr, and just got posted back to SG 3 yr ago), that when he retires, he might go get a taxi license, and rent one to pick up a few passengers a day, so that he won't kanna complaint or banned.

But the intention is really to have a vehicle so that he can run errands, go marketing, or ferry family members... At that time, his calculations seemed to make sense, but not sure about now.

I won't be surprised that some of the PHV drivers also have this mindset, and are not those type that are waiting for every dollar from the fare collected to provide for the next meal for the family.

Wah, yours is what car? Scully kanna those 4 x plus-size passengers, + 3 months worth of rice and mineral water (not toilet paper)... Think car gone'ed liao...

Actually that is the mindset my whole family has also. Almost all the males in my family have TDVL. Preparing for retirement. My uncle's relief driver also like that. He's a retiree and just drive 3 days a week to earn some pocket money and he choose to use the taxi on those 3 days cuz he got to go for medical checkup.

Edited by Nzy

Actually that is the mindset my whole family has also. Almost all the males in my family have TDVL. Preparing for retirement. My uncle's relief driver also like that. He's a retiree and just drive 3 days a week to earn some pocket money and he choose to use the taxi on those 3 days cuz he got to go for medical checkup.

Wah, you mean it's really a viable option?

While my fren was rather confident when we discussed about this that many moons ago, I was not completely convinced it will work.

Maybe i should do some sums  [laugh]

Avoid buying used Vezel, Attrage, Shuttle, and Mazda 3. Any other cars to avoid? I think most of the new Lancers on the road also PHV.

Altis, Axio, Tivoli and the list goes on and on...

Twincharged

Wah, you mean it's really a viable option?

While my fren was rather confident when we discussed about this that many moons ago, I was not completely convinced it will work.

Maybe i should do some sums  [laugh]

Last time viable without relief driver. Now seems like tough without relief driver so cannot really use the taxi as own car. But if you can find someone that doesn't need the tax during the times you want to use it then still viable.

Last time viable without relief driver. Now seems like tough without relief driver so cannot really use the taxi as own car. But if you can find someone that doesn't need the tax during the times you want to use it then still viable.

Wah...  [thumbsup]

Just need to find a permanent night shift relief driver, then ok liao...

They are passionate about serving the commoners. Sharing is Caring. :D

All these 7-series and Mercs Uber/Grabs are there to serve the people. Money is the last thing on their mind. They are the PAP MPs / Ministers of the transportation world.